DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Survivor 7: 9/25/03 (SPOILERS) (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/320122-survivor-7-9-25-03-spoilers.html)

Jlbkwrm 09-26-03 04:00 AM

Re: Survivor 7: 9/25/03 (SPOILERS)

Originally posted by Patman
Sandra was acting like a beeyotch when she was taking the tarp.
I was impressed at her restraint. She went into the whole situation fairly friendly. I thought Morgan was being pointlessly antagonistic, and she just got irritated. The tarp was coming down no matter what, and she initially tried to get them to help her. It seemed like she really didn't want to tear their cover to shreds if she didn't have to. When they made it clear they were going to be as bratty and uncoopoerative as possible, she got frustrated and snippy. Managed not to ask them the one question I had--What the hell is wrong with those people?

I'm really starting to wonder if anyone at Morgan has ever seen the show before--There's no point in intentionally pissing the other team off if you don't have to, since you're going to have to work together post-merger. Nobody even tried to offer Sandra useful items to take instead of the tarp (Not that they had much, but they could have tried), deciding instead to sit around and pout.

Rupert is still, IMO, an extremely clever player. Not only has he taken up the role of provider, he managed to handle the whole spear controversy fairly well. He vented, he tried to fix the problem, it was over. The kid who lost it probably feels like an ass, but the rest of the team is going to see Rupert as a good, reliable guy to have around.

movieking 09-26-03 05:17 AM

I liked this episode. I would love to see some of the troubled kids that Rupert has councilled to see their anger management techniques.

I thought that the best thing to do with Sandra would have been to help her in order to get her out quicker. This would have saved time and helped them be able to build another shelter (if they had planned to do it). They just acted like children. With the situation in reverse, I think that Drake would have handled it better...

Struz 09-26-03 07:36 AM

Good show.

Morgan is the worst tribe in 7 Survivor shows. (I've seen every episode)

They have no treamwork, no desire, no leader (Andrew isn't doing anything), no plan...
All they do is loose.

Why don't we hear or see anything about Ryan O or Darrah.
Even Jeff hasn't talked to them at tribal council.

I would have voted Osten off. What a wuss !
"I don't have any clothes and I'm going to catch pneumonia."
3 days and he wants to quit !

Why do people like him and Ryan S. take spots of people who really should be on Survivor ?
What did Osten expect it to be like living on an island ?
Why does a 85 pound skeleton think that he's going to be able to do anything that involves using your muscles ?
Good thing Ryan got the boot, could you imagine what he would have looked like after 39 days ? :eek:

Drake tribe looks solid.
They're eating a lot of fish and seem to be getting along pretty well so far.

I thought Rupert was a little too hard on Shawn for loosing the spear head. It was an accident. He was trying to find food for the tribe. Rupert doesn't own the spear, it's the tribe's.

Was Trish, Michelle, Burton and Christa there last night ?
I saw Christa swimming for 2 seconds and that was it for the 4 of them.
I haven't heard Michelle talk yet.

Good challenges but I would have liked to see them get some food or clothing for winning the reward challenge instead of a third of a map.

DAC 09-26-03 08:03 AM

Originally posted by Struz
Good show.

Morgan is the worst tribe in 7 Survivor shows. (I've seen every episode)

They have no treamwork, no desire, no leader (Andrew isn't doing anything), no plan...
All they do is loose.

Why don't we hear or see anything about Ryan O or Darrah.
Even Jeff hasn't talked to them at tribal council.

I would have voted Osten off. What a wuss !
"I don't have any clothes and I'm going to catch pneumonia."
3 days and he wants to quit !

Why do people like him and Ryan S. take spots of people who really should be on Survivor ?
What did Osten expect it to be like living on an island ?
Why does a 85 pound skeleton think that he's going to be able to do anything that involves using your muscles ?
Good thing Ryan got the boot, could you imagine what he would have looked like after 39 days ? :eek:

Drake tribe looks solid.
They're eating a lot of fish and seem to be getting along pretty well so far.

I thought Rupert was a little too hard on Shawn for loosing the spear head. It was an accident. He was trying to find food for the tribe. Rupert doesn't own the spear, it's the tribe's.

Was Trish, Michelle, Burton and Christa there last night ?
I saw Christa swimming for 2 seconds and that was it for the 4 of them.
I haven't heard Michelle talk yet.

Good challenges but I would have liked to see them get some food or clothing for winning the reward challenge instead of a third of a map.

I agree with all but comment that Rupert was too hard on Shawn. Rupert explained to Shawn before he went out that hte spear was loose and that he needed to make sure every time that it was tightened. Then Shawn lost it and didn't even know where he lost it at. Rupert found it by swimming in a pattern while Shawn lost it and should have been right on top of it couldn't find it.

vaporware 09-26-03 08:13 AM

Shawn lost the spearhead because he was dragging it along the bottom while he was swimming. He lied to Rupert, he never actually fired it off at anything.

Boot 09-26-03 08:14 AM

I thought Rupert's handling of the situation was perfect. Shawn said "It was an accident," and Rupert said something like "Can't I be angry?" and grabbed his arm. To me, his gesture said "let me be angry and vent for a moment and then we'll deal with the situation" instead of "I blame you and will hold a grudge forever" like many people would do. Then, after he found the spear head, Rupert said "WE found it." That is exactly the way to take a solid leadership role in a group.

And yes, Osten is a big ol' wuss. Sheesh.

Kromax 09-26-03 08:18 AM

Originally posted by Boot
Then, after he found the spear head, Rupert said "WE found it." That is exactly the way to take a solid leadership role in a group.

