TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Friends 11/20

Old 11-21-03, 08:21 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Friends 11/20

I just find it funny that there are no longer any friends threads before any other ones on Thursday nights.

Exactly HOW did they get a baby after only a few weeks? And didn't they make such a BIG deal about Chandler not liking Thanksgiving at all, just a few years ago?

Joey is still the funniest character around.
Old 11-21-03, 08:24 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by huzefa
Exactly HOW did they get a baby after only a few weeks
Easy, they have to have the baby in time for the next sweeps period.
Old 11-21-03, 09:17 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,638 Likes on 1,025 Posts
Re: Friends 11/20

Originally posted by huzefa
Exactly HOW did they get a baby after only a few weeks?
Monica said that the baby's mother "picked them." Which leads me to believe it wasn't a waiting list type of deal.

I thought this was a hilarious episode. It was about all six of them, instead of separate plots, which I think always makes for a better episode.

The highlight was Joey drooling onto Rachel's head.
Old 11-21-03, 09:20 AM

Received 97 Likes on 80 Posts
Joey and his eyes was the best part.
DVD Talk Legend

Re: Re: Friends 11/20

Originally posted by Draven
Monica said that the baby's mother "picked them." Which leads me to believe it wasn't a waiting list type of deal.
I thought the baby's mother was never allowed to 'pick' the parents (unless there was no adoption agency involved, which there is on the show).
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Geofferson
Joey and his eyes was the best part.
Oops, I forgot to mention that was the funniest bit of the entire show.
Old 11-21-03, 09:43 AM

OT- "Picking parents"

Nope, at least in some states parents are "picked." Mind you, this would be an open adoption and there are all different kinds. The adoptive parents put together an "about me" book and basically sell themselves through photos and descriptions. The biological mother or parents decide who to give their child to by looking through these presentations until they feel a bond with someone - for whatever reason.
Granted, a healthy white infant still takes years to get under normal circumstances as the biological parents aren't going to see every available adoptive couple, only those at the top of the waiting list.
But, as was said before, this had to happen in time for the show to end!

Back on topic- I thought it was hilarious when Joey was trying to catch the turkey grease with his tongue!

Last edited by Renee; 11-21-03 at 09:50 AM.
Old 11-21-03, 10:39 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Did they say that this was Emma's first thanksgiving? Because wasn't last year's show with Christina Applegate Emma's first thanksgiving?
Old 11-21-03, 10:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by tofu
Did they say that this was Emma's first thanksgiving? Because wasn't last year's show with Christina Applegate Emma's first thanksgiving?
That's what Rachel initially said, but then she was corrected. It was her second.
Old 11-21-03, 10:47 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Sort of a bland episode, but granted, I was a little sleepy this morning when I watched it.
Old 11-21-03, 11:00 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally posted by tofu
I guess you missed the part where everyone said, "No it's not."
Old 11-21-03, 11:03 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Sounds like Monica + Chandler are getting their baby on the black market.

Phoebe's enthusiasm for a baby beauty contest was a little odd, and completely out of character.

"...or should I say, Chanberries."
"That's some gentle comedy, dude."

Honk!
Old 11-21-03, 11:37 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I liked how they were going "push, push, push" at the door and then Monica came out and said they had a baby. You know, kinda mimicing the scene that would happen at the hospital.
Old 11-21-03, 12:13 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 165 Likes on 118 Posts
Hilarious episode I thought, the last 10 minutes or so were just classic. "The floating heads have spoken!"
Old 11-21-03, 01:05 PM

Originally posted by Charlie Goose
Sounds like Monica + Chandler are getting their baby on the black market.
hehehehehehe

Can someone please make Monica stop SCREAMING EVERYTHING SHE SAYS!!!

Phoebe's enthusiasm for a baby beauty contest was a little odd, and completely out of character.
Hmm I didn't think of that, but you are right. Rachel should have been into that more since she was the shallow one to begin with.

But I do think the baby should be taken away from her. One week she cares about the kid, the next she doesn't even mention the kid and goes galavanting all over creation.

What mother wouldn't know it was their baby had it's first thanksgiving the prior year!

