Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

ANGEL Season 5 Preview Talk POTENTIAL SPOILERS

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-03, 10:14 PM
Suspended; also need updated email

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
ANGEL Season 5 Preview Talk POTENTIAL SPOILERS

Well firstly i hope that Connor is out of the picture for good.

Will be sad that Charisma isn't returning, i hope they don't rush in a new female character

The huge question is how Spike will be bought into the mix

and

how many and how often will there be cameo appearances from Buffy characters
Old 09-05-03, 10:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, I am glad that both Connor and Cordy are gone. I never liked Connor and, while I really liked Cordy on Angel, ever since the middle of the 3rd season I just really disliked Cordy. I don't know why exactly but it could've been the short, horribly-dyed hair!
Old 09-06-03, 05:31 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Well, I don't think Connor is gone for good, but I do believe Cordy is. I didn't care for the new hair either, but it wasn't so bad that it made me want to stop watching the character. Wonder what happened that they decided to get rid of Charisma.

I'm wondering if the new female character will be Gwen.
Old 09-06-03, 03:37 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,732 Likes on 1,885 Posts
I'm sorry to see CC go, and I think ME really kind of screwed her over. I don't buy the line that they didn't have anywhere to go with her character. Sounds like bull**** to me.

I also fear that this will turn into the "Spike" show in short order. Jesus, just let the guy "rest in peace." I just don't see how Cordelia's character has nowhere left to go. Seems like Spike's arc pretty definitely ended in "Chosen."

As far as the new female character goes, Gwen would seem to be an obvious choice, but I haven't heard anything. I know that Harmony will be a recurring character, and MM has been contracted for a number of eps.
Old 09-06-03, 06:05 PM

According to the interviews I've read, Connor's pretty much gone for good. They've talked about bringing him back for a one-shot episode, at most, but it doesn't sound like they're as eager to get him back as, say, get Sarah Michelle Gellar to put in an appearance or two. I'd actually love to see him back--They killed him off just as I was getting a handle on the character.

Cordelia's out the window, but they'd like to bring her back for what sounds, to me, like a mini-arc (three or four episodes) to tie up her loose ends. The problem is, they'd have to contract her for these individual episodes, and given that there seems to be some resentment there, I don't know that that'll be easy (And, again, I think this is probably a lower priority for them than dragging more of the Buffy cast over for guest spots).

I think the end of season 4 indicates that getting rid of Cordy was not the original plan (They'd even set up an excuse to have Cordelia revert to her earlier, more interesting, self). My big Completely Unfounded Conspiracy Theory is that the budget couldn't support both Cordelia and Spike as regular characters, and when it became clear that JM wouldn't sign on for just a recurring role, and that the WB really, really wanted Spike, CC went out the door.

I really don't have high hopes for the new season, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed. It all depends on how ME and the WB are thinking about the show at this point--Do they see it as something that could continue on for more than just this season? Or is it there to give them a way to try out ideas for a Buffy spinoff? I suspect Spike's presence in the show is mostly about keeping him and his fans around, in hopes that Tru Calling will get cancelled, and they can move him over to the proposed Faith spinoff.
Old 09-06-03, 06:10 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 259 Likes on 152 Posts
I'm just hoping that they'll seriously explore the consequences of having multiple slayers roaming around. I think a gang of "evil" rogue slayers would make a hell of an adversary.
Old 09-06-03, 09:22 PM
Needs to provide a working email

So what about the story line where Conner is supposed to end up killing Time Travel Demon Dude? You know-- the whole "reason" for the "kidnap Conner" arc?
Old 09-06-03, 09:23 PM

Originally posted by Jlbkwrm

I think the end of season 4 indicates that getting rid of Cordy was not the original plan (They'd even set up an excuse to have Cordelia revert to her earlier, more interesting, self).
I don't think it was the original plan either. It seemed to me as though they changed to story arc at the end of last season because of the fear that they were going to get cancelled. I think ME changed it a lot, if you saw some spoilers from last year and think of all the unresolved plot threads from last season that will not get resolved this year you know what I am talking about, and instead made a "pilot" for a new direction of Angel so it wouldn't get canned. Also, I know that Charisma was only going to be re-occuring because she wanted to spend time with her newborn. I wonder what changed. I am still looking forward to the new season though as I am still convinced that it is one of the best dramas on TV.
Old 09-08-03, 07:55 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
So, is Cordy out completely?

