Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Survivor 7: 11/06/03

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-03, 08:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by lysander
I would have voted her in if I was in the situation (hoping that I would be the other voted in). Shes' the weakest competitor. They may have all been talking about "revenge,", but the bottom line is to win the competition. She will not be there in the end.

Interesting how Johny keeps surviving week to week. There is absolutely nobody who benefitted more from the merger than he. He may have just bought 3 more weeks. However, now that the scales are tipped, he is not necessary, and I would not be surprised to see his own tribemates vote him off next just to get him out of there. They don't need his vote. That cat is gonna need to win a lot of immmunities to stay in this game
But if they screw around like that, all it takes is one person to jump ship, and all of a sudden, the majority is now the minority, and the game is over. You can't screw around when voting, I believe this happened in a previous season...
Old 11-07-03, 08:48 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally posted by Kromax
I think Rupert snowed Burton a bit about his reasons for voting him off. Fact is the group voted him off because he was the strongest. Rupert played it well. As far as Jonny Fairplay (who I'm rooting for), he will survive the next vote. Drake vote one more Morgan off--probably Ryan if he doesn't get immunity--and then Jonny will be next. He's a villain, and therefore I identify with him.
Nothing wrong with rooting for the bad guy, but one that's so annoying, so insipid, so irritating!!!!!!!!

Boy, I wanted to break those Johnny Fairplay fingers of his that he so cockily held up during tribal counsel.

But I guess part of being an excellent bad guy is stoking the fires of hatred out of most - which he is accomplishing in spades.
Old 11-07-03, 08:51 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 74 Likes on 48 Posts
How do you identify with him? Are you a villain?
Old 11-07-03, 09:41 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

After watching last night I REALLY don't like the previous voted off folks coming back. The vote last night would have been a lot more interesting with a 4 vs. 4 from each tribe. Lil drives me insane...
Old 11-07-03, 09:50 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 209 Likes on 120 Posts
Don't forget, Jon could switch sides at this point and give Morgan the advantage. I don't think he'll go next week though. Drake/Burton will convince him he's safe and then once it's 5 / 3, they vote him off.
Old 11-07-03, 10:14 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
It may have been a mistake to keep Jon until the "rejects go to the jury" point. He will be a real wild card there.
Old 11-07-03, 10:32 AM

Don't forget basic Survivor strategy 101: Vote out the weak/annoying ones early in the game, then vote out the strongest ones after the merge.

Jon is wise to plot against Rupert. ANYONE vs. Rupert at the end means Rupert wins.
Old 11-07-03, 10:59 AM
Jim
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I wonder if a couple of people voted for Lil thinking that she was weak and wouldn't get votes from other people, thereby trying to help themselves by not giving a vote to a strong person. Oops, that kind of backfired on them if that's the case.

I think the only time a tribe with the voting majority at the merge has lost that advantage was in the Amazon. If form holds, Drake should mow down Morgan meaning Rupert should make it until at least the last 4 or 5.

As one or 2 other people said, Drake will probably eliminate at least 1 more Morgan before voting out someone from their own tribe. You'd think that person would be Jon, but I could see it switching back to Burton. It seems like Sandra, Christa, and Rupert are probably a pretty solid alliance. Did you catch Sandra's comment when the merged tribe got to their camp? "Rupert provides our food". That seems pretty telling and an indication he'll be kept around.

Lil has to go. She is not cut out for this game at all. What was with her comment when she was voted back in? "I AM a nice person!" She hosed herself by being such a sourpuss when she got back to camp. Compare that to Burton who came in with a positive and conciliatory attitude and brought new energy to Drake.
Old 11-07-03, 11:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
To make it brief, another bitch (Lil) seeks revenge. Reminds me of that irritating Susan Hawk.
Old 11-07-03, 11:19 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I don't think Lill could get past her hurt feelings towards her former tribemates. I mean, do any of you think Lill is going to really fit in with the former Morgan tribe members? Personally, I would have given Savage a fighting chance by making it a deadlock 5-5 vote and then let Savage and Jon duke it out in a tie-break situation.

Think about tribe dynamics at the time of booting out Lill - can you help the tribe win against the other tribe? At that time, Lill was a liability. Sure, no one likes to think of themselves as a liability, but in this game, self-awareness would be a nice thing to possess in self-assessment, rather than just convince yourself that your former tribemates hated your guts, and that's why they booted you out when forced to do so.

If Lill was smart, she should have played up the Guilt card with her former tribemates and then roll the dice on who got the boot by forcing a tie vote.

Last edited by Patman; 11-07-03 at 11:27 AM.
Old 11-07-03, 12:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 74 Likes on 48 Posts
Maybe they voted Lil back on because she is nice and they all liked her. It's possible. If I were her, I would go against my old tribe as well. Screw them after they voted me off.

If Lil, Burton, and John stick together, they have a chance to go far. If the Drakes + Lil vote another 2 Morgan's off, then Lil, Burton, and John, could then band with the last Morgan and pick off Rupert and the 2 girls.
Old 11-07-03, 01:05 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I hate how 2 people were allowed back in. Just becasue Lil had a chip on her shoulder, it pretty much spells out the next few weeks. Morgan will be picked off one by one. I hardly think that's of much interest. Would have been much more interesting to see, the 2 tribes merge even.

