Reminder: Alias Season 2 Finale on this Sunday

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-03, 02:12 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Reminder: Alias Season 2 Finale on this Sunday

Sunday, September 14
"The Telling"

Sydney finally confronts her mother, who reveals her true motivation. Meanwhile, Sloane begins to execute his new grand plan, Will struggles to figure out who is behind his set-up, and Marshall finds love. (Original Airdate: 5/4/03)

------------------------

If you missed the season finale, or just want to relive the coolness, it's on this Sunday. Check your local listings - the Bears/Vikings game has moved Alias to 6pm CST in my area.
Old 09-12-03, 02:40 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
its still 9 pm et here, and just a reminder, those who've just seen season 1, will probably don't get most of the stuff thats in the episode.
Old 09-14-03, 08:58 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
I forgot how awesome that fight was between Sydney and Fake-Francie. That was brutal! And I still love the ending where she wakes up two years later.

Two more weeks until the premier.
Old 09-15-03, 12:06 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Just re-watched it. Didn't lose one iota of coolness.
Old 09-15-03, 12:14 AM
Admin Emeritus

Will telling France to "GET ON THE GROUND!!" kicked so much ass. Thank goodness he's still alive.
Old 09-15-03, 11:51 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I still found it beyond ridiculous that
Spoiler:
Fake Francie would not only keep her medicene in her makeup bag, but that she'd keep it in a CLEARLY LABELED bottle
Old 09-15-03, 11:55 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by Static Cling
Will telling France to "GET ON THE GROUND!!" kicked so much ass. Thank goodness he's still alive.
is that the explimation thats given as to how he survived?
Old 09-15-03, 12:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 257 Likes on 181 Posts
Originally posted by Meatpants
I still found it beyond ridiculous that
Spoiler:
Fake Francie would not only keep her medicene in her makeup bag, but that she'd keep it in a CLEARLY LABELED bottle
Dude, it's a TV show about a spy girl hunting the world to collect advanced technology built in the 15th century. A little suspension of disbelief is helpful to enjoy yourself.
Old 09-15-03, 05:50 PM
Admin Emeritus

Originally posted by Rypro 525
is that the explimation thats given as to how he survived?
No, Will tells Francie to GET ON THE GROUND right before Francie jumps at him and stabs him. There's no explanation... Vaughn just says that Will is alive. I rewatched the season finale, and I don't think he says anything about Francie being alive. But that would suck for Merrin Dungey to train up to be FightingFrancie just for one episode, and then, as a thank you for her busting her ass for the show, kill her character and boot her off the show.
Old 09-23-03, 10:22 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Rypro 525
its still 9 pm et here, and just a reminder, those who've just seen season 1, will probably don't get most of the stuff thats in the episode.
Ok.. with the new season start, I wanted to get into Alias. I used to watch a lot of tv, but since I didn't know what was on when, never followed anything. Now I still don't know what day things are on, but I come home and see that they are saved for me when I have time for them!

NOTE: I have NEVER EVER EVER EVER seen Alias.

So I recorded this Finale thingy, but haven't seen it, intimidated by Rypro's comment above. Should I *not* watch it and instead just catch the season premiere?

Can someone readers digest enough that I can follow what happens in the finale???
Old 09-23-03, 10:25 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Oh man ... why can't people just watch shows from the beginning? That's a tough one ... I might attempt it later, but there's just too damn much you're going to need to know. Perhaps none of it will be relevant with the current status of the show, but I seriously doubt that.

das
Old 09-23-03, 10:30 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Well... I'm just waiting for someone to tell me that "all I need to do is hold off till December 2nd when I can watch seasons 1 and 2 on DVD".
Old 09-23-03, 10:31 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by Y2K Falcon
Ok.. with the new season start, I wanted to get into Alias. I used to watch a lot of tv, but since I didn't know what was on when, never followed anything. Now I still don't know what day things are on, but I come home and see that they are saved for me when I have time for them!

NOTE: I have NEVER EVER EVER EVER seen Alias.

So I recorded this Finale thingy, but haven't seen it, intimidated by Rypro's comment above. Should I *not* watch it and instead just catch the season premiere?

