Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Joe Schmo

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-03, 11:14 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Lateralus42
During that second interview, Joe didnt seem too happy. I think he thought it over and realised that it was a sh*tty thing for people to do to him. Overall it was a horrible show.
This is what I posted over at The Fort:

Okay people in Los Angeles, KROQ is going to talk to Matt in just a couple of minutes. That is KROQ 106.7 FM in Los Angeles. Sorry, they do not broadcast live on the Internet, so hopefully Ralph (smarmyhost) will post the audio later today. I will let you know what he says!

Ralph says he's going to help Matt become a show biz whore!

Matt says that Brian is an amazing person and that they are hanging around these days. As he said in another interview, he is worried that he won't like the real the real people, behind the actors.

Matt also says that he is a real emotional guy and that he has trouble making it thru a Waltons episode, which used to air on TNN (SpikeTV) at 1 pm.

Matt says that he was shocked that no news organization in his hometown of Pittsburgh covered his story. He joked that there was a murder or something.

Well he just finished and he came across as, well.... Matt a great guy, who you'd want to be your friend. Who wouldn't flake out on you. He said that his girlfriend is the girl he had met in law school and who had read about him in the newspaper and gave him a call and the rest is history.

Here's a snippet of his story in the Post Gazette which gives you more details of above:

Gould wouldn't discuss concrete plans, but he's getting a taste of the limelight. Last week he sat at the same table as pop singer Justin Timberlake at Spike TV's "GQ Awards."

"It was me, my girlfriend and then Justin Timberlake at the front table," Gould recalled. (He's been dating Lacey Cass, a second-year law student at the University of Pittsburgh, for three months. They'd been friends before he dropped out of law school, and she called to congratulate Gould on "The Joe Schmo Show" after reading an article about him this summer.)

Hopefully Ralph will post the audio so you can hear the whole thing.

Chris
Old 10-29-03, 12:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
It's there now:

Direct link: http://boss.streamos.com/wmedia/kroq...nedy_gould.asx

Link to page:
http://www.kroq.com/kevinandbean/sou...oundshome.html
Old 10-29-03, 12:23 PM
toq

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Timber
Why did they keep playing the music for "The Mole"? I've noticed it through out the season. Are the shows made by the same people?
Yes, Stone Stanley Entertainment are the people behind "The Mole" series and "The Joe Schmo Show" which are just two of their many projects.
Old 10-29-03, 12:25 PM

Originally posted by DodgingCars
It's there now:

Direct link: http://boss.streamos.com/wmedia/kroq...nedy_gould.asx

Link to page:
http://www.kroq.com/kevinandbean/sou...oundshome.html
Thanx, I gave you credit over at The Fort! http://www.fansofrealitytv.com/forum...354#post483354

Chris
Old 10-29-03, 01:57 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 731 Likes on 533 Posts
I hope Matt has good things in his future... he's the epitome of a good human. For being a stand up guy!

And I too would want a good ole American time with Ashleigh and Molly.
Old 10-29-03, 10:37 PM
nny
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Timber
Why did they keep playing the music for "The Mole"? I've noticed it through out the season. Are the shows made by the same people?
I noticed The Mole music during the season, but I think last night they kept playing the Blind Date music. That was annoying.
Old 11-07-03, 11:51 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Ralph Garman just said on Kroq today that SpikeTV has offered Matt Kennedy Gould his own show. They're going to be working with him on a new project. Good for him.
Old 11-07-03, 12:52 PM

He's also going to start introducing the repeats of Joe Schmo, starting next Tuesday Nov 11th!

Chris
Old 11-11-03, 02:35 AM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Is he just doing an intro or is he providing commentary throughout the show? The Spike TV ads seemed like the latter, but they've been known to exaggerate in their promos before.
Old 11-11-03, 11:17 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I guess we'll find out tonight at 9 or whenever it's on.
Old 03-15-04, 04:21 PM

Good news!

http://www.thedigitalbits.com/#mytwocents

Also on 6/22 from Paramount, watch for The Joe Schmo Show: Season One Uncensored, which will include 8 episodes, audio commentary from executive producer Rhett Reese and Matt Kennedy Gould, never-before-seen eviction ceremony interviews, the extended and unblurred "chocolate sauce on models" sequence, deleted scenes and more.

