DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Help me get selected for Amazing Race 5 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/319552-help-me-get-selected-amazing-race-5-a.html)

DRG 09-23-03 07:23 PM

Your brother is extremely obsessive complulsive (a la Monk) who is also intensely germophobic. He's afraid to go to 'dirty' countries because they're disease-ridden.

You are a paranoid xenophobe who is intolerant and afraid of foreigners. You think anyone who doesn't speak English is a terrorist.

Your reasons for signing up:
Your brother wants to use the prize money to build a isolated contagion-free home with state-of-the-art air and water filtration systems and germ/disease-detection sensors.
You want to get experience to put in your resume, as you will be applying for a CIA job, as you hope to someday become an intelligence officer to "finally bring those damn foreign sons-a-bitches down once and for all".

pezboy 09-23-03 07:34 PM

Two great gimmicks for a video I'd love to do:

1) Have it filmed exclusively in airports, cabs, trains and in the driver and back seats of cars. You can do the whole, "I'm doing research" bit.

2) Pretend you're making a video for other reailty shows. Start doing videos for Survivor, Project Greenlight, The Bachelor, Boy Meets Boy, etc... Along the way you can add digs at those shows. Maybe it's funnier in my head...

bralph 09-24-03 08:06 AM

Originally posted by pezboy
Two great gimmicks for a video I'd love to do:

1) Have it filmed exclusively in airports, cabs, trains and in the driver and back seats of cars. You can do the whole, "I'm doing research" bit.

2) Pretend you're making a video for other reailty shows. Start doing videos for Survivor, Project Greenlight, The Bachelor, Boy Meets Boy, etc... Along the way you can add digs at those shows. Maybe it's funnier in my head...

Your idea #1 is exactly what I was thinking of doing. Of course, we still need the "hook" everyone is referring to. We are creative guys, we'll come up with something...

What about poking fun at that too? Like starting off saying we are twins in love, then change to NYC pimps then to Girls Gone Wild movie producers, etc, etc... Or is that too much poking fun at the show?

DaveNinja 09-24-03 11:22 AM

Have a boxing match between you're brother and you, make it look like you are both really competative and cant stant not being the leader/decision-maker.

-daveninja

Groucho 09-24-03 11:29 AM

Originally posted by pezboy
I bet more than half of the videos they get are of this variety.

What I can't wait to see is a show completely cast with DVDTalkers, each using one of the stories pitched in this thread. :lol: