Reload this Page >

Jackass should be Banned!

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 09-13-03, 11:05 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just read that some guy stuck fire crackers up his butt because he wanted to be Jackass. Now he is in the hospital. This show needs to taken off the air before someone dies.
Old 09-13-03, 11:06 PM

I've never seen "Jackass" yet plenty of crap has been up my butt. What do you say to that?
Old 09-13-03, 11:07 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Relax, every idiot that offs themselves by doing stunts from Jackass doesn't procreate and cleanses the gene pool.
Old 09-13-03, 11:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Tsar Chasm
Relax, every idiot that offs themselves by doing stunts from Jackass doesn't procreate and cleanses the gene pool.
agreed.
DVD Talk Legend

Stupidity is NOT illegal.
DVD Talk Legend

Re: Jackass should be Banned!

Oh, thank goodness you were talking about the show. I thought my time here was up.
DVD Talk Hero

Ohhh, I thought you didn't like one of our members here at DVD Talk.

did he light them?

maybe he should stick with Matchbox cars next time.

IBTUR:

"survival of the fittest" works again.
Old 09-13-03, 11:09 PM

Oh, thank goodness you were just talking about the show. I was afraid dork's time here was up.
Old 09-13-03, 11:11 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by ctyler
I just read that some guy stuck fire crackers up his butt because he wanted to be Jackass. Now he is in the hospital. This show needs to taken off the air before someone dies.
i totally disagree. if someone is stupid enough to actually do that then they deserve the consequences. to blame someone else for your actions is as stupid as the actions themselves.
Old 09-13-03, 11:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Groucho, if I go, I'm taking you with me. Right into Reichenbach Falls!
Old 09-13-03, 11:13 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

You know... If somebody is stupid enough to imitate what they see on those shows, they deserve what happens.
Old 09-13-03, 11:15 PM
Banned

Darwinism works! The only thing that should be banned is this guy from entering the gene pool.
Old 09-13-03, 11:18 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

And this guy didn't video tape this? He should take lessons from the Star Wars kid.
Old 09-13-03, 11:32 PM
Admin Emeritus

This has been going on since before Evel Knievel. Good luck in your crusade on stamping out idiocy, though.
Old 09-13-03, 11:33 PM
X
Administrator

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Who is Jackass?
Old 09-13-03, 11:37 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Quoth ctyler <HR SIZE=1>I just read that some guy stuck fire crackers up his butt because he wanted to be a Jackass.<HR SIZE=1>

Fixed it for you ... and he succeeded.

das
Old 09-13-03, 11:40 PM
Admin Emeritus

Hey, while we're at it, we should also ban any show that depicts unsafe sex. And driving too fast. And drinking too much. And not flossing daily.
Old 09-13-03, 11:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Has Jackass ever done an episode of something like this? Not sure why people watch the show, just seems like mindless entertainment, but not saying it should be banned.

We could say "This show does nothing but promote stupidity, therefore it should be banned in order to protect our society."

The argument to this would be: "The 1st Amendment protects free speech, regardless of how stupid it is."
Old 09-13-03, 11:42 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Quoth Static Cling <HR SIZE=1>Hey, while we're at it, we should also ban any show that depicts unsafe sex. And driving too fast. And drinking too much. And not flossing daily. <HR SIZE=1>

Forget about that. This guy should be erased from existence, because what if someone tries to do the same thing emulating him???

das
Old 09-13-03, 11:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Attention "Mr. Firecrackers up the ass". Assuming you know how to read, click here.
Old 09-14-03, 12:13 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
If tv made you stick a firecracker up your ass... you deserved it.
Old 09-14-03, 12:50 AM
Suspended

Re: Re: Jackass should be Banned!

Originally posted by kevin75
i totally disagree. if someone is stupid enough to actually do that then they deserve the consequences. to blame someone else for your actions is as stupid as the actions themselves.
Well, you can't blame the guy for bringing it up. Most of the dumbest law suits were brought up and won by dumb people who knew exactly what the consequence was gonna be, but still did it and end up winning millions and millions. This is America buddy, land of the stupids who get millions for being idiots. And if you're dumb enough, you can even be the president.
Old 09-14-03, 01:30 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Somewhere Hot Scoville Units: 9,999,999 Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Re: Re: Re: Jackass should be Banned!

Originally posted by FuzzyBallz
Well, you can't blame the guy for bringing it up. Most of the dumbest law suits were brought up and won by dumb people who knew exactly what the consequence was gonna be, but still did it and end up winning millions and millions. This is America buddy, land of the stupids who get millions for being idiots. And if you're dumb enough, you can even be the president.
I don't know if this is old news or not, but here's the story:

http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_816233.html

Jackass warning after horrific firecracker accident

Doctors in Australia have urged people to not to attempt Jackass style stunts after a man burnt his genitals in a firecracker accident.

The 26-year-old Australian man suffered a fractured pelvis and severe burns when a firecracker exploded between the cheeks of his buttocks.

The incident has left the man, from Illawarra, New South Wales, incontinent and unable to have sex and he is expected to remain in hospital for several months.

Dr Robert McCurdie, who operated on the man when he was taken to Wollongong Hospital, likened the man's condition to "a war injury".

Dr McCurdie said he believed the man had stumbled while the firecracker was in his buttocks, and fell down on it.

"By virtue of the fact that the explosion was confined in an upward direction, it went up into his pelvis, blasted a great hole in the pelvis, ruptured the urethra, injured muscles in the floor of the pelvis which rendered him incontinent. His pelvis was also fractured."

It is not known whether the man was imitating the cult prankster film Jackass in which men place firecrackers in their buttocks and shoot them into the air.

Acting Senior Sergeant John Klepczarek said the danger with movies like Jackass was that some people were tempted to try the stunts at home.

"They're putting themselves at risk, and other people. We do caution people strongly against following these acts," he said.
Old 09-14-03, 01:45 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Re: Re: Re: Re: Jackass should be Banned!

Quoth Chad <HR SIZE=1>Acting Senior Sergeant John Klepczarek said the danger with movies like Jackass was that some people were tempted to try the stunts at home.<HR SIZE=1>

Acting Follower of Reason das Monkey said that the danger with stupid people is that they do stupid things and then blame others for their own stupidity.

das
Old 09-14-03, 01:49 AM

He'll never be able to have sex again. AWSOME!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.