Chris
Old 03-15-04, 04:38 PM
DVD Talk Hero

If "uncensored" doesn't include Molly's puppies, then no sale.

das
Old 04-07-04, 11:17 PM

Joe Schmo (3 disk set) $23.99 at Walmart.com

http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...hreadid=357359

I posted this in DVD Bargains, but just a heads up to the faithful Joe Schmo watchers.

Chris
Old 04-12-04, 10:42 AM

Rhett Reese (muggum) one of the creators and producers of The Joe Schmo Show, just posted this here http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...47#post1870747

Payroll, Angie, Inundated, MitchO, etc.,

The news is going national, so I thought you should hear it from me. We just shot Joe Schmo 2! It's in the can and being edited as we speak. This time, we went after the relationship genre (if you've seen enough Bachelors, you're gonna love this one). And we have a Joe Schmo AND a Jane Schmo. Mark down June 15 on your calendars, and thanks for all the continued support! It's been murder keeping this a secret!

R

p.s. Ralph the host is back, in disguise as arrogant but horny British host Derek Newcastle. Accent and all. Funnier than ever!

Chris
Old 04-12-04, 10:51 AM

And here is the official news release!

http://tv.zap2it.com/tveditorial/tve...445|1|,00.html

'Joe Schmo' Meets 'Jane Schmo' in June
(Monday, April 12 08:31 AM)

LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) - Spike TV has wrapped photography on the second season of its popular reality entry "The Joe Schmo Show." Creatively (and hopefully tentatively) titled "Joe Schmo 2," the series will premiere on Tuesday, June 15. Fortunately, there will be a twist.

This time, in addition to a Joe Schmo, there will also be a Jane Schmo. Raising the improv ante, the team of actors will surround not one, but two real people -- a man and a woman -- who think they're part of a reality television show.

The new show-within-the-show is called "Last Chance For Love" and will parody relationship shows like "For Love or Money" or "The Bachelor." The absurd competitions, shocking twists and over-the-top eviction ceremonies will be overseen by Ralph Garman, the host of the first "Joe Schmo." This time he'll be in disguise playing pompous British host Derek Newcastle.
"We know that guys despise reality relationship shows, so what better genre to mess with on behalf of guys everywhere," says Kevin Kay, executive vice president of programming and production, Spike TV.

"Joe Schmo" writer-creators Paul Wernick and Rhett Reese return for the second go-round, joined by David G. Stanley, Scott A. Stone and Anthony Ross.

The October finale of the first "Joe Schmo" drew 3.4 million viewers, mammoth numbers by Spike TV standards.

Chris
Old 04-12-04, 10:54 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Sounds good, but spoofing a dating show? That could really hurt somebody's feelings. "I thought you loved me, but you're an actor?"

But of course I'll be tuning in. Let's hope that we have weekly threads for that one instead of one monster thread like we did this time.
Old 04-12-04, 11:05 AM

Originally posted by Groucho
Let's hope that we have weekly threads for that one instead of one monster thread like we did this time.
Well thank you Groucho for volunteering!

Chris
Old 04-12-04, 11:09 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Originally posted by mrpayroll
Well thank you Groucho for volunteering!
I don't start threads...I finish them.
Old 04-12-04, 11:16 AM

I don't start threads...I finish them.

I'm sorry! I'm the Thread Killer around here!

Chris
Old 04-12-04, 12:12 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 136 Likes on 107 Posts
Originally posted by Damfino
As this is Spike's most successful show, it's guaranteed that they will try it again. I even have a couple of workable ideas:

They could do "Jane Schmoe" with a female victim. (Women are less likely to watch Spike TV and might not be aware of JS1).

They could do "Joe Schmoe II" as a Bachelor type show. This would be completely different from JS1.

Also, Fox found a way to do Joe Millionaire II, so Spike can figure out a way to do Joe Schmoe II.
Yep, I called it back in October!
Old 04-12-04, 12:15 PM

Yep, I called it back in October!
Damn Fine! Damfino, pretty good!

Chris
Old 04-12-04, 12:24 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 136 Likes on 107 Posts
Let's hope that we have weekly threads for that one instead of one monster thread like we did this time.
Good idea. In fact this announcement of JS2 warrants a new thread itself.
Old 04-12-04, 01:01 PM

Good idea. In fact this announcement of JS2 warrants a new thread itself.
Good idea. I went ahead and did that. We can probably close out this old thread.

Chris