But it was better than the 1st b-day episode.
Old 11-21-03, 01:31 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
This was the WORST Thanksgiving episode of all (and after "The One with the Football" that is SAYING something). The storylines were weak and everyone was pretty much written out of character - e.g. Phoebe and the baby beauty contest? (and where was Mike?!) Chandler actually enthused about Thanksgiving? What kind of Cabbage Patch doll does Joey own that wears clothes that fit a ONE YEAR OLD?!? Ross - yawn - and the torn shirt - great episode for that character. Monica actually passing up the opportunity to host a dinner?!

Joey was again the only reason to watch the episode. Just about the only funny things in this episode were associated with him.

If this show weren't ending this year, I'd be howling that it be cancelled. It is THAT lame.
Old 11-21-03, 01:33 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by njchris
Can someone please make Monica stop SCREAMING EVERYTHING SHE SAYS!!!
That would be out of character for her. She always screams when she talks. Especially everytime she says I KNOW.

I thought this episode was just alright. I didn't laugh as much as I usually do. It was probably a good last Thanksgiving episode though. Joey's eyes were great. I'm actually really interested in seeing his spinoff now.
Old 11-21-03, 02:04 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 254 Likes on 192 Posts
I thought it was funny.

Joey doing the eye thing was great.
Old 11-21-03, 02:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Re: OT- "Picking parents"

Originally posted by Renee
Nope, at least in some states parents are "picked." Mind you, this would be an open adoption and there are all different kinds. The adoptive parents put together an "about me" book and basically sell themselves through photos and descriptions. The biological mother or parents decide who to give their child to by looking through these presentations until they feel a bond with someone - for whatever reason.
Granted, a healthy white infant still takes years to get under normal circumstances as the biological parents aren't going to see every available adoptive couple, only those at the top of the waiting list.

Explaining all this would've been funnier than most of the stuff in last night's episode.

Old 11-21-03, 02:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Morf
I guess you missed the part where everyone said, "No it's not."
I guess so. I must have been too focused on Joey's eyes
Old 11-21-03, 10:27 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 911 Likes on 646 Posts
Originally posted by rfduncan
This was the WORST Thanksgiving episode of all (and after "The One with the Football" that is SAYING something). The storylines were weak and everyone was pretty much written out of character - e.g. Phoebe and the baby beauty contest? (and where was Mike?!) Chandler actually enthused about Thanksgiving? What kind of Cabbage Patch doll does Joey own that wears clothes that fit a ONE YEAR OLD?!? Ross - yawn - and the torn shirt - great episode for that character. Monica actually passing up the opportunity to host a dinner?!
That is bizarre that every single one of them was out of character. But I still thought it was pretty good.

Yeah, where was Mike? It's Thanksgiving, he's not going to spend it with his fiance? He is the unofficial 7th friend. He should be around all the time, being that he is engaged to Phoebe. They should have found him sooner. He is great. I loved Hank Azaria's character, but I'm glad they went this route.
Old 11-21-03, 10:36 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
Monica is annoying as hell, and she is one reason that I want this show to end.

Joey carried almost the entire episode, as he has the last few years. I can't wait for the spinoff.

The bulging hypnotic eyes were funnier than shit. "look away!"

I wish NBC would start and end their shows at the proper times and cut out this crap where they begin them a minute or two early and run them over a few minutes - enough already!
Old 11-23-03, 06:35 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I really liked this episode, and thought that it was one of the best episodes of the season. I find that when they work as an emsemble together, the comedy is better, rather than the individual plotlines.

Not really looking forward to another baby though. Although since this is the last season, we won't have to suffer through it too long..
Old 11-23-03, 01:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by movieking
Not really looking forward to another baby though.
Don't worry about it. Apparenty, in the Friends universe, kids are only allowed to show up once and are then forgotten about.
Old 11-23-03, 02:12 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

You guys are all way too negative, its ridiculous. This is one of the most popular shows on TV, and it is very successful. I, for one, LOVE this show. Friends is awesome.

Monica is loud, because thats her character. I was watching an episode from Season 2, and she was loud then as well.

Joey is funny because he's always been funny.

Ross is boring, and lame sometimes, because thats his character. And that makes it funny, in my opinion.

Friends is my all-time favorite sitcom. And I will be sad when it ends. So I say continue throwing out the great episodes. Go Friends!!!

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.