Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Amazing Race-Leg 4 (6/19)

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV
View Poll Results: Which team will arrive LAST at the pit stop?
Steve & Josh (FP-1t,3, FF-3)
3.03%
Monica & Sheree (FF-1, LP-2)
3.03%
Reichen & Chip
6.06%
Tian & Jaree (LP-1)
9.09%
Millie & Chuck (FP-1t)
0%
Jon & Al "The Clowns"
0%
David & Jeff
0%
Kelly & Jon
0%
Steve & Dave (FP-2, LP-3, FF-2)
78.79%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Amazing Race-Leg 4 (6/19)

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-03, 01:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Red Dog
I think I can safely predict that everyone will be tied for 1st half-way through the episode.

Oh, great, just great, dude: you just ruined it for me...
Old 06-19-03, 01:58 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
I think I can safely predict that everyone will be tied for 1st half-way through the episode.
Not much gets by you, does it?

Old 06-19-03, 02:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Here's hoping for a streetfight between the models and Team Coronary.
Old 06-19-03, 08:07 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 614 Likes on 493 Posts

Well it was 31 minutes in, not 30. I say Bah to re-groupings.

The episode was great just to hear the 'Supremes' pronounce Marseilles as 'Mar-Sells.' I liked the Cannonball Run aspect of this episode.
Old 06-19-03, 08:24 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
The names the teams give each other are pretty hilarious.

What did BFG stand for?

The "Supremes" was inspired.

The "Chippendales" was also funny.

The California guys are a total blank.

The Clowns don't have that much in smarts, it seems.

The redhead is a total dummy.
Old 06-19-03, 08:31 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally posted by Patman

What did BFG stand for?

The "Supremes" was inspired.

The "Chippendales" was also funny.

The California guys are a total blank.

The Clowns don't have that much in smarts, it seems.

BFG = Big Fat Guys
Old 06-19-03, 08:34 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
Originally posted by Patman

What did BFG stand for?

BFG = Big Fat Guys

The redhead (Kelly?) may not have the most common sense or the best instincts but she is still cute. Her and John are pretty funny together. They just go back and forth and give it to each other.

Too bad
Spoiler:
Josh and Steve
were eliminated.
Spoiler:
Josh
had some great soundbites.

The NFL Wives Club continues to prove everyone wrong, and the SteveDave continue on by the edge of their teeth.

Reichen and Chip are just lucky fools. They screwed up big-time and still came in fifth. They are getting really annoying though. They continually act like whiny spoiled brats.
Old 06-19-03, 11:04 PM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Received 109 Likes on 98 Posts
Sorry for
Spoiler:
tor_Greg but weezer and geezer annoyed the hell out of me so I am glad they are gone

Big up to the nfl wives as they are hauling ass.

Tian and Jarre were smart.

Reichen and chip did indeed mess up bad.

And what is up with the other all male team, they are so anonymous.

Millie and chuck should never have sex or kids, asthma and claustraphobia...
Old 06-19-03, 11:08 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
I had to laugh when the first thing out of the NFL wives was "We're married to professional athletes..."

This season seems to have a lot more "Villainous" teams than the last one.
Old 06-20-03, 12:20 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by briank
BFG = Big Fat Guys
That was a great name

Kinda a so-so episode. I really can't wait for the NFL wives to go. Their catchphrase is killing me.
Old 06-20-03, 01:01 AM

Random thoughts on the teams (from last to first):

Josh & Steve -- Though I hoped that Steve & Dave would be eliminated, J&S were my second choice. Josh really got on my nerves, and, as a team, they weren't nearly as engaging as Dennis & Andrew last season.

Steve & Dave -- After their line-cutting at LAX, they really should cut the righteous indignation crap (not to mention the threats of sabotage). Karma's a b*tch, guys, and you should realize that that little airport stunt with Josh & Steve helped set the tone for this entire race.

Kelly & Jon -- Disliking them more each week. At times, Kelly is almost as irritating as such previous dysfunctional females as Flo or Tara. And Jon's discourse on female orgasm graphically illustrated his own particular brand of obnoxiousness. They show every sign of being a marriage made in Hell.

David & Jeff -- Still pretty invisible, but what we see of them isn't very heartening. Just put these guys on a hill after a Detour -- first in Italy, then in France -- and watch them flounder around trying to find the Route Marker afterwards.

Chip & Reichen -- I don't see them as the "villains" that many others do. They undoubtedly feel persecuted (having been targeted from the beginning), and constantly seem to be torn between being overly aggressive and trying to play nice. Since most of the other teams have it in for them anyway, I wish they would just go for it.

Monica & Sheree -- Definitely have more on the ball (being "married to professional athletes" as they constantly remind us) and not the tag-alongs that they appeared to be at the beginning of the race. Still think that the early use of the Fast Forward will come back to haunt them (though they could pull a "Rob & Brennan" and go on to win it all).

Jon & Al -- They actually seem to be a fairly functional team. (Although I, for one, am tired of the clowning stuff, finding it forced and unfunny.) When they don't pull that schtick, they're a bit bland, but seem OK.

Millie & Chuck -- Rapidly becoming my least favorite team. Millie grates on me no end, and Chuck just seems to be a total wimp. ("I don't like hot, tight places." LOL)

Tian & Jaree -- Like her/hate her. Tian continues to impress me with her focus & drive, whereas Jaree is nothing more than a whiny, self-pitying piece of dead weight.

