Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The O.C. - 09/16/03

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-03, 12:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 257 Likes on 181 Posts
Do people from "the O.C." refer to every city in acronyms?
Old 09-17-03, 01:08 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Josh Z
I don't know, I'm from L.A.!

Chris

Old 09-17-03, 01:11 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 618 Likes on 497 Posts
I always refer to Washington as D.C.
Old 09-17-03, 01:21 PM

Originally posted by Josh Z
Aren't people from Boston, B.S.?

Chris
Old 09-17-03, 03:52 PM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts
Originally posted by B.A.hist
Every scene w/ Adam Brody (Seth) is a great scene. He seems to have good chemistry w/ everybody and he can deliver a line better than most actors on tv today.
I agree - he's definitely my favorite character on the show.
Old 09-17-03, 05:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Red Dog
I loved the scene of Summer and Seth in the diner looking like a couple who has been married for 20+ years.
Oh yeah, I loved that scene. It was pretty hilarious.

Old 09-17-03, 05:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by balancer
I can see right when Seth is about to get with Summer, that blonde will come back from her sailing trip can cause more drama.
Oh yeah. I briefly forgot about her. You're probably right.

I also hope that if and when Seth and Summer hook up, that it doesn't happen until MUCH later.

Old 09-17-03, 05:50 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
Looking back at the dinner scene - that was definitely the best part of the show. It was pure and simple classic television at its best. It flowed perfectly and had me falling off of the couch.
Old 09-18-03, 10:30 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts
I agree, Seth is the one holding this show together--as well as the parents and their problems.

Personally, I hope
Spoiler:
Marissa does die--she's the weakest actor anyway--and they can get someone else in there who's interesting. This show has a lot of potential and it just needs stronger chemistry between the principal actors to keep itself on the air.
Old 09-18-03, 11:07 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

4 straight weeks with massive comic book references. I know I'm the only one excited about that. There was an article in the NR Post a couple of days ago about the actor that plays Seth. More than any character on the show, Seth is written completely based of how the actor is in real life. He is a huge comic book fan & wanted that portrayed in the show.

And like everyone else, I agree he is the best part. That line when Summer was complaining how he just got passed by a car full of nuns, & seth goes "They have the power of god on there side, you can't out drive that" or something like that, was the best line of the season.

I don't think Ryan looks like a Russel Crowe. He looks almost exactly like a teenage Jeremy Shockey.
Old 09-18-03, 03:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Sessa17

I don't think Ryan looks like a Russel Crowe. He looks almost exactly like a teenage Jeremy Shockey.
So Marissa's boyfriend must be gay. That must be why they're having so much conflict.

Old 09-18-03, 03:48 PM

Originally posted by immortal_zeus
So Marissa's boyfriend must be gay. That must be why they're having so much conflict.

Padder!

Chris
Old 09-18-03, 04:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by mrpayroll
Padder!

Chris
I'm not padding! He responded to my comment about Russell Crowe Jr. and I responded in kind. If you know who Jeremy Shockey is, you'd understand my reply.

Old 09-18-03, 04:38 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
I'm not padding! He responded to my comment about Russell Crowe Jr. and I responded in kind. If you know who Jeremy Shockey is, you'd understand my reply.

But you responded 3 times

SHadow
Old 09-18-03, 05:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Holy crap, I didn't even notice that. There must be a glitch in the Matrix. I'll delete two of the posts.

Old 09-18-03, 08:23 PM

Holy crap, I didn't even notice that. There must be a glitch in the Matrix. I'll delete two of the posts.

That's what I meant!

Chris
Old 09-19-03, 09:51 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

They show is decent, but honestly, who likes crust?

"I suffer from rage blackouts"
Old 09-19-03, 02:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 487 Likes on 286 Posts
Have to echo the sentiments of others, and agree that Seth and Summer are the best part of the show. I was rolling my eyes at that final scene as well.
Old 09-19-03, 07:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 257 Likes on 181 Posts
In a show like this, rolling your eyes is not necessarily unintentional.
Old 09-22-03, 01:56 PM

http://tv.zap2it.com/tveditorial/tv...3589|1|,00.html

FOX Reconsiders Moving 'The O.C.'
(Friday, September 19 11:11 AM)

LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) - The success of "The O.C." this summer is making FOX think twice about throwing it into one of television's toughest timeslots when it returns in late October.

As things stand, "The O.C." -- which ended a seven-week run on Tuesday nights this week -- is scheduled to move to 9 p.m. Thursdays starting Oct. 30. It's going on hiatus while FOX airs the major league baseball playoffs and World Series.

However, Peter Chernin, president and COO of News Corp., the network's parent, told attendees at a Banc of America conference Thursday (Sept. 18) that the network is reconsidering that strategy, Reuters reports.

