TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Alias 10/26/03

Old 10-26-03, 10:23 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Alias 10/26/03

An okay episode.

Lauren was really getting into the car chase scene. She really wants to be out in the field.

It's always fun to see Marshall out on a mission, though it was far too short.

Simon got what he deserved for talking smack about "Julia".

Sloane's turning a double agent (yeah, I really believe that's gonna last...) was a little too convenient.

And OMG about next week's episode:

Spoiler:
EF (Evil Francie) is back!
Old 10-26-03, 10:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Yeah, I pretty much agree with everything Patman said.

BTW - were the credits cut off for anyone? Or they stopped showing that? They showed the credits for the other episodes.
Old 10-26-03, 11:10 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It was good to see the Jack instead of the Jack that just hangs around the office.

Marshall's picture from high school

Can't wait for next week
Old 10-26-03, 11:16 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by MrX
It was good to see the Jack instead of the Jack that just hangs around the office.
That was my favorite part of the show. Jack was utterly ruthless during that sequence - too bad that nothing more could come of it.

Melissa George's mouth really bothers the shit out of me. Lauren is trying to hard to be a field agent. Either she is already a traitor or her zest for fieldwork will wind up introducing her to the grim reaper. Either way - I hope she dies soon.

I love to see Sark in each ep, but I was disappointed that Djimon Hounsou's arms dealer didn't hurt Sloane more. Sloane minus a limb might have been kind of cool.

Loved Marshall in the field. Hate seeing Dixon in the office - his character sucks now.
Old 10-27-03, 12:09 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Two things:

1. badass jack shooting the guy.

2. marshall slapping syd's a$$
Old 10-27-03, 12:10 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
there were no credits.

glad to see there's nothing like a high speed car chase to promote female bonding..

I see Jack went to the Clark Kent School For Hiding Your Identity With A Pair Of Glasses..

other than that...glad to see Marshall in the field...also glad to see that Syd's giving Vaughn nightmares...

hopefuly Djimon's gonna be hanging around for a while..
Old 10-27-03, 12:56 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Actually there were credits during the opening scenes. They skipped the trance credit roll though.
Old 10-27-03, 01:41 AM
DVD Talk Hero

They only sometimes show the title sequences. Actually, I think it's fun trying to guess when -- or even if -- it will happen. Sometimes the titles run a good 20+ minutes into the episode, sometimes 2 minutes, sometimes never.

I enjoyed tonight's episode, but I've found that the thrill is gone when it comes to watching Alias. I still love watching Syd cry and watching Syd almost cry and watching Syd run around the corner of underground corridors in slo-mo and watching Vaughn be painfully boring, but I just don't seem to care that much anymore.

das
Old 10-27-03, 07:05 AM
DVD Talk Legend

With the reboot this season, Syd has lost her mission partner (like Dixon or Vaughn).

I vote for Marshall.
Old 10-27-03, 09:07 AM

I miss Dixon in the field - esp when he was going nuts on those people that killed his wife. Those were good fight scenes.
Old 10-27-03, 10:04 AM
DVD Talk Legend

From the thread about Alias in San Diego pre-empted by wildfire coverage:
Originally posted by Drive-In Nut
This is the most depressing post ive ever read. If your going to be so callous, do it in the name of a GOOD show. Youre about 18 years old, right?
Old 10-27-03, 10:22 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Maybe spy daddy was trying to perfect his Kieffer Sutherland in Dark City accent. I actually liked seeing marshall in the field this week for some odd reason. Also the "spoiler" thats in tags at the begining of this thread is also listed in entertainment weekly, but it just lists the characters "real" name.
Old 10-27-03, 10:31 AM

Would anybody have any links to pictures of Jennifer Garner in this episode?

I really liked her haircut in this episode and I'd like to show it to my hair-stylist. It was a cute length, and I loved how it turned up on the ends.
Old 10-27-03, 10:40 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by Jadzia
Would anybody have any links to pictures of Jennifer Garner in this episode?