I can handle Harmony in VERY SMALL doses. It would also be cool to see Lilah back and have Gwen as a regular or at least in a recurring role.
Old 09-08-03, 09:07 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

When is Gellar going to make appearances... I am a little behind on my Angel watching... (season 2 is arriving today is how far i am behind) but i would definitely jump ahead for a couple episodes (ok seasons) to see Buffy.
Old 09-08-03, 06:01 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 444 Likes on 311 Posts
Harmony is supposed to be a regular in season 5, working for Angel Co. on behalf of W&H.

I hope they bring back Lilah - she's my favorite (and HOTTEST) character on the show.
Old 09-08-03, 07:42 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

who is "ME"? I always see it mentioned a lot when referring to Angel but have no idea who or what it is.
Old 09-08-03, 08:13 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by garmonbozia
who is "ME"? I always see it mentioned a lot when referring to Angel but have no idea who or what it is.
oh, nm, I just realized that ME = Mutant Enemy, lol.
Old 09-08-03, 08:18 PM

The way I understand it, nothing is set in stone regarding Cordelia, but I'd be surprised if she never made another appearance on the show. Joss has said that he'd like to give the character some closure, and I think CC feels the same way, so I see them coming to some kind of agreement.

Is it true that CC will be recurring on Miss Match, or is it only a one-shot deal?

The new female character is Eve (played by Sarah Thompson):

When is Gellar going to make appearances
Probably in February or May, for sweeps.

costanza187, If you're going to be watching the show for her appearances next year, I think you should just go ahead and start watching on Oct. 1st when the season starts. This is as good a jumping-on point as any: the characters are in a completely new setting, the cast has been shaken up, the stories are going to be a bit more stand-alone, and less arc-y. Season 5 won't be available on DVD for a long time...you might as well watch it with the rest of us.
Old 09-08-03, 10:27 PM

I know that CC was going to be re-occuring and that they wanted her for some eps this year but so far she hasn't signed on for any. I thought that Harmony going regular was being talked about as a possibility for mid-season? Was this changed?
I also read that Lilah will not be making any appearances on the show this year. However, I did hear that ME is trying very hard to get, outside of SMG, Christian Kane to reprise his role as Lindsay and Alyson Hannigan to come back as well.

The characters I most want to see return:

Gwen Raiden
Lindsay
Willow
Buffy
Faith(not likely)
Lilah
Old 09-08-03, 10:46 PM

Spoiler Alert!

Ok, well I know a few of the new episodes stories so if you dont want to know STOP READING!

Spike: Spike comes back at the end of the first new episode. Apparently a letter is delivered earlier on the show and at the end the cast is sitting in Angels new office and he goes to open the letter. The amulet from the end of buffy falls out and a ball of flames apear as does spike who is in on fire and screaming. The fire goes out and theres spike. Apparently from that point on hes a ghost or sorts and they hint at how he can become corpreal again.
Old 09-09-03, 09:32 AM

I thought that Harmony going regular was being talked about as a possibility for mid-season? Was this changed?
It's possible. MM is supposedly signed for 17 episodes, and it doesn't look like she's appearing in episodes 3-5. So she may indeed end up as a regular by mid-season.

As for Lilah, I think SR's shooting a movie or something, so they couldn't work out a schedule. But it's still early, so who knows.

If/when Tru Calling flops, I could see Faith showing up later in the season.
Old 09-09-03, 09:37 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,732 Likes on 1,885 Posts
Originally posted by areacode212

If/when Tru Calling flops, I could see Faith showing up later in the season.
Oh, just give us a "Faith" series already.
Old 09-09-03, 10:08 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
Yes, please. Or even the propose Ripper spinoff.
Old 09-10-03, 07:05 PM
Suspended; also need updated email

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Harmony noooo ! she sux

yes i also want to see more of Giles's past explored