Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Amazing Race-LEG 5 (6/26)

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV
View Poll Results: Which team will arrive LAST at the pit stop?
Tian & Jaree (FP-4, FF-4, LP-1)
16.67%
Millie & Chuck (FP-1t) (tie)
0%
Jon & Al "The Clowns" (tie)
0%
Monica & Sheree (FF-1, LP-2)
4.17%
Reichen & Chip
4.17%
David & Jeff
4.17%
Kelly & Jon
8.33%
Steve & Dave (FP-2, LP-3,4, FF-2)
62.50%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Amazing Race-LEG 5 (6/26)

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-03, 09:16 AM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Received 110 Likes on 99 Posts
David and Jeff were clever not to go for the FF, as they knew they could outrun the old guys
Old 06-27-03, 09:35 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 74 Likes on 48 Posts
My new most disliked team: Kelly and Jon. They are just very unlikable people.
Old 06-27-03, 09:49 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
They are my most liked team! They are very very funny. I don't think anything they say is said out of malice. I think they are the team that is having the most fun and is the most natural.

The team I hate the most are the Chippendales. These guys are just wierd. Everything is super dramatic and they've made some really stupid 'didn't read the clue' mistakes.

I don't think team bar whore is going to make it much longer. Whats up with all the threats of physical violence? I want to see a cat fight!
Old 06-27-03, 09:59 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by CharlesC
They are my most liked team! They are very very funny. I don't think anything they say is said out of malice. I think they are the team that is having the most fun and is the most natural.

I disagree 100%. I think they are just bitter people who try to lift themselves up by putting each other and the other teams down.
Old 06-27-03, 10:09 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Right! Just like Seinfeld! You mean there are actually people out there that don't do this? How sad...

Old 06-27-03, 10:18 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Let's see, Seinfeld was fictional characters making fun of fictional characters, these are real people putting down real people. I see the similarities.

Making jokes about a funny situation or something similar is fine, but dogging someone's appearance and personal attacks like that just makes the 2 doing it seem very insecure. I'm sure we have all been around people who just talk about others and moan about life in general are very taxing to be around and I avoid it.

I would estimate that 95% of what they have said on the show has been negative, either about each other or other teams.

Last edited by cdollaz; 06-27-03 at 10:44 AM.
Old 06-27-03, 10:28 AM

Originally posted by Red Dog
Do these people have any idea about flights before they get to an airport? Schedules? How many tickets are available to them at each counter? Can they go to any airline? The only reason I ask is that when I heard that they were flying to Amsterdam, I presumed that they would shoot for a KLM flight since Amsterdam is likely a KLM hub and thus probably has daily non-stops to and from Marseilles.
It all depends on the clue instructions. Sometimes there are only a select number of seats on specific flights (as was the case at LAX in episode 1). Other times, the teams can go to any airline, and often don't know if any seats are available until they actually get to the counter.

Also, checking KLM's website, they don't have flights from Marseilles. They fly to Nice, instead. From Marseilles, the best options to Amsterdam (per Yahoo Travel) are Air France, British Airways, and Alitalia.
Old 06-27-03, 11:22 AM
DVD Talk Legend

The falling apart of Millie and Chuck's relationship is weird. It's strange how these "incompatibility issues" are all surfacing now. Why wouldn't they have surfaced earlier especially since they've been together for 12 years!!

The clowns in the poop-pile

I kept expecting the NFL wives to say, "As NFL wives, we go through piles of poop everyday"
Old 06-27-03, 12:04 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Interesting that they mixed the measurements for the detour, 500 kilograms or 15 feet, to give some uncertainty to the tasks. I don't think Reichip knew that 500 kilograms is just over 1100 pounds, since they seemed surprised they had to get more than their first trip.
Old 06-27-03, 12:28 PM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
All I can say is

Good riddance BFG.

Now.. I'm not sure who I want to go next.. I guess the "Virgins" as they are starting to get on my nerves.

I'm still torn between rooting for the Clowns and R & C.
Old 06-27-03, 05:17 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by cdollaz
My new most disliked team: Kelly and Jon. They are just very unlikable people.
no way!! lol, they are my new favorite team, and I agree with CharlesC....I think they seem like the most natural and realistic couple on the show. Most everyone else has used nicknames for everyone too.... Certain friends that I have and me ALWAYS make up nicknames for people in situations like this. In college we had nicknames for almost everyone and rarely used their real names when talking about them. And it was never really malicious unless we didn't like that person for other reasons than what inspired their nickname....
I don't think anything Kelly and Jon said last night was malicious at all....maybe slightly catty, but that was fun.....and realistic.

They were a team that blended into the background for me, but now I FINALLY have a clear favorite to root for......finally. Their interactions with each other too are just really believable and natural to me.

I would have chosen that FF too! Millie and Chuck were very lucky. I would have chosen that Fast Forward just to get to do it... I sort of feel bad for Chuck, lol, Millie is such a whiny nag, and he just stays silent and takes it all (although it is NOTHING near the Zach & Flo debacle from last season). I hope they stick around longer so we can see more of what is going on with them....

And as for Tian and Jarree......I wonder if this is relatively par for their friendship or if this is a complete breakdown of it. Some relationships are normally this antagonistic....
Old 06-27-03, 11:51 PM

Originally posted by Vryce
All I can say is

Good riddance BFG.

I agree. They didn't belong there in the first place. It's a race BFG's, not a sight seeing tour of Amsterdam. They seem like good guys and all, but dang I never saw a team move as slow as they did, even the grannies moved faster than these guys.