Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Miss Match 10/17/03

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-03, 11:42 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Miss Match 10/17/03

Another fluffy episode, but we finally get Kate's ex-boyfriend out of the picture.

Eddie Kay Thomas makes an appearance, and he's the lucky guy who goes on a date with Victoria.

Kate's lawyer boy who sweeps the girl who proposes the "set up my boyfriend with dates so he can get the dating thing out of his system" was actually a more likable person as the season rolls on. The girl was sort of cute as well.

The actual law case was dull.
Old 10-18-03, 01:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It was a dissapointing episode for me. I didn't particularly like EKT or his girlfriend (although she was very hot). I really don't like the lawyer boy, nor do I like her ex (don't think that we are supposed to anyway). The only character that I do like is Alicia Silverstone's...
Old 10-18-03, 04:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Miss Match 10/17/03

Originally posted by Patman
Eddie Kay Thomas makes an appearance, and he's the lucky guy who goes on a date with Victoria.
I loved his line: "Wait, am I being punk'd?!?"

I am still enjoying this show-- it is light & fluffy and the perfect antidote to a long week of heavy dramas and crime shows.

I see next week they are airing two back-to-back episodes. Is this good (trying to promote the show) or bad (burning off episodes before it goes bye-bye)?

I still they think they ought to try switching this show with The Lyon's Den on Sunday nights. The Lyon's Den is also struggling and might do better on a night where it isn't opposite another legal drama. Miss Match would probably fare better on a non-weekend night and where it is the only light show at 10pm.
Old 10-19-03, 08:23 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 144 Likes on 99 Posts
I liked the episode but it wasn't quite as good as the previous offereings. The case was a tad odd though I like the actor who played the suit happy husband. The resolution seemed a bit forced. It was nice to see the lawyer get get decked but his character is starting to grow on me.

Hopefully the back to back episodes next week does not signal the death of the show but who knows with NBC.
Old 10-19-03, 09:35 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Madison, WI ("77 square miles surrounded by reality")
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by lisadoris
I liked the episode but it wasn't quite as good as the previous offereings. The case was a tad odd though I like the actor who played the suit happy husband. The resolution seemed a bit forced. It was nice to see the lawyer get get decked but his character is starting to grow on me.

Hopefully the back to back episodes next week does not signal the death of the show but who knows with NBC.
I suspect they are getting in two episodes and then they'll pull it for sweeps month.
Old 10-19-03, 10:33 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
...where it'll be Law & Order XYZ 24/7 on NBC...
Old 10-20-03, 10:51 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
the wife and i are really enjoying this show.. i really hope they don't pull it...
Old 10-20-03, 11:47 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
It was the first time and last time I'll ever seen this show.