Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Angel 10/22/03

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-03, 06:17 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Angel 10/22/03

I certainly hope future episodes have the gang leaving the building a bit more often. Angel should be out on the streets fighting bad-guys and we haven't had very much of that at all.

As much as I like Spike, I hope the focus moves away from him shortly. It seems the rest of the gang is just there to help him return to normal right now.

What happened to Harmony?
Old 10-23-03, 07:21 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Naked Spike
Old 10-23-03, 07:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I liked last nights episode but as good as it was I find myself missing Cordelia. Not the evil version from last year but Cordy from seasons 1-3.
Old 10-23-03, 08:27 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
I like the Spike story, but it would be nice if they wrap it up soon so that they don't spend all of the season dealing w/ the issue. The best part of the show was when Angel and Spike were sitting on the couch discussing their likes and dislikes of each other.
Old 10-23-03, 09:13 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Man, this show is so visually dark, it getting to be a chore to watch it.

There's no juice to this show, no real edge to it, it's like the life of it has been sucked out of it. Can't quite put my finger on it, but not quite doing it for me this season. Wesley has so little to do, and Gunn is being wasted as well.

At least Spike can now move objects around with some effort on his part.
Old 10-23-03, 09:15 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I was hoping this episode would get rid of the "Ghost Spike" finally but I was pissed that they copped-out at the end.

Please, just make him corpororeal and get on with him and Angel out kicking ass together. I want to see those guys fight on the same side. That would be an exciting show.
Old 10-23-03, 09:26 AM

Originally posted by Patman
Man, this show is so visually dark, it getting to be a chore to watch it.

There's no juice to this show, no real edge to it, it's like the life of it has been sucked out of it. Can't quite put my finger on it, but not quite doing it for me this season.

Like I said no Cordelia, ever since this show started she has been the light that helped this show through the dark areas and give it direction at times when it needed it. But without her there now and no one to really take her place it is kind of just dragging along bumping into things.
Old 10-23-03, 09:43 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I was kind of disappointed by the ending of the Spike bobbing in and out of reality storyline since I was thinking that the story would/should end in something where Spike has the opportunity to become human again. (Of course, maybe those prophecies are actually talking about Spike)

Anyway, still an interesting episode. And I'm surprised that no one has said it yet.

Fred in the shower
Old 10-23-03, 10:00 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 445 Likes on 312 Posts
Oy! Blimey! Wanker! Ponce! Bullocks! Sod! Bloody 'ell! Crumpet! Scone! Colour!
Old 10-23-03, 10:16 AM
Needs to provide a working email

So, where's Harmony been for the last couple of episodes? Since she's supposed to be Angel's secretary, you'd think they would have her pop in at least for a moment.
Old 10-23-03, 10:21 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts
Originally posted by Patman
. There's no juice to this show, no real edge to it, it's like the life of it has been sucked out of it. Can't quite put my finger on it, but not quite doing it for me this season. Wesley has so little to do, and Gunn is being wasted as well.
I agree.

I think having them join Wolfram and Hart was a good idea in theory, it just hasn't been that worked out.

Wesley has become useless and as group they're hardly together as opposed to the hotel where they were together all the time.

I wish they would just get the Spike as a ghost story over.
Spoiler:
Unfortunently I think we still have 4 or 5 episodes to go before that happens.
Old 10-23-03, 10:22 AM
Banned

Im so sick of Cordelia, I dont miss her one bit. Spike has brought new life into the show. Audiences agree, Angel's TV ratings are up some 20% since last year.

Overall, each individual episode is better.. Sure there doesnt seem to be some huge story arc like last year, but that got boring after a while. Keeping it fresh is the way to go.
Old 10-23-03, 10:36 AM

It was an okay episode but I was also hoping for a resolution to the Ghost Spike storyline. One question: Why did Spike have no trouble sitting on the couch with Angel when he falls right through every other piece of furniture? And when he fell through the lab floor, why did the basement floor break his fall? Shouldn't he have kept on going?

