TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Dragnet 10/11/03

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-03, 08:37 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Dragnet 10/11/03

10/11/03 Episode 2.2

They really need to do a better job of introducing cop characters on the show because people just show up and then we get tidbits about them, but it's a little annoying.

So Roselyn Sanchez gets transferred to Joe's department/unit. Does she replace the other latina officer from the first episode of this season?

The case itself was more useful as a litmus test for Sanchez's character, than being all that interesting. Joe is still the man with the insights and instincts.
Old 10-13-03, 10:19 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I almost forgot about this on Saturday.

In fact, I missed the first half hour.

After all the hype for the season premiere, I didn't expect Rosalyn to be in this ep. But, there she was..

The half hour I saw was pretty good. Lemme get it outta the way -- Rosalyn is .

O'Neil was pretty good. Though, I still don't like that white guy's method of interrogating. He lowers his voice and tries to look like a brooding prettyboy.

And, i'm pretty sure they didn't get rid of the other latin chick. [at least i'm hoping they didn't]
Old 10-13-03, 10:24 AM
DVD Talk Hero

All I was thinking when I was staring at Roselyn in HDTV: There's no way women this hot work in law enforcement...

Does anyone else think that ABC HDTV color is "off", as in too red-blue?
Old 10-13-03, 10:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I really didn't like this episode, and thought that it was the worst one of the series so far, including last season. I agree that they need to introduce the characters better than they have...
Old 10-13-03, 03:14 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Location: The Quad-city area of Melonville, Meckling, the Boro of Melon, and Party Town
Thought the weakest part of the ep was expecting the viewer to actually believe that Joe didn't understand Spanish. Given the character, given the city, given the times, it was just silly......
Old 10-13-03, 03:51 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Actually, I think Joe just wanted to see the character of the new latina cop, and whether she could make the right choice as far as her duties were concerned.
Old 10-13-03, 07:38 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Location: The Quad-city area of Melonville, Meckling, the Boro of Melon, and Party Town
Originally posted by Patman
Does anyone else think that ABC HDTV color is "off", as in too red-blue?
Just surfed thru Threat Matrix and it looked the exact same way. Almost as if they are trying to force a 'natural sunlight' look on the show........
Old 10-14-03, 08:52 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 616 Likes on 495 Posts
I really liked this episode. I love Ed O'Neill as Joe Friday. I hope ABC is patient with this. That Puerto Rican cop esta muy caliente.

BTW, the 2 latin cops were both in the opening credits so they did not get rid of the other one. Guess they can only use so many of the characters on one case each episode.