I caught that too. I have to say that Rupert is one of the "coolest" Survivors ever. He's a friggin cartoon character.

cdollaz 09-26-03 08:26 AM

I thought Sandra was great. "Sleep tight, don't let the bedbugs bite." Way to slam them as you are walking away with their tarp. HAHAHAHA

briank 09-26-03 08:49 AM

So EVERY reward challenge the winner gets to take another item from the other tribe?

I imagine Morgan will win atleast one at some point?
Do they take the tarp back, or do they take the spear and then lose it!?

Kind of funny they went for a water jug and found that they don't have any! They use "buckets".

Now that they know the deal about the reward challenges can they "hide" their good items at camp?

BDLOU 09-26-03 09:20 AM

You guys are nuts. Drake is the one that went in and pissed off Morgan by taking their tarp. They shouldn't have taken anything. They asked the biggest bitch of their group to go over and take something and she pissed Morgan off. I wouldn't do that cause that will just come back to haunt them. I would have taken something small and show them some pity. You know that they are going to make the next few immunity's more on brains so Morgan can win. I see a HUGE hatred between groups here. There is usually some dislike between the tribes but this is beyond that. This is going to be a good year IMHO.

taa455 09-26-03 09:30 AM

Originally posted by BDLOU
You guys are nuts. Drake is the one that went in and pissed off Morgan by taking their tarp. They shouldn't have taken anything. They asked the biggest bitch of their group to go over and take something and she pissed Morgan off. I wouldn't do that cause that will just come back to haunt them. I would have taken something small and show them some pity.
I agree. Like Probst said at the immunity challenge, "Payback can be painful."

You know that they are going to make the next few immunity's more on brains so Morgan can win.
The only problem is Drake seems to be smarter than Morgan as well as stronger.

Patman 09-26-03 09:56 AM

They should have taken Osten's shorts. :)

Struz 09-26-03 10:25 AM

Originally posted by Patman
They should have taken Osten's shorts. :)
No, please anything but that !
I'm sick of him and his underwear.

Too bad Nicole wasn't around they could have taken her dress.
:jawdrop:

Patman 09-26-03 10:33 AM

But think of the pnuemonia Osten could have contracted!

Jackskeleton 09-26-03 10:44 AM

You know that they are going to make the next few immunity's more on brains so Morgan can win.
hate to be the one to break it to you, but Morgan tribe doesn't seem to have any advantage when it comes to brains. they are losing sleep at night because of the crappy conditions and that is just going to throw them off worse and worse. the lack of good food is also going to bring them down.

the group had a chance to steal an item. simple as that. when it seemed like things where hidden or never existed then she had no choice but to take either the lamp or the tarp. she took it, they acted all snotty about it and got what they deserved. :P

SunMonkey 09-26-03 10:59 AM

Originally posted by waporvare
Shawn lost the spearhead because he was dragging it along the bottom while he was swimming. He lied to Rupert, he never actually fired it off at anything.
That's the way I saw it. Or course, the editiing is always suspect with Survivor.

BDLOU 09-26-03 11:33 AM

I agree that Morgan is not any smarter than Drake but Morgan has a much better shot of beating Drake at those type challenges rather than the physical ones. Often times the mental ones come down to a lucky guess. They also come down to everyone contributing and Morgan has removed 2 people where Drake still has very weak links.

I don't think Morgan acted snotty at all. They didn't say a word. Would you help someone taking away an item from your tribe??? Sandra was the snotty one. She had an attitude that she was superior. It would have taken a lot for me to not say anything to her. She could have been nice and either take something insignificant or atleast be very nice about it. I can't wait to see Drake at Tribal Council.

Jackskeleton 09-26-03 11:50 AM

Morgans reason for losing was because of the weakest link. ryan. without him they should be a fair contender for the next challange if the spirits are still in them to be one.

cdollaz 09-26-03 11:57 AM

You guys are nuts. Drake is the one that went in and pissed off Morgan by taking their tarp. They shouldn't have taken anything. They asked the biggest bitch of their group to go over and take something and she pissed Morgan off. I wouldn't do that cause that will just come back to haunt them.
So...they can take their tarp back. How is that going to haunt them.

taa455 09-26-03 12:24 PM

Originally posted by cdollaz
So...they can take their tarp back. How is that going to haunt them.
If you want to hurt Drake, take the fishing spear.

Patman 09-26-03 12:31 PM

Lillian is still the next to go from Morgan.

balancer 09-26-03 12:41 PM

I kinda thought that the teams were matched up unevenly since the beginning, but maybe that's cause Morgan just seem like a bunch of morons... also, you can't "show pity" regarding the tarp, there's a million bucks at stake, and they would have done the same

SunMonkey 09-26-03 02:16 PM

I don't think Morgan acted snotty at all. They didn't say a word. Would you help someone taking away an item from your tribe??? Sandra was the snotty one. She had an attitude that she was superior. It would have taken a lot for me to not say anything to her. She could have been nice and either take something insignificant or atleast be very nice about it.
You and I must have watched two different shows....

BlackCapTen 09-26-03 02:26 PM

Originally posted by SunMonkey
Yeah, Morgan definitely mouthed off a bit.

BenCJedi 09-26-03 02:39 PM

Originally posted by SunMonkey
I was wondering the same thing. Heck, Sandra clearly said she was lying the palms down so they could easily errect their shelter after she removed the tarp. If she wanted to be a bitch she would have flung palm fronds every which way.