Maybe I'm being too picky.
Old 10-23-03, 12:11 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
I just wish they would start getting Wesley a little more involved in the story - his character was so great last year and now he is just a background piece that's hardly used.
Old 10-23-03, 12:31 PM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I think with this setting they may have to start doing a subplot or two to keep the other characters busy when they don't fit into the central story. Couldn't Wesley and Gunn work on a side case while Angel, Spike and Fred work on the main one? (Just an example.) It wouldn't have worked in the old format as well, but here it would be similar to something like The Practice or The Soproanos (where multiple characters have different story arcs in one episode) and would fit with the big law firm setting.
Old 10-23-03, 01:17 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I think the episode was fine. You guys need to have some patience. You just KNOW that Joss Whedon is planning something big and it's all building towards it. Spike won't stay non-corporeal forever, but the timing's not quite right yet for him to comeback completely.

Loved this scene:
Freddy: "He's slipping into hell."
[dramatic cymbal roll]
Gunn:"Kinda figured..."
Wesley:"...of course..."
Gunn:"...where else would he go?"
Old 10-23-03, 02:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 487 Likes on 286 Posts
Originally posted by hahn
I think the episode was fine. You guys need to have some patience. You just KNOW that Joss Whedon is planning something big and it's all building towards it. Spike won't stay non-corporeal forever, but the timing's not quite right yet for him to comeback completely.
This may have been true in the past, but people question Whedon's immortality after all that was promised in seasons 6&7 of Buffy.
Old 10-23-03, 04:37 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by spainlinx0
This may have been true in the past, but people question Whedon's immortality after all that was promised in seasons 6&7 of Buffy.
I liked seasons 6&7. It may not have been as great as a few of the previous seasons but that's asking a bit much. Even at its worst 6&7 were better than 90% of the shows out there. I anticipated every week's episode - I can only say that about 4 other shows: 24, Alias, Angel, and Everwood.
Old 10-23-03, 04:59 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 72 Likes on 53 Posts
I fell asleep during the episode. my wife had to tell me how it ended. I would never get around to watching it off the DVR. i am also bored of ghost spike.
Old 10-23-03, 05:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

After tuning in religiously to seasons 3 and 4 I keep forgetting to watch this one. I've only caught the second episode and the last five minutes of yesterday's episode. It's irritating me.
Old 10-23-03, 06:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Season 6 of Buffy is an acquired taste. I loved Season 6, thinking it was the best season of the show behind Season 3. I enjoyed the show's new dark tone, and I was hoping they'd continue it to Season 7. Now Season 7 of Buffy, was just a failure. Granted, better than most television, but nothing happened. Fantastic season premiere, but nothing happened during the next 17 episodes. Things then picked up, but it was too late.

With every Whedon season, you have to realize it takes a bit for the show to get into it's groove. Just look at Season 2 or 5 of Buffy.

The problem I'm having with this season of Angel is the same I started to have with Season 6 of Buffy. I wan't Spike to become corpororeal, similar to how I wanted Buffy to stop bitching about how she was dead and start kicking ass again. It took a few episodes for Buffy, but the payoff I thought was worth it.

Next week's episode of Angel looks a lot better and hopefully the episodes this season start to pick up the pace.
Old 10-23-03, 09:46 PM

Better than last weeks, but i was hoping for more than I got.

I thought they were setting up something interesting in the begining, but it turned out rather dissapointingly. I'd also like to see the end of the ghost spike story-line.

The very end of the episode was very cool tho, i gotta give it that.
Old 10-24-03, 03:26 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by mlemmond
Like I said no Cordelia, ever since this show started she has been the light that helped this show through the dark areas and give it direction at times when it needed it. But without her there now and no one to really take her place it is kind of just dragging along bumping into things.
I agree. As much as I enjoyed Spike on Buffy, I fear his addition to this show might just kill it.......and if it doesn't, then Cordelia's absence might do it.
Old 10-24-03, 07:21 AM
DVD Talk Legend

more fred in the shower, dammit.
Old 10-24-03, 07:39 AM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Spike ruined buffy for me the last couple of years now he is well on the way to ruining angel. does he have pictures of joss whedon in a compromising position or what? when joss got angel involved with cordelia and buffy involved with spike he lost me. I think joss has lost it period and this show should be retired. wesley is the best character on the show and he has nothing to do. Joss whedon was a great writer and now all his ideas are terrible. and destroy characters. I loved cordelia when the show first started eveen the first couple of years of angel but then joss destroyed her character.
cancel angel it would be for the best.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.