Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

"West Wing" from the beginning on Bravo

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-03, 08:44 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
"West Wing" from the beginning on Bravo

thought I'd throw the post out there in case someone is interested in seeing the show from the beginning. Having never seen the show, and doing the same thing recently for Buffy, I've got the Tivo fired up for this one.

replayed twice nightly and then again at 11 AM CST the next morning, so it's PVR-friendly.
Old 08-11-03, 08:47 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I beat you to it a while back, but there wasn't much response then either:

http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...ight=west+wing
Old 08-11-03, 09:02 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 616 Likes on 495 Posts
It's funny, I did flip this on for a few minutes and saw the Moira Kelly character. I couldn't even remember what her job was in the WH.
Old 08-11-03, 09:42 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 143 Likes on 98 Posts
I checked out the marathon yesterday and have already set the PVR for upcoming ups. Never seen the first season so I've got some catching up to do.
Old 08-11-03, 09:51 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
anyone know what the "West Wing - Special Episode" that is airing tonight involves? The bravotv website wasn't of any assistance.
Old 08-11-03, 10:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think they're referrring to the episode that cut together clips from the show with interviews of people who worked in The White House, including Ford, Carter and Clinton.
Old 08-11-03, 11:07 AM
Banned

Was Season one in WIDEscreen.....

Bravo was showing the episodes full screen over the weekend...

TNT also shows 'Boomtown' fullscreen in their reruns.

I hope the nightly shows of WW are widescreen.. But I am not holding my breath
Old 08-11-03, 11:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 257 Likes on 181 Posts
West Wing didn't switch to widescreen broadcast until a later season. The first season was broadcast 4:3.
Old 08-11-03, 02:17 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by Red Dog
It's funny, I did flip this on for a few minutes and saw the Moira Kelly character. I couldn't even remember what her job was in the WH.
she was an exgirlfriend of josh's who they brought on to help with the PR. her character didn't go anywhere so much that at the end of S1/beginning S2, she just mysteriously disappeared and still hasn't been accounted for.

as for widescreen, it started in S3 or S4 i can't remember which.
Old 08-11-03, 05:05 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Okay I have a question for those of you who have actually seen seasons 1-4. This has spoilers for S1 and S4. In the ep Mr. Willis From Ohio:

Spoiler:
I can't decide if Sorkin is just brilliant at planting ideas or what. In the conversation between Bartlett and Zoe he basically outlines exactly what happened to Zoe at the end of last season: the kidnapping, the method, right down to the dead secret service agent. I just wonder if Sorkin had this planned out that far in advance or if it is just a coincidence.
Old 08-11-03, 06:12 PM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Received 110 Likes on 99 Posts
It's setup on my tivo for each day at 4
Old 08-11-03, 07:14 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by lisadoris
Okay I have a question for those of you who have actually seen seasons 1-4. This has spoilers for S1 and S4. In the ep Mr. Willis From Ohio:

Spoiler:
I can't decide if Sorkin is just brilliant at planting ideas or what. In the conversation between Bartlett and Zoe he basically outlines exactly what happened to Zoe at the end of last season: the kidnapping, the method, right down to the dead secret service agent. I just wonder if Sorkin had this planned out that far in advance or if it is just a coincidence.
as someone who has bee with this show since the beginning here is my take...
Spoiler:
while he may not have been planning it that exact from day one, AS is a bright enough guy to use a good dramatic plotline and not go overboard. my opinion, he probably didn't plan it that way but maybe he did have it in the back of his mind for future use.
Old 08-11-03, 09:39 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 233 Likes on 137 Posts
I'm sure that when they decided to go with the Zoey storyline at the end of this season, they went back and used Barlet's "nightmare" from "Mr Willis of Ohio" as a starting point. More dramatic resonance that way, and this show has shown that it is willing to see if its viewers remember past episodes before. (i.e. "There's a guy in a hole, see.")
Old 08-11-03, 09:49 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I am very glad that they are showing the episodes from the start. I am also glad that they are showing them at 7:00 and 11:00. So I have a second chance to watch in case I miss the 7:00 show.

Originally posted by CitizenX
TNT also shows 'Boomtown' fullscreen in their reruns.
Watching Boomtown on TNT right at this moment and it is definitely widescreen.
Old 08-12-03, 11:57 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Man am I glad Moira Kelly got dumped

As for Sorkin, parts of the American President quickly seeped into the WW, so I think he's a fan of reusing his own great ideas.
Old 08-14-03, 12:18 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Why is Post Hoc, Ergo Propter Hoc on again tonight? Wasn't it shown last night?
Old 08-14-03, 11:51 AM

Originally posted by conscience
I am very glad that they are showing the episodes from the start. I am also glad that they are showing them at 7:00 and 11:00. So I have a second chance to watch in case I miss the 7:00 show.
Ditto and ditto.

I never watched it so I'm glad to be able to start at the beginning. Thank goodness about Moira Kelly's character being removed. She's terrible in this show. It is a great show though, what cool characters. Three eps in and I'm hooked.
Old 08-14-03, 12:06 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally posted by Danger1313
Thank goodness about Moira Kelly's character being removed. She's terrible in this show.
It's an annoying character made worse by an annoying actress. Even if your favorite actress took that part, the character still sucks.

Also, I'd forgotten how ridiculous Sam's early subplot was.
Old 08-14-03, 04:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I'm really enjoying these reruns; it's nice to see them again; especially when the alternative is hours of pointless reality shows and untalented ppl trying to 'make it big'.
Old 08-14-03, 05:48 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by Kal Jedi
Why is Post Hoc, Ergo Propter Hoc on again tonight? Wasn't it shown last night?
I just checked the synopsis for tonight and it seems like Five Votes Down (the fourth episode of the series) is on tonight.

Not sure why you have PH, EPH again. Which was shown on Tuesday night.

Originally posted by Danger1313
I never watched it so I'm glad to be able to start at the beginning. Thank goodness about Moira Kelly's character being removed. She's terrible in this show. It is a great show though, what cool characters. Three eps in and I'm hooked.

I used to watch it, but fell off the bandwagon with school..and even though I start school again (next Wednesday ) I am still going to hold on and watch every episode if I have to record.

I couldn't stand Moira Kelly when I watched the first time, and I can't stand her now. Her voice just grates on my nerves. Thank God for her departure.
Old 08-17-03, 10:56 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

watching the show for the first time, see the first two episodes so far & am pretty impressed. I'll keep watching for sure. How many seasons are they going to air?
Old 08-18-03, 06:38 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Thw show just finished its fourth season but I don't know if Bravo has the rights to all four (it could end up being some random FX / Buffy situation but I doubt it). My guess is Bravo will show at least the first three seasons.
Old 08-18-03, 11:39 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Something about the show is very similar to another Sorinkin show, I can't figure out if it's the characters, the dialogue or the delivery. I like it though.

Also are these episodes cut from their original airing? It seems as if there are lot of commericals & true stories from the White House.
Old 08-19-03, 07:20 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

i don't think that these have been cut. i am pretty familiar with the shows and don't recall anything being left out. however, i very well could be wrong.
Old 08-19-03, 08:36 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by WhattheFFF
Something about the show is very similar to another Sorinkin show, I can't figure out if it's the characters, the dialogue or the delivery. I like it though.

Also are these episodes cut from their original airing? It seems as if there are lot of commericals & true stories from the White House.
You mean Sportsnight? That's because they are very similar in terms of pace and dialogue.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.