Reload this Page >

ESPN's PLAYMAKERS - Week 3 (9/9)

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 09-09-03, 08:34 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I missed last weeks ep, and the replay tonight at 8 on ESPN2 did not happen . Can anyone give me a quick summary of it?
Old 09-09-03, 09:58 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Well, I really liked this weeks ep, even without seeing last weeks show. Next week looks good also with the abuse angle and Leon losing the job again.
Old 09-09-03, 10:01 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

You don't want to watch. The cliches, the annoying narration. You don't owe ESPN anything for plugging your website on PTI. They did that on their own. But then, you're in its grip. You don't watch because you like it, you watch because you can't break away. One day they'll have an episode that's just over the edge and you'll finally break the cycle. For now, though, the players haven't resorted to singing an entire episode, and you just keep watching.
Old 09-09-03, 11:10 PM

This episode was better than the previous 2. I kinda wish they would focus less on all the cliches of athletes and more of the business side of it. I like the injured quarterback angle and how he has no choice but to play. They coud focus on the struggle between and athlete who wants to prolong his career and a coach who needs to win now or be fired...that's compelling drama that normal fans never see...we only see the aftermath. I don't need to see every week how athletes get away with whatever they want and have sex with gorgeous women (I won't complain if they put more of this on however)...we all know that!!
Old 09-10-03, 09:09 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
This was definitely the best episode of the 3.

I can see why they don't have much on-field action in the plot. That guy who plays the QB throws like a girl.
Old 09-10-03, 11:27 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by leepyswetr
You don't want to watch. The cliches, the annoying narration. You don't owe ESPN anything for plugging your website on PTI. They did that on their own. But then, you're in its grip. You don't watch because you like it, you watch because you can't break away. One day they'll have an episode that's just over the edge and you'll finally break the cycle. For now, though, the players haven't resorted to singing an entire episode, and you just keep watching.
that was great!
Old 09-10-03, 11:52 AM

The abuse thing is a little over the top for me. She comes up and starts slapping him and he grabs her hands to stop and pushes them away, and she falls and it is all HIS fault? No way would I ever say it is ok to hit a woman, but I didn't see the abuse. Now if he had backhanded her and kicked her down the stairs, I could see it. Maybe I'll watch one of the 500 replays of the episode this week.

Other than that, I agree, it was the best episode yet.
Old 09-10-03, 02:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

They should just go ahead and give the Cougars their real name back....the Cowboys.
Old 09-10-03, 05:00 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by wabio
They should just go ahead and give the Cougars their real name back....the Cowboys.

I was just glad we finnaly saw an actual football game.

You'd think they'd get a double for the guy playing the QB since he looks like he can barely throw the ball 5 yards.
Old 09-10-03, 05:03 PM
Suspended

I agree with Red Dog, when he says that the QB throws like a girl. It looks like the guy has never thrown a football before in his life. Thats just some pathetic casting.
Old 09-10-03, 05:47 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Actually the guy was on SportsCenter before the show, and said he had a coach for this. He said he could throw the ball a good 50 yards. Dunno if it's true, but I don't see why he would lie.