I pulled Ryan O as my person the survivor pool at work, and I'm not liking my chance for next week. I would think, Drake would pick off the strongest morgan left him, however I wouldn't leave an advantage to # of women to guys, else the one will prob take out the other..

Who knows, the bringing back of contestants in mind, ruins the season.
Old 11-07-03, 01:56 PM

Was anyone else hoping to see Morgan go without food for a few days? Rupert showed them how to use the spear and catch fish. He also showed them that they didn't have to trek across the whole damn island to find a good spot for fish. Instead of using this knowledge, Morgan has presumably been laying around all day.

As soon as they ran out of rice, bam, merge.

Next week:

Drake: Those Morgan people are pretty lazy
Morgan: Those Drake people do more work than they have to.
Old 11-07-03, 02:48 PM

Originally posted by Astro

Morgan: Those Drake people do more work than they have to.
That was hillarious! Um, yeah, Tijuana, that's why you're all literally starving to death ! Bunch of lazies! What a bunch of morons in Morgan, except Ryan O seems to be a pretty decent guy who got stuck with the wrong tribe.
Old 11-07-03, 02:50 PM

I just have a feeling that the Drake people will screw up they're edge in the vote
Old 11-07-03, 03:03 PM

EW ARTICLE RE SURVIVOR PEARL ISLANDS 11/6/2003:

Who'd they bring back?!?! Boy Scout-uniform-wearing Lil and... oh, who cares who's the other one? BY Josh Wolk

So Burton and Lil are the two Outcasts back in the game. Burton I can see: He did lead their ousted tribe to victory. But Lil? What was the thought process there: ''Who will we be proudest to represent us and show that we're not losers? How about the grown woman in the Boy Scout uniform!'' Why not crown her with some Mickey Mouse ears before sending her back? Now THAT would really teach Morgan that the Outcasts are not to be messed with!

Other than Burton, there really wasn't anyone else who made a great case to be sent back to the game. Nicole said she was a bad apple, and that could work to her advantage. Yeah, that really worked the first time… when she was voted out BEFORE a grown woman in a Boy Scout uniform. Michelle's platform was that it would be awesome for a cute little girl to beat everyone: so she was going for the irony vote? And Skinny Ryan campaigned on his love of the game: Sure, he weighs 13 pounds and has proved utterly useless at all challenges, but hey, he has Gervase's autograph at home!

The morning after Burton returned to Drake, Rupert immediately pulled him aside to set things straight, telling him he dinged Burton because he made fun of his skirt and plumber's crack. Come on, Rupert, be reasonable: when is the last time you saw the words ''man's skirt'' and ''plumber's crack'' NOT in the same sentence with the word ''mock''? Add a big hairy guy into the mix, and you're just asking too much to stay quiet. But Rupert did give a touching speech about how Burton reminded him of all the bullies who used to tease a young, fat Rupert. Under all that hair, Rupert is just a troubled teen himself, isn't he?

Somebody needs to get rid of Rupert fast. Sure, we'd all like to see him win, but it wouldn't be ''Survivor'' if the obvious, deserving winner and strongest player skipped right to Tribal Council. Considering he has dominated nearly every challenge so far (take that, childhood bullies!), the other players would be wise to take him out sooner rather than later. Plus, we viewers will all get more entertainment value if he gets axed: he's sure to let out a wail and start smashing the Tribal Council stage. The other players and Jeff Probst will have to beat him back with their torches like townspeople battling Frankenstein.

Now, Lil may dress like a halfwit, but she played like at least a three-quarter-wit. Her response to Andrew's pleas to vote with Morgan was perfect, especially when he asked her to at least tell him who she was voting for before Tribal Council, and she said, ''Did you tell me?'' Go get 'em, Lil! Granted, she was probably emboldened by Rupert lurking over Savage's shoulder, giving her the stink eye, Rupe-style. I think he was trying to give her support, but he looked kind of threatening: I expected him to pull a Boy Scout out from behind a tree and hold a knife to his throat, whispering, ''Stick with us, Lil, or the Webelo gets it right in the neckerchief!''

So Lil stuck with Drake, and took out Savage. Now I wonder if we'll have to endure three predictable weeks of Tijuana, Ryan O., and Darrah getting voted out to finish off Morgan. (Then again, perhaps Drake will forget Darrah exists, and accidentally leave her to the last two. ''Wait, who's she? I thought she was part of the shelter!'') However, if Burton is smart, he'll convince the leftover Morgan to join him and Lil, then they could take out Rupert and the rest of Drake.

So the game might get dirty from here on in. However, in our real world, everyone seems to be at war either with guns or with words, so wouldn't it be nice if the Survivors set an example and actually bonded together one week, put their differences aside and worked together for the common good? And by that I mean throw that jackass Johnny Fairplay out of this game. Oh, what a wonderful world that would be.

