Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Jennifer Garner on the Late Show tonight!

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-03, 08:11 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just a reminder for anyone here who might want to see her with Dave. I'm a new fan of her show and I don't believe that I've ever seen her on a talk show. I look forward to tonight.
Old 09-25-03, 08:12 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks for the tip. I'll tune in to see what she has to say.
Old 09-25-03, 11:35 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

sweeeeet Jeeeeeeeezus

Happily the show is delayed 30 minutes here for a HS football recap show, so I got to see it all.
Old 09-25-03, 11:58 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
H.
O.
T.

and i'm followed with a Diane Lane chaser on Conan...
Old 09-26-03, 12:27 AM
nny
DVD Talk Special Edition

Tonight Jimmy Kimmel ran a very pleasing promo of Garner 2 or 3 times. She's going to be on his show tomorrow.
Old 09-26-03, 12:55 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

She hasn't come out yet, damned Secretary of State.

Does anyone know if the Late Show can just "flip" their Thursday and Friday shows in any order?

It hurts my head trying to figure it out.

But forever they did viewer mail on Fridays and for the summer they did it on Thursdays. But I could never figure why the switch when the shows were taped on the same day anyway.

But tonight they went back into the audience on Thursday and Monty was dressed as Peter Pan, which is the outfit she'll be wearing for the viewer mail segment.

So, do they just put on whichever show they want on Thursday, does it matter, can you tell? Oh man just bring Jennifer out.

PS-Wonderful, 30 minutes of government crap and 5 minutes of Jennifer and no time at all about Alias. She's kind of goofy. I don't think I'd ever seen her interviewed and she seemed more like 21 than 31. But she looked and smelled nice.

Last edited by dolphinboy; 09-26-03 at 01:37 AM.
Old 09-26-03, 05:22 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I think that she is supposed to be on Regis & Kelly this morning...
Old 09-26-03, 07:07 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I just caught her interview with Diane Sawyer on Good Morning America. She was looking mighty radiant for such an early call.
Old 09-26-03, 08:42 AM

She's hot as all hell - but, from the few times I've seen her during an interview, she's quite the ditz.
Old 09-26-03, 09:02 AM

I saw her when she was still married on both Kimmel and Leno, and she seemed like a normal person, not much of a ditz.
Old 09-26-03, 09:11 AM
DVD Talk Hero

The first few times I saw her, she came off as a complete ditz, but the more I see her, the more I think she just gets nervous or over-anxious. Her timing is off, but if you listen to what she says, she makes some pretty funny jokes and slips in an intelligent comment here and there. It's hard to catch with all her giggling and vocal wavering, but it's there. Mabye I'm taking this too far, but don't the studios get pretty cold? Cold + nervous isn't a good combination. Her voice and posture look like she's trying to hold back that she's shivering or something.

das
Old 09-26-03, 09:19 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I think it's cool that she still has that "wide-eye" expression for stuff that's going on in her life. She definitely doesn't look like she's soured on celebrity, like many other rising stars.
Old 09-26-03, 10:46 AM

It's too bad they didn't have a lot of time with Jennifer Garner in the Late Show because the other dude took up all the time. But at least I get to see her again. She's just so pretty especially when she smile with her dimple.
Old 09-26-03, 10:59 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Originally posted by futbol
She's hot as all hell - but, from the few times I've seen her during an interview, she's quite the ditz.
"ditz"?

them's fightin' words, my friend. that's my woman you talkin' 'bout...
Old 09-26-03, 11:06 AM

I just went to their website hoping for a clip, and all I got was Colin Powell
Old 09-26-03, 11:12 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by dolphinboy
But forever they did viewer mail on Fridays and for the summer they did it on Thursdays. But I could never figure why the switch when the shows were taped on the same day anyway.
CBS Mailbag is on Fridays. I believe the times during the summer when it was switched to Thursday conincide with the Fridays he was replaced with a guest host.
Old 09-26-03, 12:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I saw her. She cleans up real well. I also saw her boyfriend Michael Vartan on Kilborn.

Speaking of late night talk shows, I absolutely love how she totally jumped on Conan for being a Harvard grad and using the word "snuck" because she thought it wasn't an actual word....and later Conan busted out a dictionary and knocked her off her high horse.

Old 09-26-03, 02:12 PM
nny
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by immortal_zeus
Speaking of late night talk shows, I absolutely love how she totally jumped on Conan for being a Harvard grad and using the word "snuck" because she thought it wasn't an actual word....and later Conan busted out a dictionary and knocked her off her high horse.
Hehe, I loved a couple months ago when everybody made fun of Fred Durst for using a word that nobody thought was real. Then he went on Tom Green and they looked up the word and it's in the dictionary.

Also, I've never thought Garner seemed ditsy. One talk show guest who has bothered me in the last couple years is Lauren Graham. She's obviously really funny, but when she's on talk shows she seems to try too hard to be funny and her timing seems off. She might just be really nervous. I still really like her appearances, but I don't think anybody would tune into the Gilmore Girls because of seeing her on a talk show.
Old 09-26-03, 02:44 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
anybody save it on tivo or replay tv and can post a pic?
Old 09-26-03, 03:01 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by leepyswetr
CBS Mailbag is on Fridays. I believe the times during the summer when it was switched to Thursday conincide with the Fridays he was replaced with a guest host.
NOPE. That's not correct, sir.
Old 09-26-03, 03:29 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
I think they switched the Thurs/Fri. show just because Garner will be appearing on Kimmel tonight.
Old 09-26-03, 03:33 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by outcastja
I think they switched the Thurs/Fri. show just because Garner will be appearing on Kimmel tonight.
please tell me that conan is next, missed last nights letterman show, and am not a big fan of Kimmel.
Old 09-26-03, 03:44 PM

Originally posted by Meatpants
I saw her when she was still married on both Kimmel and Leno, and she seemed like a normal person, not much of a ditz.
I agree with you. I've seen her many times and she is definitely not ditzy. She seems like a relatively happy person and she smiles a lot (man, those smiles can melt anything!), but that doesn't make her a ditz.
Old 09-26-03, 04:18 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by futbol
I sadly have to defend that & don't know what you were watching. She is extremely intelligent. She speaks I think 3-4 different languages, & has a reputation of being extremely easy & popular to work with b/c she picks up things (dialogue, phrases in other languages etc.) with almost a photographic ability much like her character in Alias. And yes, I'm deeply in love with her so how dare you insult my future wife
Old 09-26-03, 04:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 271 Likes on 170 Posts
Originally posted by nny
Hehe, I loved a couple months ago when everybody made fun of Fred Durst for using a word that nobody thought was real. Then he went on Tom Green and they looked up the word and it's in the dictionary.
agreeance

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.