"24" Day 3 - 5:00PM to 6:00 pm

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

"24" Day 3 - 5:00PM to 6:00 pm

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-03, 09:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Chloe / Kim meeting was crap. Like Chloe is just going to give into Kim who isn't ranked as high. Why couldn't she just say she didn't find anything? Or why didn't she just show Kim some files? DUMB ... I actually hate a character more than Kim this year.
Old 11-26-03, 09:42 AM

Does anyone know what the point of the 'router problem' was? I thought at first it was to prevent them from seeing the license plate but now I'm wondering if maybe Kyle is not the virus carrier. It was way too easy to find him and where did the guards in the containment unit go?
Old 11-26-03, 09:45 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by Mysteryfan
but now I'm wondering if maybe Kyle is not the virus carrier. It was way too easy to find him and where did the guards in the containment unit go?
My thoughts exactly. I'm pretty sure that Kyle is the carrier, but how did he get the virus in the first place?
Old 11-26-03, 09:52 AM

Originally posted by Buck Turgidson

I had the same questions. Is it occasionally important for CTU to observe random surgeries?
Welcome to the Patriot Act, folks. You should read it sometime, it's highly interesting and disgusting at the same time. Looks like the writers are using some of its absurdities to their advantage.

Was anyone else waiting for Kim to be taken hostage by the Mole guy? I was smiling as she was walking into that room. Reminded me of Teri's murder, also.
Old 11-26-03, 09:55 AM

Does anyone know what the point of the 'router problem' was? I thought at first it was to prevent them from seeing the license plate but now I'm wondering if maybe Kyle is not the virus carrier. It was way too easy to find him and where did the guards in the containment unit go?
The tactical team came in shooting and exchanged gunfire with some people who were off-screen.

I think this goes beyond Salazar and his drug-thugs, and I think we'll find out just how far soon. The whole debate thing is happening for a reason, we just haven't been enlightened on where it's going yet.

This is beyond Salazar, mark my words.
Old 11-26-03, 09:56 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

It was way too easy to find him and where did the guards in the containment unit go?
I would assume that they were killed or restrained shortly after the agents moved into the building (there were a bunch of shots fired when they first went in).
Old 11-26-03, 10:54 AM

Why wouldn't the CTU mole (forget his name) just call the people holding Kyle Singer and tell them to ditch the truck?
Old 11-26-03, 11:19 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
Or at least the license plate?
Old 11-26-03, 11:56 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts
Originally posted by Meteu185
Welcome to the Patriot Act, folks. You should read it sometime, it's highly interesting and disgusting at the same time. Looks like the writers are using some of its absurdities to their advantage.
I would like you to quote the parts of the Patriot Act that allow for the viewing of random surgeries. I'd be very interested to see that. I just found it hilarious they could pull up his operating room in a matter of seconds.

That aside, overall I thought the show was pretty good. Chloe has GOT to be the freakiest character on television.

The guard blowing his brains out was brutal, and really left that PSA awfully unnecessary. It's not like they glorified Russian Roulette. Too bad it seems like that guy died for nothing and Jack risked his life/career for nothing since they found Kyle Singer, but I'm guessing there's a bit more to it...
Old 11-26-03, 12:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts
Originally posted by bdshort
The President's blackmail storyline is a waste of screen time
At least he isn't caught in a cougar trap.
Old 11-26-03, 12:14 PM
Enormous Genitals

Location: a small cottage on a cul de sac in the lower pits of hell.
Received 583 Likes on 335 Posts
Originally posted by juiio
At least he isn't caught in a cougar trap...
...yet.
Old 11-26-03, 12:27 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by BDLOU
I just wish she didn't have a monkey face.
I need to go to more zoos...
Old 11-26-03, 12:37 PM

Here's the bottom line on Season Three of 24 so far:

It's probably more realistic than the first two seasons, but it's also more boring.

It just doesn't have that edge-of-your-seat kind of excitement that I had the first two years. The endings of the shows the first two years (and even the first episode this year) used to get your heart pounding...this season they seem to be running out of situations to get Jack into.

The season is still young, and I know the writers only plan out about 13 episodes and then plan out the rest of them into the season, so it's probably not too late to change the storylines into something more interesting.
Old 11-26-03, 01:04 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Buck Turgidson
I need to go to more zoos...
Am I the only one that thinks Ramon's brother's wife is butt ugly?
Old 11-26-03, 01:15 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I have a question for everyone...

Do you feel it's the writers that make you not as interested, or the fact that "24" keeps killing off or disregarding known and liked characters?

Granted, there might not be a way to have incorporated Nina into this season, but as it stands, her situation with Jack has yet to be resolved in any satisfactory situation.

Mason was great, and he was the guy Jack struggled with all the time that could hold his ground. You could make a case that Chappelle could take this role, but he's not in most the episodes anyways.

Tony's out of commision, and probably till the last two episodes is my guess.

Who knows where Sherry is. And while you might not of liked her, and granted, maybe having her would make season 3 MORE of a soap opera on Palmers side, she was another familiar face. She probably, at the very least--whether David and her reconciled or not--would have brought a little more relevance to the President's storyline.

All these characters are gone. Even, to a much lesser extent, Kate Warner.

Thoughts?
Enormous Genitals

I think she's hot!
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
No. I do too.
Old 11-26-03, 01:46 PM

Originally posted by Meteu185
The tactical team came in shooting and exchanged gunfire with some people who were off-screen.

I think this goes beyond Salazar and his drug-thugs, and I think we'll find out just how far soon. The whole debate thing is happening for a reason, we just haven't been enlightened on where it's going yet.

This is beyond Salazar, mark my words.
I agree about Salazar and I think that somehow Palmer's girlfriend's ex might also be mixed up in this.

I guess I missed hearing the shots being fired off-screen. But why didn't the guards notice Kyle when he tried to hang himself? And yeah, how did he get the virus and not notice?
Old 11-26-03, 02:31 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I saw "Sherrie" on an episode of Frasier last month.
Old 11-26-03, 06:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

This has been a bit of a boring season. Between 24 and Alias, my two formerly favorite shows are going downhill
Old 11-26-03, 08:21 PM
Enormous Genitals

Where's Nina?
Old 11-26-03, 10:25 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I went to the movies tonight and was pleasantly surprised by this huge standee (for "The Girl Next Door") which featured Elisha Cuthbert prominently in a shot that pretty much defines "Schwing!" Look for it in a theater near you...(you may have to hit the "reload" button on your browser, or go here to see the movie poster).

Last edited by Patman; 11-26-03 at 10:29 PM.
Old 11-26-03, 10:28 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
your link is dead
Old 11-26-03, 10:29 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Hit the "reload" button on your browser, or use the link above.
Old 11-26-03, 11:21 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

The most ridiculous part for me was when Kim stopped Chloe coming out of her dad's office.
"Tell me what you found"
"No"
"Tell me or I'll stand in your way"
"Ok, I found drugs"

WTF?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.