I really liked her haircut in this episode and I'd like to show it to my hair-stylist. It was a cute length, and I loved how it turned up on the ends.
which one? the curls at the begining or the pony tail at the end? if you wanted the curl version, find a pic from daredevil
Old 10-27-03, 10:50 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Quoth Y2K Falcon <HR SIZE=1>From the thread about Alias in San Diego pre-empted by wildfire coverage:

<HR SIZE=1>

Who added the "Drive-In" part to that username?

das
Old 10-27-03, 11:17 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I'll second the vote for more Marshall in the field
Old 10-27-03, 11:18 AM

Originally posted by Rypro 525
which one? the curls at the begining or the pony tail at the end? if you wanted the curl version, find a pic from daredevil
No, the one that was Syd's "normal" hair, although you can tell it was a little shorter new cut and it was flipped up on the ends. It was the scene where she was in the car chase with Lauren, I was like "Her hair is cute!"

Old 10-27-03, 11:30 AM
DVD Talk Hero

"Her hair is cute!"
For some odd reason, I think Lauren (during the car chase scene) was thinking the same thing...
Old 10-27-03, 12:09 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

It was a fine episode but a lot of the season1 magic is gone and having commercials every frickin' 6 minutes is killing the show. There's no momentum!
Old 10-27-03, 12:09 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I think the writers have done a really good job with Lauren's character. They're obviously working hard to make her a sympathetic character, instead of a hateful bitch, which helps the the audience not hate her.

Unfortunately, they've done an equally good job in making me hate Vaughn. I suppose it's because they've spent so much dialogue time on Lauren and almost none on Vaughn - we have a pretty good idea on where she's coming from, how she feels about Syd, etc., but we still don't know anything about Vaughn. He looked for Syd awhile, then got over it, and is happy with his decision. That's it? Whatever.

Oh, and IMO,
Spoiler:
Weiss is so obviously a baddie
. They even said something like, gee, we still have no idea how Vaughn got caught in the first place? Um, I do.
Old 10-27-03, 12:20 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Oh my God Marshall's high school hair!

That was the funniest thing I've seen in awhile. They've gotta put him in the field more often. I am kinda surprised Syd didn't bop him upside the head for that little butt smack he did.

Loved SpyDaddy busting a cap in Simon's a$$. This is what happens when you talk smack about Syd. It would be nice if Jack would do the same thing to Sloan.

Speaking of Sloan, man I was just waiting for him to lose that arm but it didn't happen. Djimon you should have done it - they coudl have put it back on like the thumb in season one but I just wanted to see Sloan tortured just a bit.

Dixon so has to go into the field sooner or later. He's turning into a totally useless character which is not good.

Vaughn's dream was a nice touch. At first I wasn't sure who was dreaming but I guess it doesn't matter.
Old 10-27-03, 12:53 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by buskerdog
It was a fine episode but a lot of the season1 magic is gone and having commercials every frickin' 6 minutes is killing the show. There's no momentum!
that was only twice. (and they always do that)
Old 10-27-03, 12:58 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

The thing that bugs me is that Jennifer Garner always looks as if she is about to cry. Even in scenes where nothing sad happens, she looks as if she is about to bawl her eyes out.
Old 10-27-03, 01:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by resinrats
The thing that bugs me is that Jennifer Garner always looks as if she is about to cry. Even in scenes where nothing sad happens, she looks as if she is about to bawl her eyes out.
I agree with that as well. I can only take so much of the "poor pitiful me" look before it gets annoying.
Kind of ticked me off that they shot
Spoiler:
Justin Theroux
, he could have been a great bad guy had they chosen to keep him around IMO. He was stealing every scene in which he acted.
Also, anyone else get the vibe that Lauren wants to make lesbian love to Sydney? I hopes so.
Old 10-27-03, 09:48 PM
DVD Talk Hero

well i just got caught up on all of Alias in a month long marathon. good show

season 3 seems to be off a little. first off, why doesn't sydney try to find out what happened. it seems every episode she finds out something more. she should have asked from the beginning. Also, one of the good parts of the show was the side stories they always had with sydney, will, and francie. now all of that is gone. i dont see why sydney wouldn't try to make contact with will.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.