Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

NYPD Blue "It's To Die For" -- 11.05.2003

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 11-05-03, 02:08 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's To Die For

Andy and John key in on a suspected serial rapist after a woman escapes an attack at one of the bars their perp seems to be targeting. But when that leads to a dead-end, the squad is forced to re-evaluate the investigation. Meanwhile, a cop's big secret keeps Baldwin and Greg from closing a case; Diane reaches out to Connie on the day of her biopsy; and good luck finally visits the Sipowicz home. Diane: Kim Delaney. Lucy: Tina Holmes. Lyle: Sonny Marinelli.
This was a pretty good ep. Diane didn't bother me as much since she came back [not that I want her or her tear ducts to hang around after the serial rapist/killer case is closed]. Glad to see Connie told Andy, but i'm sensing drama up ahead [or maybe another job for Andy]. I'm sure there's no way they could comfortably live in NYC with THREE kids...

Oh, and....was that friggin needle LONG ENOUGH??

Oh yeah, and a hearty THANKS to ABC. I'm sure a 90 minute interview with Jessica Lynch will be MUCH better than a new ep of NYPD Blue next week. 'sides, the poor girl needs the publicity..
Old 11-05-03, 10:25 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I thought it was an okay ep. It was good to see Diane confide in Connie, and it was nice to see Connie drop the news to Andy.

I really want the squad to rap up this serial-killer case. And Jones to finish dealing w/ Michael's idiot father - put the guy in jail already.
Old 11-05-03, 11:59 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by B.A.hist
I thought it was an okay ep. It was good to see Diane confide in Connie, and it was nice to see Connie drop the news to Andy.

I really want the squad to rap up this serial-killer case. And Jones to finish dealing w/ Michael's idiot father - put the guy in jail already.
My thoughts exactly
Old 11-05-03, 12:16 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I was getting sick of the Jones/kid thing until Andy giving him another view. Andy is exactly right and now I am interested in seeing what Jones does. He can do no right in this situation. Try to get the kid to flip on his Dad and he's going against what he told the kid at the beginning. Carry on the same way and the father will end up doing something.
Old 11-05-03, 12:19 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by B.A.hist

I am pretty much in agreement.
Old 11-05-03, 12:24 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I also like that they haven't wrapped this case yet. It seems they are making more of an attempt to get story lines to span multiple episodes. With the trial, the kid, the Serial killer. Usually the only aspect that spans multiple episodes is character personal issues.
Old 11-05-03, 01:16 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Re: NYPD Blue "It's To Die For" -- 11.05.2003

Originally posted by Rogue588
Oh yeah, and a hearty THANKS to ABC. I'm sure a 90 minute interview with Jessica Lynch will be MUCH better than a new ep of NYPD Blue next week. 'sides, the poor girl needs the publicity..
MY thoughts exactly. The season just started and they're already pre-empting?! For THIS?! Give me a break...
Old 11-05-03, 01:34 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Originally posted by BDLOU
I also like that they haven't wrapped this case yet. It seems they are making more of an attempt to get story lines to span multiple episodes. With the trial, the kid, the Serial killer. Usually the only aspect that spans multiple episodes is character personal issues.
I agree with this. I think I might be getting a lil tired of the "60 minute wrapup" [well, 45 w/o commercials..]
Old 11-13-03, 02:09 PM

I saw a commercial the other day that showed a new show, Line of Fire, that's going to be on Tuesdays at 10 during December, during this slot. Is NYPD Blue taking a break during December?
Old 11-13-03, 02:12 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by javanut
I saw a commercial the other day that showed a new show, Line of Fire, that's going to be on Tuesdays at 10 during December, during this slot. Is NYPD Blue taking a break during December?

Yes - instead of running reruns Blue will be going on hiatus for December and most of January. ABC has done this several times before with Blue.