The One and Only LAS VEGAS on NBC Discussion Thread

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The One and Only LAS VEGAS on NBC Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-04, 09:43 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally, it was Depeche Mode's "Personal Jesus".

That version, I have NO idea.

Hopefully it wasn't Korn...
Old 09-13-04, 09:56 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
i believe it was korn's word up.... i so missed this show, really looking foward to the rest of the episodes
Old 09-13-04, 10:01 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 198 Likes on 163 Posts
Danny's return was a little over-dramatic.

But what a nice cast of women to look at.

It's good to see the DeLuise brothers are still finding work.
Old 09-13-04, 10:04 PM

Originally posted by Rogue588
Originally, it was Depeche Mode's "Personal Jesus".

That version, I have NO idea.

Hopefully it wasn't Korn...
Marilyn Manson.

I only caught about ten minutes, but jeez, Danny sure flipped out. So overdramatic.

Last edited by beefjerky; 09-13-04 at 10:06 PM.
Old 09-13-04, 10:05 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 282 Likes on 215 Posts
How I've missed Nikki Cox's breasts these past couple of monthes. Good to see they were back in all their glory tonight.

I thought it was a good episode.

The Danny stuff was a little strong, but better then some of the stuff they were coming up with the second half of last season

Last edited by MrX; 09-13-04 at 10:23 PM.
Old 09-13-04, 10:20 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by MrX
How I've missed Nikki Cox's breasts these past couple of monthes. Good to see they were back in all their glory tonight.
Speaking of....is she still married to Bobcat? Mind-boggling.
Old 09-14-04, 04:18 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I was hoping for a battle scene before Danny came home It didn't have to be big budget explosions and shit (though that would've been nice) he could've been doing covert CIA-type missions or something. Instead he comes home early a nutbag. It's too bad that after such a surprisingly excellent season finale that they just sank right back to mediocrity in one episode.
Old 09-14-04, 05:42 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
I thought danny would be left out of an episode or two so that they could focus on life without him and see how ed and mike are handling things by themselves.

Still a good episode. though over dramatic, it was still pretty good to see the reaction to that. I wonder how this will lead for the rest of the season. No more calm, cool and collection Danny?
Old 09-14-04, 06:42 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by aktick
What was the name of the song at the end? Sounded like REM, but what song? Thanks.
there was definitely an REM song in there.. i was wondering what it was myself... it was in between the other 2 songs people have mentioned.

decent ep. nothing great. eye candy. mmmm... i thought it was pretty weak that danny was completely tweaked and couldn't sleep, but after a 2-minute conversation, he went right to bed... meh..

on a side note, Comcast in my area didn't air the last 'segment' (after the last batch of commercials) in HD.. i was pretty pissed. did this happen to anyone else, or was it just in my area?
Old 09-14-04, 07:51 AM

Everyone thinks the portrayal of Danny was a little overdramatic, but does anyone here know what it feels like to come back from a combat mission where all of your friends and comrades were killed? I sure don't. But I imagine that if I had experienced what that character had, I would have been fucked up when I got back as well. Josh Duhamel did a fine job of portraying a battle fatigued and sleep deprived soldier in my opinion. I think we're going to see a new Danny in this season.
Old 09-14-04, 08:16 AM

Received 112 Likes on 91 Posts
Solid premiere last night. Good post Morf, because I liked Danny's storyline. Especially when he was in bad-ass mode

I agree that it is great to have the eye candy back. Sam, Mary and Nessa are looking better than ever, but Delinda just looks like a mannequin with all the botox she's shot up with (though a very hot mannequin at that).
Old 09-14-04, 08:46 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 638 Likes on 512 Posts
Damn - Nikki Cox looked great last night, particularly in the beginning in that white dress.

Good start to the season. Loved the music.
Old 09-14-04, 09:13 AM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Originally posted by Morf
Everyone thinks the portrayal of Danny was a little overdramatic, but does anyone here know what it feels like to come back from a combat mission where all of your friends and comrades were killed?

What does that have to do with any of this and why should it matter? (maybe you should ask that question of the writers as well?) Josh Duhamel could be playing the best portrayal of a vet coming back from war, but for an episode that had subplots about morticians partying, talk about sex in a coffin, lots of cleavage, and pretend dimwits trying to steal bank/credit card information, yes, Danny's plotline could seem rather overdramatic...esp. when you also take into account where it's all set with the gaudy flashing lights and decor of Vegas

With that said, I liked the episode and glad to be watching it again on my Mondays.
Old 09-14-04, 09:28 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by Geofferson

I am eagerly anticipating this guilty pleasure of mine.
I feel the same way.

I'm almost embarassed that I watch this show, but I'll be back next week.
Old 09-14-04, 10:05 AM

Originally posted by greydt
What does that have to do with any of this and why should it matter?
Excuse me for trying to put things in context. I guess I should be like you and turn my brain off when watching TV. There evidently isn't any need to think about anything other than boobs when watching this show.
Old 09-14-04, 10:29 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
mmmm....boobies!
Old 09-14-04, 11:19 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Excuse me for trying to put things in context. I guess I should be like you and turn my brain off when watching TV. There evidently isn't any need to think about anything other than boobs when watching this show.
I think you are missing the point that they did not find it over dramatic for the reason that he sucked at his acting, because he didn't. But that the storyline felt a little heavy given you have those two other very loose subplots in there.
Old 09-14-04, 11:24 AM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

We're talking about "Las Vegas" right?

I was trying to put things in context too (although I thought the "anyone here know what it feels like" was overdoing it), but if "Las Vegas" is your form of deep television then I apologize for hitting a sore spot. If anything, I enjoy "Las Vegas" because I don't have to deeply analyze the whole thing, but to each their own.
Old 09-14-04, 12:43 PM
Suspended

Originally posted by Red Dog
Damn - Nikki Cox looked great last night, particularly in the beginning in that white dress.
AMEN!
Old 09-15-04, 08:22 AM
Suspended; also need updated email

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
great premiere episode, Vanessa Marcil still steals the show! what a bum ! i want to , well i can use the word, i want to fuck her !

I liked the Danny story, also the microchip crew, was cool

great boobies
Old 09-15-04, 09:14 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by Original Desmond
great premiere episode, Vanessa Marcil still steals the show!
agreed. one of the hottest women i've ever seen. incredible smile to boot...
Old 09-15-04, 11:22 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 84 Likes on 65 Posts
Good ep, glad the boobs, er, SHOW is back.

So what was up with Delinda? She looked.....weird. Her face is different somehow. I was thinking she got some work done, but couldn't figure it out. Just botox? Nosejob? She definitely looks different.

X
Old 09-15-04, 12:12 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
i hate the straight hair. Just hate it.
Old 09-15-04, 12:12 PM
Suspended; also need updated email

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
i think Delinda (Molly Sims) has lost some weight which would be a shame since she was perfect before and we don't need another broomstick in the house
Old 09-15-04, 01:01 PM

Received 835 Likes on 546 Posts
I like how Ed really looks out for Danny.

It was touching.

And like on 'Rescue Me'... the chicks are holding their boobs again!

My wife and I caught the last two eps of last season, liked them, so this on our Season Pass too.

We're up to 15 Season Passes... whew!

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.