Reload this Page >

That 70s Show- 11/11

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

That 70s Show- 11/11

Old 11-12-03, 02:51 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That 70s Show- 11/11

Anybody catch this one? I was kinda pissed they put a new episode on a Tuesday night. I wouldn't have even caught it if I hadn't been bored and flipping through the channels and decided to stop on the "Bubble Boy" episode of Seinfeld.

The episode was pretty good and I found myself laughing quite a bit. Enjoyed the whole thing of them visiting college and Kelso's CPR thing.

One interesting anachronism (sp?) that I noticed, when the girls were visiting Marquette University, they have posters up in a couple places saying "Go Golden Eagles" and so on, but Marquette didn't become the Golden Eagles until the 1990s, when they changed their name from Warriors.

Man, I have too much time on my hands.
Old 11-12-03, 02:55 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
This was a repeat from last season.
Old 11-12-03, 02:59 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

This episode "Over the Hills and Far Away" was from last season (orig aired 11/19/02). The kids are visiting colleges.

This season they are leaving for college. Tonight's episode is the new one, "Magic Bus" -

It's Donna's last night in Point Place, and it's also Eric's eigthteen birthday. He may not be getting the party he expected, and he has to tell Donna goodbye. Hyde warns him that he needs to be cool-like Bogey in Casablanca.
Old 11-14-03, 03:40 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

That's strange. Why did they call it an all-new episode then? I know that's what they said in the commercial for it during Seinfeld, otherwise I wouldn't have stuck around for it.
Old 11-14-03, 07:28 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Re: That 70s Show- 11/11

Originally posted by badger1997
One interesting anachronism (sp?) that I noticed, when the girls were visiting Marquette University, they have posters up in a couple places saying "Go Golden Eagles" and so on, but Marquette didn't become the Golden Eagles until the 1990s, when they changed their name from Warriors.
Yeah, and considering that the PC police weren't around in the 70's, it's even more of an anacrhonism.

Personally, Marquette will always be the Warriors to me. Just like it will always be the Syracuse Orangemen, the St John's Redmen, the Miami (OH) Redskins, and all the rest. Going PC is unmanly.

(PS - You spelled anachronism correctly.)