Old 07-07-03, 08:38 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
TV Star Buddy Ebsen Dies at 95

Bob Thomas
AP through MyWay.com
June 7, 2003

Read the full article here

LOS ANGELES (AP) - Buddy Ebsen, the loose-limbed dancer turned Hollywood actor who achieved stardom and riches in the television series "The Beverly Hillbillies" and "Barnaby Jones," has died, a hospital official said Monday. He was 95.

Ebsen died Sunday morning at Torrance Memorial Medical Center in Torrance, said Pam Hope, an administrative nursing supervisor. He had been admitted to the hospital, near his home in Palos Verdes Estates, last month for treatment of an undisclosed illness.

Ebsen and his sister Vilma danced through Broadway shows and MGM musicals of the 1930s. When she retired, Ebsen continued on his own, dancing with Shirley Temple and turning dramatic actor.
Even though Ebsen passed away at 95, he will be seriously missed. I even remember seeing the episodes of Barnaby Jones during its original run, which makes me feel kind of old.
Old 07-07-03, 08:52 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 616 Likes on 495 Posts
What a successful television career. I was not fan of TBH or Barnaby Jones, but you can't deny his success. A very smart man - he stuck with what was working.
Old 07-07-03, 08:56 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That's a shame, I've seen several interviews with him, and he always seemed nice and entertaining.

Well, if you count that "The Gods Must Be Crazy" guy as a "celebrity" (I don't), then there's your new group of 3. Him, Buddy Hackett, and Buddy Ebsen. Maybe we'll have another famous Buddy die soon and have a sub-set in the trios.
Old 07-07-03, 09:07 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I fondly remember watching Barnaby Jones with my grandfather. The show wasn't that good, but he enjoyed it, and it was something we did together, so that's all that mattered. He will be missed.

das
Old 07-07-03, 09:32 AM
Admin Emeritus

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
http://dvdtalk.com/forum/showthread....hreadid=303578