(Posted:11/06/03)
Old 11-07-03, 03:06 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by SpaceBoy
I hate how 2 people were allowed back in. Just becasue Lil had a chip on her shoulder, it pretty much spells out the next few weeks. Morgan will be picked off one by one. I hardly think that's of much interest. Would have been much more interesting to see, the 2 tribes merge even.
Now, I'm no math whiz, but I'm pretty sure the tribes did merge even...
The fact that Lil has a chip on her shoulder has nothing to do with whether the merge was even or not - it's all about the interpersonal dynamics, and Andrew ****ed up, plain and simple.

As to the game, I don't think that they're going to pick off Morgan one by one. I think Jon will be the next to go...
Old 11-07-03, 03:07 PM

Rupert voted Burton off???

Originally posted by SunMonkey
And once again Rupert shows class by honestly talking to Burton about why he voted him off.
My memory's a bit hazy (and reading the thread about the specific episode didn't help), but wasn't Rupert with the Morgan tribe when Drake went to TC to vote?

Checking with the CBS site confirms that, Rupert didn't explicitly vote Burton out, but maybe that was his wish. And didn't he get booted because he suggested that Drake throw the IC? Rupert comes up with some lame-ass "you dissed me" excuse instead of the truth.

One more thing, who thinks Burton should have slowed up and let Rupert win (outright) the IC? Dumb move.
Old 11-07-03, 03:28 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Re: Rupert voted Burton off???

Originally posted by Anteater87
One more thing, who thinks Burton should have slowed up and let Rupert win (outright) the IC? Dumb move.
I was thinking that while the race was going on but then after he won and Jeff said he could give the immunity away it made sense.
He looks good giving it to Rupert.

The question is did Burton know he could give it away before the challenge ?
Old 11-07-03, 03:47 PM

Re: Rupert voted Burton off???

Originally posted by Anteater87
Noone told Burton that he had automatic immunity at his first tribal council back. I think Drake was going to use that little piece of knowledge to help direct his vote. A disgruntled Andrew chose to tell Lil, not thinking ahead.

full Tribal Council Dialogue:

Andrew (votes Little John): Little John, you talk too much smack.

Jon (votes Savage): IN HIS BEST MACHO MAN VOICE...Oooooh yeah. Mr. Macho, Mr. Savage going down! Dig it?!

Ryan O (votes Johnny "Fair play"): It's not because I don't like you. I just don't you. It’s too early in the game. I don't know. You're the only one I could vote for. Alright man, seeya around.

Darrah (votes John): I'm voting for you tonight John because of my alliance. Otherwise, you're a pretty cool guy, but I haven't gotten to know you well.

Christa (votes Savage): You are our biggest threat out here. You are such a smooth talker dude. Bye.

Lill (votes Andrew): It's time I stood up for myself. I'm so happy we (learned? HARD TO HEAR) from each other. Now I have a new family to depend on. I would have been gone anyway. This is for me standing up. This is for my friend Nicole. And this is for Ryan Shoulders. And he does have 110 percent heart.

Burton (votes Savage): Purely a strategic move to keep my alliance strong and tear your tribe apart.

Sandra (votes Savage): I really didn't know you so there's not much I can say about you. Usually I say ugly things, but my alliance wants you gone so it's time for you to go. Ya know? Adios.

Rupert (votes Andrew): After the feast, I tried to offer you a deal. It would have got you to six easy, and maybe more. You three and my three. You tell me no. And you come back two minutes before this damn council and say, "yeah it's a deal." I can't change everything after that. Your own team starting turning on you after that. You're gone man, I'm sorry.

Tijuana (votes Johnny Fairplay): Johnny Fairplay this vote is for you. You came to our camp and you stirred things up at the Morgan Tribe. Thereafter were some things coming from your tribe. That you're a troublemaker and that you're very manipulative. And when it comes down to it, my tribe thought that you were the person to go. I know it might not affect you tonight, but it may sometime in the future.
Hmmm, Andrew should have taken Rupert up on that alliance.
Old 11-07-03, 04:22 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Actually, Jeff told both Burton and Lill that they had immunity for the next tribal council just before they left the Outcast tribal council.
Old 11-07-03, 05:10 PM

My bad, I didn't remember if Jeff told them or not. It seemed from the way Rupert was reassuring Burton that Jon would be voted out at the next tribal council if Drake lost an immunity challenge, that Burton didn't know.

I'm still not sure why Burton and Lil were in the immunity challenge.
Old 11-07-03, 05:32 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
They were there as spoilers, to take immunity away (if they win) from someone who could use it.
Old 11-07-03, 09:07 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by Patman
Actually, Jeff told both Burton and Lill that they had immunity for the next tribal council just before they left the Outcast tribal council.
actually, i thought Jeff mentioned that would be the case LAST WEEK, before they even played the challenge with the outcast tribe. I am pretty sure that was mentioned when he was explaining how the challenge would work.
Old 11-08-03, 01:32 AM

Johnny Fairplay needs a serious butt-kicking. Why he hasnt been voted off is still baffles me. He is so annoying. I feel the urge to strangle him growing inside

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.