Four episodes in, and I still don't have a team that I'm rooting for -- though there are several that I'm rooting against. All of the above opinions are, of course, subject to change.
Old 06-20-03, 01:23 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Departure Times
Steve & Josh (FP-1t,3, FF-3)_- 2:57 AM
Monica & Sheree (FF-1, LP-2)_- 3:51 AM
Reichen & Chip - 3:53 AM
Tian & Jaree (LP-1)_- 3:57 AM
Millie & Chuck (FP-1t)_- 4:43 AM
Jon & Al "The Clowns"_- 4:47 AM
David & Jeff_- 4:57 AM
Kelly & Jon_- 5:00 AM
Steve & Dave (FP-2, LP-3, FF-2) - 6:04 AM

Time differential: 3:07
Old 06-20-03, 03:08 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

What they didn't show was that during the drive to the final destination, they got wrong directions THREE TIMES because of a minor mispronounciation and got sent 400 miles out of the way.

They also didn't show them running out of gas because Steve fell asleep in the car with the heater on when they were all parked at the bunch-up point. They had to take a cab to a gas station, buy two gallons of water, dump out the water, then they made a funnel out of a rolled up map and a cut-in-half water bottle, MacGyver-style.
Old 06-20-03, 06:07 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by tor_greg
What they didn't show was that during the drive to the final destination, they got wrong directions THREE TIMES because of a minor mispronounciation and got sent 400 miles out of the way.
I sure seems like minor mispronounciation problems happen all over the place in this show!
Old 06-20-03, 07:40 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I had no idea that Monica & Sheree were NFL wives. I'm glad they reminded me at the beginning of the episode.

Right now, this should be called the Eurpoean Race. When the hell are they getting out of Europe?
Old 06-20-03, 07:45 AM
DVD Talk God

They also didn't show them running out of gas because Steve fell asleep in the car with the heater on when they were all parked at the bunch-up point. They had to take a cab to a gas station, buy two gallons of water, dump out the water, then they made a funnel out of a rolled up map and a cut-in-half water bottle, MacGyver-style.

Yeah - WTF. I had no idea why they were so far behind the others. Why in the world would they not show this. It certainly seems more important (since they finished last) than Ace & Gary of the Gay Duo walking down the wrong path. That was some poor editing decision by the producers.
Old 06-20-03, 07:54 AM
DVD Talk Legend

That was some poor editing decision by the producers.
You're right, once they actually got around to showing them again, I couldn't remember why they were so far behind to begin with.
Old 06-20-03, 08:15 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 70 Likes on 46 Posts
Kelly was described in last nite's episode perfectly: "catty." I can't imagine the living hell it would be to have to live with her.
Old 06-20-03, 08:16 AM

Originally posted by Chew
I sure seems like minor mispronounciation problems happen all over the place in this show!
Which is pretty strange when you think about it. The teams have the clue with the name of the destination on them, so they could easily show that to the people they are asking directions of. In fact, we've seen several teams do just that. Otherwise the NFL Wives might still be driving around France looking for "Mar-sells".

Originally posted by Iron Chef
When the hell are they getting out of Europe?
You're about to get your wish. Episode 6 (on July 3) will find the teams
Spoiler:
in Bombay.
Old 06-20-03, 09:01 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,931 Likes on 1,493 Posts
I don't necessarily like Reichen & Chip, and they screwed up big time twice in this episode (the plane tickets and the hiking), but they did the stand-up thing by going to the back of the line. They did get there first, after all, and they had just as much right to be in front by a "twist of fate" that anyone else did. The other teams played the morality card, but it was total BS. And didn't C and R get to the initial airport before the girls, and still almost miss the plane because somehow the girls got their tickets earlier?

Is the Amazing Race always like this? Where there's so much dissension between team members (or at least, that's all that they show) that it's really hard to find redeeming qualities about any of them. Or, I guess if you're a stand-up guy, you either lose early or don't get as much screentime as the bickering/complaining players.
Old 06-20-03, 09:05 AM
Banned

How do you know this? Is this from some website?

FS
Old 06-20-03, 09:16 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
tor_greg is buddies with Josh.
Old 06-20-03, 09:19 AM

They also forgot to show the humorous part where the clowns went in that McDonalds..ate a couple Royale with Cheese, met the French Ronald McDonald and kicked his a$$ with some American clown posse.
Old 06-20-03, 10:47 AM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Received 109 Likes on 98 Posts
I honestly don't know how you can drive 400 miles out of the way while trying to find Marseilles, its a huge city in France, and quite easy to find, its not like they sent them to a tiny tiny place.

They had maps, or should have. France is not like the US, in that its no more than 500 mile from paris to marseilles.

I was surprised at how dark it was when they arrived, and the fact that they were looking around at sunset and taking there time.
Old 06-20-03, 10:48 AM
DVD Talk God

Originally posted by BadlyDrawnBoy
I honestly don't know how you can drive 400 miles out of the way while trying to find Marseilles, its a huge city in France, and quite easy to find, its not like they sent them to a tiny tiny place.

They had maps, or should have. France is not like the US, in that its no more than 500 mile from paris to marseilles.

I was surprised at how dark it was when they arrived, and the fact that they were looking around at sunset and taking there time.

From what tor_greg said above, they didn't get lost going to Marseilles (remember that they were at the bunch-up point with the rest of them). They got lost going to the final destination.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.