Some TIVO Questions...

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Some TIVO Questions...

Old 09-11-03, 12:48 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Some TIVO Questions...

Originally posted by finshee

Question # 3: Can you transfer your recordings to DVD/VHS?

There is currently a Tivo/DVD recorder from Pioneer built into one unit. It's still quite expensive at around $1500.

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pe...998807,00.html

http://www.dvd-recorder-connection.c...-recorders.htm
Old 09-11-03, 01:03 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Re: Some TIVO Questions...

Originally posted by zak52
There is currently a Tivo/DVD recorder from Pioneer built into one unit. It's still quite expensive at around $1500.

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pe...998807,00.html

http://www.dvd-recorder-connection.c...-recorders.htm

Ahhh, but one can dream, can't he?

Chris
Old 09-11-03, 01:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Directv should be here any minute to install my Directivo.
Old 09-11-03, 01:24 PM

Originally posted by chrisih8u
Directv should be here any minute to install my Directivo.

You're going to love it and you won't be able to live without it!

Chris
Old 09-11-03, 01:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Is it done yet?
Old 09-11-03, 01:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

The installation company just called me and said they had an emergency come up and cant do it until Wednesday. This is the second time they have done this! I have waited at home twice now and both times they have had an emergency. I am so pissed right now. I called Directv to see if they could have another company come before Wednesday. So the lady looks in the computer and says "I have an opening on Wednesday" I WANT MY DIRECTIVO, DAMMIT!
Old 09-11-03, 01:40 PM

The installation company just called me and said they had an emergency come up and cant do it until Wednesday. This is the second time they have done this! I have waited at home twice now and both times they have had an emergency. I am so pissed right now. I called Directv to see if they could have another company come before Wednesday. So the lady looks in the computer and says "I have an opening on Wednesday" I WANT MY DIRECTIVO, DAMMIT!
I put up my dish myself and Dish Network gave me a credit on my account instead of having the installers come out. Do they stil do that? Would DirecTV do that also? If you can assemble a bicycle, you can put toegther and mount a satellite dish. It's fairly easy.
Old 09-11-03, 01:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by BenCJedi
I put up my dish myself and Dish Network gave me a credit on my account instead of having the installers come out. Do they stil do that? Would DirecTV do that also? If you can assemble a bicycle, you can put toegther and mount a satellite dish. It's fairly easy.
I already have Directv. But I bought the Directivo unit to upgrade over my regular box. I might be able to install it myself, but they have the Directivo.
Old 09-11-03, 02:39 PM

I already have Directv. But I bought the Directivo unit to upgrade over my regular box. I might be able to install it myself, but they have the Directivo.
I guess I should read the whole thread. Without the equipment you may need to add the capacity for the dual tuners and the DirecTiVo unit itself, I guess you really are stuck.
Old 09-11-03, 03:01 PM

You should at least demand a service credit for your time wasted. Tell them that you had to take off work, unpaid, just so they could come and install!

That being said, the hardest part of the install is lining up the damn dish to the satellite. When I tried to install it in 1995, I just couldn't find the signal, so I called up the installer and he came out and in 5 minutes had the signal and I had a bill for $60!

Chris
Old 09-12-03, 11:40 AM

Originally posted by BigDave
I'm waiting for a networked Tivo where you can record in several rooms and also be able to watch the content in any room you choose.
My 2 ReplayTV 5000 series (the ones they're about to replace) let me do that. Still need two units, but I can watch anything off the bedroom one in the living room, or watch half of something in the living room and finish watching the rest in bed, etc.