TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Temptation Island --- Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-19, 01:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,076 Likes on 651 Posts
Re: Temptation Island --- Discussion Thread

Originally Posted by DWilson
I had forgotten the option of watching a video clip of the partner's "adventures".
Yeah, I had completely forgot about that as well but it really is an integral part of the show. Depending on the clip and context they show, it can really drive the significant other nuts and drive them to fool around when they might not otherwise.

They "non-manly" guy and his girl are not long for this world.
Old 02-18-19, 01:45 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 812 Likes on 601 Posts

Anyone still watching? I'm enjoying it so far, but I'm confused about most of the women running around with a bikini top on, but they are wearing towels from their belly buttons down.... Are they making them cover up for content ratings or are the women covering up their bellies?

Last edited by lwhy?; 02-18-19 at 03:45 PM.
Old 02-18-19, 03:28 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 810 Likes on 684 Posts

Originally Posted by lwhy?
Anyone still watching? I'm enjoying it so far, but I'm confused about most of the women running around with a bikini top on, but they are wearing towels from their belly buttons down.... Are they making them cover up for ratings or are the women covering up their bellies?
I would wager that is something done at the behest of the cable network's standards and practices.
Old 02-18-19, 03:44 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
I would wager that is something done at the behest of the cable network's standards and practices.
I just thought it was really odd since in some scenes they aren't, but in the majority of them they're wearing towels.
Old 02-26-19, 02:38 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

This was renewed for another season today: https://tvline.com/2019/02/26/tempta...2-usa-network/ Season two will be expanded to 12 episodes and a reunion special. I don't know if anyone else is still watching besides me, but I'm enjoying it.
Old 02-26-19, 03:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by lwhy?
This was renewed for another season today: https://tvline.com/2019/02/26/tempta...2-usa-network/ Season two will be expanded to 12 episodes and a reunion special. I don't know if anyone else is still watching besides me, but I'm enjoying it.
To my shame, I am watching. It started pretty slow but is picking up steam the last coupe episodes.
Old 02-26-19, 03:26 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Spoilers are out there if you want to know if the one couple breaks up after the show.
Old 02-26-19, 05:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,076 Likes on 651 Posts

I am still watching it but I have to say that the cast is really not that interesting on the boy's or girl's side. And the "tempters" are even less interesting.

I love the concept since it is like watching a train wreck but they really need to cast better on the next season all the way around.
Old 02-26-19, 05:37 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 616 Likes on 495 Posts

Originally Posted by Spiderbite
I am still watching it but I have to say that the cast is really not that interesting on the boy's or girl's side. And the "tempters" are even less interesting.

I love the concept since it is like watching a train wreck but they really need to cast better on the next season all the way around.
Yeah. It's mostly background TV for me.
Old 02-27-19, 06:18 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 215 Likes on 190 Posts

Originally Posted by Spiderbite

Mind you, they have to find people who actually willing to look at this as an opportunity for "personal growth" (or at least willing to say it).
Old 02-27-19, 02:58 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Apparently the producers went into casting telling people this was just another dating show, they never told contestants the full premise or even the show's name until they were on the island.

Google Evan's history, he's part of a very famous murder story that was big news at one time. His married father was killed by the jealous husband of the woman his father had been cheating with. Which makes Evan's actions even more eye popping on this show.

I'm amazed they are at least doing the right thing and not bringing Evan's sad past up.
Old 02-27-19, 07:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Apparently the producers went into casting telling people this was just another dating show, they never told contestants the full premise or even the show's name until they were on the island.
But who goes on a dating show with someone they have been in a serious relationship with for several years? No one with any common sense that actually considers themselves to be in a serious relationship.

Even if they didn't tell them they'd be living with more than a dozen members of the opposite sex the entire time, they knew enough going in that they felt the need to establish "ground rules" but (ahem) plowed ahead anyway.

Google Evan's history, he's part of a very famous murder story that was big news at one time. His married father was killed by the jealous husband of the woman his father had been cheating with. Which makes Evan's actions even more eye popping on this show.

I'm amazed they are at least doing the right thing and not bringing Evan's sad past up.
That is awful.
Old 02-28-19, 05:10 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Some people are really desperate to become reality stars. Break-out reality stars can earn low six-figure incomes from endorsements and other opportunities. That seems to be a huge motivation for many of the twentysomethings.

As for the "couples" signing up, I think some of them signed up thinking it would be an easy three-week vacation at a tropical place. Evan and Kaci clearly thought they could do the show without consequences to their relationship.
Old 02-28-19, 05:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Some people are really desperate to become reality stars.
No doubt. That explains 80% of television and 98% of the internet.
Old 03-01-19, 06:39 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 382 Likes on 307 Posts

My wife and I will watch almost anything in this genre.. and we watched TI waaaay back in the day. That said, this show is awful. It's the Tokyo Drift of "dating" shows... nobody is likable, nobody has any redeeming value and you'll forget about what you watched the minute you delete it from the DVR.
Old 04-04-19, 08:13 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I finally finished the season today. I thought it was decent overall. It was very interesting that 3 of the 4 couples broke up. One couple got engaged and one guy got engaged to one of the ladies he met on the island. I hope the next season is better.
Old 04-04-19, 10:48 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 47 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Rob V
It's the Tokyo Drift of "dating" shows... nobody is likable, nobody has any redeeming value and you'll forget about what you watched the minute you delete it from the DVR.
Absolutely dead at "Tokyo Drift of dating shows." I'm a total sucker for this genre as well and could barely make it through this season. Just awful and it's like they deliberately cast the least interesting humans on the planet.

Old 04-05-19, 08:04 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 616 Likes on 495 Posts

It was terrible.

Saw a promo for Paradise Hotel on FOX last night.
Old 04-05-19, 02:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Red Dog
It was terrible.

Saw a promo for Paradise Hotel on FOX last night.
Yes!

I think one of the issues with Temptation Island is keeping the couples separated essentially the entire season. While it makes cheating on each other much easier, it makes the bulk of the season just another crappy Bachelor spin-off until the end..
Old 04-05-19, 04:19 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Here's a little inside dirt that came out on social media. The producers filmed Evan's proposal to Morgan in that restaurant several different times - one of the bystanders caught it on their phone. They kept wanting more angles for the cameras and other issues.

It wouldn't surprise me if an episode is built around their wedding for season two.
Old 04-05-19, 05:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 382 Likes on 307 Posts

Gotta day, John was every bit of douchey and pathetic as Cady led us to believe. I thought she was a horrible bitch during the season then they showed him back home.... ugh.
Old 06-20-19, 12:34 AM
Suspended; also need updated email

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

I binged it, wasn't too bad, better than Paradise Hotel but nowhere near as good as Love Island UK

out of the 4 couples, only 1 stayed together. You wonder how real this show is

i do like the way they did the 6 month followup
Old 10-16-19, 04:50 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Last week's season two premiere with new couples seems to have been forgotten here. Once again on USA network.

If you go looking, there are pretty clear spoilers already around about the ultimate relationship status of the four couples.
Old 10-16-19, 05:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Last week's season two premiere with new couples seems to have been forgotten here. Once again on USA network.

If you go looking, there are pretty clear spoilers already around about the ultimate relationship status of the four couples.
I tried to watch the premier of S2 but I just couldn't make myself believe I wanted to watch another season so I quit after about 10 minutes. Maybe if I hear some crazy stuff happens I'll come back, but S1 was just too much time for too little entertainment return for me to give S2 a watch.

Got a link to the spoilers?
Old 10-17-19, 05:10 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I saw the spoilers on Twitter.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.