Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Boston Public 10/31/03

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-03, 06:39 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Boston Public 10/31/03

I don't know about the rest of you, but I really liked this episode.

I guess this show is supposed to be a drama, but damn, there are some really funny moments. Case in point: Harper goes into the teacher's lounge and says something like, "Marilyn and I are seeing each other. I love her. Bye." And then when Harper tells the Juilliard student to calm down so as not to kiss Miss Hendricks I was cracking up. I don't care what the rest of you say about this show, I love it.

Glad to see that Guber is hooking up with Sherilyn Fenn.

When I first saw the kid Julian, I thought maybe the storyline was going to be that everybody thinks he's a guy but he's actually a girl. Guess I was wrong.

Oh yeah, I just noticed this: Why does nobody on the show have a Bostonian accent? I noticed that when Guber was at Sherilyn Fenn's apartment and one of her other lovers called and left a message on her answering machine. The only person who I can think of who was on the show that had a Bostonian accent is Joey McIntyre--and that's because he's from there originally.

Old 11-01-03, 09:48 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Re: Bostonian accents not in evidence:

You do want people to understand what the characters are saying without having to use closed captions, right?
Old 11-01-03, 10:09 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 690 Likes on 560 Posts
I've really enjoyed Boston Public this year. I think this season has been better than the last 2. Last night was no exception, although I didn't really care for the storyline with the gay kid.
Old 11-01-03, 10:15 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Nice episode ..... though I wonder what all those people who always complained about the singing thought about Guber's aria.
Old 11-01-03, 10:54 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 289 Likes on 222 Posts
This is the first episode that I can remember that Jeri Ryan got less then a minute of screentime.

Dennis Miller's pimp math When Guber asked him for advice was great too.
Old 11-01-03, 11:30 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Anyone know if the ratings are still bad? Also, there are rumors that the show is getting yanked in November--anyone know if that's true?
Old 11-01-03, 01:56 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 289 Likes on 222 Posts
Yes the ratings are bad

It's still scheduled for next week.
Old 11-01-03, 03:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Patman
Re: Bostonian accents not in evidence:

You do want people to understand what the characters are saying without having to use closed captions, right?
I think Bostonian accents are cool. That's probably just me, though. I want to move to the UK for a year just so I can lose my Hawaii accent and pick up that accent.

Old 11-01-03, 04:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Great episode all the way through. Guber is great, you could see how nervous and excited he was when he called Violet for a date, and how upset he was when he realized that he can't change his personality to suit the relationship.

Honk!
Old 11-01-03, 05:09 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,430 Likes on 974 Posts
I liked this episode also. Even though there was no Jeri Ryan eye candy.

I like Dennis Miller's character alot. I wish they could convince him to stay on the show. I don't like him, but I think his schtick is funny.

The best part of this ep was when Danny was talking to Violet, and he kept saying she looked familiar.

I liked Harper's "love" speech and then just walking out. That was classic.