Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Samurai Jack appreciation thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-03, 09:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Samurai Jack appreciation thread

This cartoon, at least in my eyes doesn't get enough props. It is nothing short of brilliant.

With references to Lone Wolf and Cub, 300 Spartans, Chinese Martial arts (Shaolin Monks, various styles of Kung Fu), I mean wow, a lot of thought was put into this show.

Also, awesome characters. The third episode with this Scotsman was on this weekend. An hour long episode at that. A great character (my wife loves his machine gun leg).

The character design and the backrounds are also breathtaking.

I'm sure this cartoon has a huge adult following. If only they would realease season sets. Man, I would even take "best of" dvd's at this point.
Old 08-25-03, 10:16 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts
They do have the pilot episode, that they call a "movie," on DVD. It also has the first episode as a bonus, the one with the Scotsman and the bridge.

With the recently announced Adult Swim DVD sets, hopefully the rest of Cartoon Network's series won't be far behind.

Anyway, I agree. Samurai Jack is one of my favorite cartoons, especially the older ones. Waacha!
Old 08-25-03, 11:08 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Jack is awesome. I'd buy a DVD set in a heartbeat, simply because I am too lazy to tape it and I always forget to watch it when it's on. I missed the last two specials.
Old 08-25-03, 02:06 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

More love for Jack!

One of my favorite new cartoon shows to watch.

My favorite thing about the show is the simplicity of it all. Best episode IMO, was the one with the wishing well but it was guarded by arrowsmen. Jack had tied a scarf around his eyes and listened to the noises around him. The running water, the falling leaves, the deer drinking. so simple, so quiet but so powerful to me!
I can't wait till its on DVD.
Old 08-26-03, 01:46 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I love Samurai Jack. The recent hour long episodes have been exceptional.
Old 08-26-03, 04:56 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
I appreciate Samurai Jack
Old 08-26-03, 07:24 PM

Bah I hate Jack!!!

Let me count the ways lots of action hardly any long term story arcs and his quest is centered around going home and defeating Aku? sorry Jack just doesn't cut it for me they can do a better job writing a story to this deadend series or maybe they have run out of ideas that fine with me just cancel this lousy show already.
Old 08-26-03, 11:14 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I enjoy the show quite a bit but it is quite repetative. Ive watched many episodes and they all seem to be the same thing. Still better than most of the crap on these days.
Old 08-27-03, 10:50 AM
Banned

Received 376 Likes on 295 Posts
Only American show (let alone cartoon) where they would dare to have silence for more than 30secs. Some of the silent pauses crack me up.