Can someone readers digest enough that I can follow what happens in the finale???
well the whole mystery surrounding a female character mentioned throughout season 1, will be ruined by your watching, the whole clone thing might be confusing. But what the hell, watch it anyway, and hopefully, any and all questions can be anwsered by someone on this forum

edit, some of the things are explained in this thread.
Old 09-23-03, 10:32 AM
DVD Talk Hero

All you need to do is hold off till December 2nd when you can watch seasons 1 and 2 on DVD

das
Old 09-23-03, 10:35 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by das Monkey
All you need to do is hold off till December 2nd when you can watch seasons 1 and 2 on DVD

das
Thanks!

Nice bargain.

Old 09-23-03, 10:57 AM
DVD Talk Hero

also (so you don't have to wait until september)tape em or tivo them and when you get caught up, watch em (or email me, and i'll tape em for you.)
Old 09-23-03, 11:21 AM

Anyone have a ReplayTV that can send me this episode? I missed out on it (the 2nd time, not in the Spring) and was wondering if anyone can send it to my machine.
Old 09-28-03, 05:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Ok ok ok... So... Saw it last night..

Francie is a double of someone... of who, someone from the agency? And is she that kid from the 'experiments?' Am I supposed to know where the real Francie is, or does everyone but me know she is dead? And am I clueless or was she a robot double? (she acted funny when she was shot)

Is that old man that Sydney works with her father? Is she in this agency because of him?

Does this agency work WITH the CIA, or kinda parallel to?

Why do fools fall in love?

Should I have spoilerized these questions? (the episode was 2 weeks ago, dammit!)
Old 09-28-03, 05:15 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Ok ok ok... So... Saw it last night..

Francie is a double of someone... of who, someone from the agency? And is she that kid from the 'experiments?' Am I supposed to know where the real Francie is, or does everyone but me know she is dead? And am I clueless or was she a robot double? (she acted funny when she was shot)
nope (not a spoiler since it was pointed out in season 1, she was a friend of syds and had a big role in the series, but she was more of a supporting character.
Spoiler:
the real francie was shot in the head in the reboot episode.
why the alliance went after her, I don't know why.
Is that old man that Sydney works with her father? Is she in this agency because of him?
no this man started in season2. she is in the agency because her father told syd that sd6 was not appart of the the aliance, and the agency worked to bring sd6 down (and Sloane was the leader of sd6) syd worked undercover (once she found out the truth). sd6 thought she was working for them, but she was really working for the cia to help bring them down and
Spoiler:
they eventually did in the reboot episode

Does this agency work WITH the CIA, or kinda parallel to?
I think they work together but thats more discussed in season 2, which I joined 13 episodes late (superbowl aka reboot was my first episode)
Why do fools fall in love?
if your talking about syd and vaughn, they were partners in helping brining sd6 down, they kissed
Spoiler:
when sd6 fell
and had sex twice through out the second season (much to the dismay of some forum members) thats why she was shocked when she saw the ring on his finger at the end of the season finale

Hope I helped, enjoy the season premiere.

Last edited by Rypro 525; 09-28-03 at 05:20 PM.
Old 09-28-03, 08:58 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Well, tonight's season premiere didn't disappoint this fan. Sydney was kicking butt and taking name, and leaving no prisoners. The upcoming season highlights look pretty entertaining as well. It's good to have this show back!
Old 09-28-03, 09:25 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by Patman
Well, tonight's season premiere didn't disappoint this fan. Sydney was kicking butt and taking name, and leaving no prisoners. The upcoming season highlights look pretty entertaining as well. It's good to have this show back!
Too bad it was highly unbelievable. See the other Alias thread for my explanation. I guess I'm upset because I am such a big fan of the show. Maybe I expected too much.
Old 09-28-03, 09:39 PM

are you sure u've seen this show before? honestly i don't know what u saw that was highely unbelievable, especially in a show consisting of plot elements like 500 year old prophecies coming true and people undergoing dna therapy to make them look like totally different people.
Old 09-28-03, 09:41 PM
Admin Emeritus

Let's keep discussion of the season premiere in this thread: http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...hreadid=320406

Thanks!