Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

King of the hill

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-03, 03:36 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
King of the hill

are there any king of the hill fans here? im a pretty big fan but i liekd beavis and butthead alot better. i got the first season and dvd and im gonna get season 2 when it comes out. im pretty excited about season 8 the first episode will introduce boomhauers brother. also does anyone know a good koth site with a message board?
Old 08-14-03, 10:30 PM
Banned

Always loved loved loved this show despite how many people rip it. Love it. Loved the last episode with the organic garden.

I just think the noises and voices are hilarious.
Old 08-14-03, 10:37 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts
Love it.
Old 08-14-03, 10:43 PM
Suspended

My favorite show right now. Hank Hill is my role model

Cant wait for the season 2 dvd
Old 08-14-03, 10:52 PM

Dale is one of the funniest guys on TV. Just some of the things he says, it's pure genius.
Old 08-15-03, 12:44 AM

I watch king of the hill twice a day...great stuff!
Old 08-15-03, 01:50 AM

Old 08-15-03, 02:13 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 482 Likes on 318 Posts
When the show first started running I caught a few episodes and thought it was lame. About two years back I started catching it in re-runs and I now think this is one of the better shows on television. I really loved the surreal freakshow The Simpsons has turned into, but the characters and stories on KOTH reminds me about how that show used to be about something each week.

I like comedy about conflict. I love the episodes dealing with Hank trying to enstall his values in Bobby, fighting against the more liberal world his son has to grow up in. I can't think of a better dynamic than that.

And nothing makes me laugh harder than when Kahn (sorry if that's misspelled) cracks his 'Hillbilly' insults. I like that they made him a jerk.
Old 08-15-03, 04:21 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,808 Likes on 1,129 Posts
Great show
Old 08-15-03, 05:04 PM
Cool New Member

I love this show very much because it deals non-condescendingly with people who don't live, think or talk like TV writers. It's one of the few shows that can actually tell stories we haven't seen on some other sitcom. (A born-again virgin program... competitive eating contests... Hank striving to protect his lawn... all this stuff is at least partly based on reality, but it's a reality most TV writers don't know about.) Dale has gotten a bit too much like Homer Simpson, and Luanne and her downbeat backstory are under-utilized (though it's been rumored she may have more to do in the upcoming season), but on the whole the characters have remained interesting, we learn new things about them every year -- unlike some sitcoms where characters never change and never surprise you -- and the show has stayed true to the low-key, observational, warm/witty style of the pilot. I think Mike Judge has compared it to a modern Andy Griffith Show except with a more pissed-off version of Andy.

Here's a site with info on the show: http://www.geocities.com/arlen_texas
Old 08-15-03, 05:28 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I dont see it a lot, but I do really like the show. It's very funny, Ive thought about getting the S1 DVD set
Old 08-18-03, 11:25 PM
Banned

See, I'm holding off on S1...I think the show really matured around the seasons that ended and began with the Mega-Lo-Mart cliffhanger, so I'll wait until those, but obviously I'll have to complete the collection