"We're actually going through some debates right now," Chernin said. "We'll probably make that decision in the next week or so."
The network is wary of putting "The O.C.," which added viewers nearly every week of its summer run, up against CBS' "CSI," the top-rated show on television, and NBC's "Will & Grace," a Top 20 hit. Yet there are few obvious places where the show could land.

FOX's top-rated drama, "24," is scheduled to return to its 9 p.m. Tuesday spot -- where "The O.C." aired during the summer -- on Oct. 28. Another new drama, "Skin," won the 9 p.m. Monday spot, and the network shipped "Boston Public" to Fridays.

Chernin acknowledges that with NBC's hit "Friends" ending this season, FOX might be able to make inroads on Thursdays.

"We've got to attack Thursday," he says. "We think Thursday is wide open next year when 'Friends' goes off the air."

Chris
Old 09-29-03, 11:31 PM

Great News!

http://tv.zap2it.com/tveditorial/tv...3812|1|,00.html

LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) - One of the most competitive hours in primetime television just got even tougher.

In a shake-up of its post-World Series schedule, FOX announced Monday (Sept. 29) that it will move its summertime hit "The O.C." into the 9 p.m. ET Wednesday spot when it returns in late October. "The Bernie Mac Show" is clearing out of the timeslot and moving to Sunday nights.

The shuffle leaves "The Ortegas," a talk-show/sitcom hybrid that was reportedly being reworked after the pilot was shot, without a home for the time being. FOX, which paid a hefty price for picking the show up after NBC passed on it, says it will try to find a home for it later in the season.

"The O.C." built both its buzz and its ratings over the course of a seven-week summer run. It was originally scheduled to return Thursday, Oct. 30, opposite TV's top-rated show, CBS' "CSI," and NBC's "Will & Grace."
Instead, the show will come back a day earlier and face strong shows on all five other networks: ABC's "The Bachelor," CBS' "The King of Queens" and "Becker," NBC's "The West Wing," The WB's "Angel" and UPN's "Jake 2.0." "The Bachelor," "The West Wing" and "The King of Queens" all finished among the Nielsen Top 30 in total viewers last season.

FOX isn't necessarily expecting to climb to the top of that heap, however. It will look for success among the teenagers and young adults who helped the show grow during the summer. It's also likely to get a boost from "American Idol" when the talent contest returns in January.

"Bernie Mac" should slide easily into the 8:30 p.m. Sunday spot, where it will open Nov. 9. It will air between "The Simpsons" and "Malcolm in the Middle." "Cedric the Entertainer Presents," which was to have aired at 9:30 Wednesdays, will be held back until midseason.

Encores of the new drama "Skin" will fill the 9 p.m. Thursday spot beginning Oct. 30. Original episodes of the series will air at 9 p.m. Mondays beginning Oct. 20.

The affected nights' schedules will thus look like this (all times Eastern/Pacific):

Wednesday (effective Oct. 29)

8 p.m.: "That '70s Show"
8:30 p.m.: "A Minute with Stan Hooper"
9 p.m.: "The O.C."
Thursday (effective Oct. 30)

8 p.m.: "Tru Calling"
9 p.m.: "Skin" (encore of previous Monday's episode)
Sunday (effective Nov. 9)

7:30 p.m.: "King of the Hill"
8 p.m.: "The Simpsons"
8:30 p.m.: "The Bernie Mac Show"
9 p.m.: "Malcolm in the Middle"
9:30 p.m.: "Arrested Development"

Now this show will get a chance!

Chris
Old 09-30-03, 01:28 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 259 Likes on 152 Posts
You're probably right, it does have more of a chance now, but it sucks for me now that it's opposite Angel.
Old 09-30-03, 02:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Crap.

Angel, Jake 2.0, The West Wing, and now The O.C.? This sucks.

I was enjoying this show, but that timeslot is just too crowded.
Old 09-30-03, 08:36 AM

Ooops sorry! I have 3 Directivo's (6 tuners), so this is never a problem for me. But then again, you guys have a life and I don't!

Chris
Old 09-30-03, 08:57 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 618 Likes on 497 Posts
This really sucks. I would have preferred they left it where it was. I think this is a really bad move on FOX's part. I think it could have hit its teen-early 30 demo by leaving where it was. Now, however, it will go against The Bachelor, a show that does very well in that demo, particularly with female viewers and Angel.

They should have moved it to Monday or Tuesday at 8. It would have made a perfect match with FOX's Skin which goes in the Monday 9 timeslot.

Now I have a 4-way conflict in that slot (and only 2 Replays): West Wing, The Bachelor, King of Queens, and The O.C. I already jettisoned King of Queens since I know I can catch reruns later in the season when The Bachelor is over and WW is in reruns. Now I am really stuck - I guess I'll have to actually watch something live in this slot.

Does anyone know if ABC Family will be repeating The Bachelor showings a week later like they have in the past?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.