Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Reality show "For Love And Money" on NBC

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-03, 11:47 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This Rob guy is a major dickhead. It's just hit the news that he was kicked out of the military for groping a female cadet. Somehow, I get the feeling that the winner is gonna feel fine grabbing the million and RUNNING.
Old 06-10-03, 12:10 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Paige...

the HOTTEST thing to grace a television since JLH!!! Oh man the things I'd do to her! He let her go....which is a good thing...***looks up NBC's number***
Old 06-10-03, 12:52 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I might think Paige is cute... but I just can't, she looks waaaaay too young, and I'm actually a year younger than here!

Damn, sad to see
Spoiler:
Christina
go!
Old 06-10-03, 06:11 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Paige looked pretty sexy in that black dress!..She`s the type of girl who's all cute and sweet but once you get her in bedroom she turns into an animal
Old 06-10-03, 08:11 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally posted by isamu
Paige...

the HOTTEST thing to grace a television since JLH!!! Oh man the things I'd do to her! He let her go....which is a good thing...***looks up NBC's number***
www.lovepaigejones.com

you've been warned.
Old 06-10-03, 08:20 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 618 Likes on 497 Posts
This is a great reality show.

"Pull my boots off!" "Now you turn around and pull them off!"

I don't think this guy will be phased one bit if the woman he ultimately picks bolts. He seems to be all about who he can nail.

Damn NBC and their runovers. I missed what he said to the last 2 girls. Reading above, I guess he got rid of Stacey.

I will also miss Christina - great cleavage.
Old 06-10-03, 09:06 AM
Banned

They should have picked someone who is a better talker. They way he talks during the dismissals sucks.
Old 06-10-03, 09:22 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Stacey said that Rob just didn't know how to handle a woman like her (because he was discombobulated by her presence).
Old 06-10-03, 09:26 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
This show is just sad.
Old 06-10-03, 10:13 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I'll miss Christina's rack, that's fo' sho'.
Old 06-10-03, 10:23 AM
DVD Talk Legend

So did this guy apoligize of his own will, or do you think that the producers told him he better get back into their good books? I haven't watched it yet, so I don't really know...
Old 06-10-03, 10:26 AM
DVD Talk God

Originally posted by movieking
So did this guy apoligize of his own will, or do you think that the producers told him he better get back into their good books? I haven't watched it yet, so I don't really know...

I'm sure the producers told him what the women collectively said about him afterwards and told him that he better apologize.
Old 06-10-03, 11:09 AM
Banned

Reality Show to Air Despite Star's Past
Jun 10, 11:05 am ET

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - NBC has become the latest network to discover an unpleasant reality about one of its reality TV shows.
The network on Monday said it would continue to air the reality series "For Love or Money," despite discovering that its star hid the fact he left the U.S. Marine Corps after being disciplined for groping a female officer.

In a statement, NBC said the incident involving attorney Rob Campos was not a matter of public record and as such was not uncovered by the investigators who did background checks for the show.

"Nor did Mr. Campos inform the producers about the incident," NBC said. "Clearly, this would have been material information during the screening process."

Campos, in a statement, said; "I have apologized to NBC .... for not informing them about the incident. I had believed that it was a private matter that had been resolved."

An NBC spokeswoman told Reuters the show would air to completion and would not be affected by the incident. She also said the incident would not be disclosed on-air. In the six-episode show, Campos chooses a prospective mate from among 15 beautiful women -- not knowing that the woman he picks receives $1 million.

Broadcast networks have been stung repeatedly in recent years by revelations of the criminal or otherwise unsavory backgrounds of reality show participants.

Fox removed a contestant from its "American Idol" competition this season after discovering she had posed topless on a Web site, while a number of contestants in CBS's "Big Brother" series have been fingered for behavior like drunk driving and assault in recent years.

The details of Campos' background first appeared Monday on legal information Web site The Smoking Gun.

The site, citing an account of the incident provided by the female officer in an interview, said Campos rushed into the woman's room and grabbed her breasts. The woman said she struck Campos in the groin with her knee, causing him to enter the woman's bathroom and vomit.

Campos, who spoke briefly to the Web site, said the woman had made advances toward him but said he could not recall groping her, being struck, or vomiting.

NBC's media site describes Campos as a "handsome and charming Dallas defense attorney." Campos' biography on the Web site of the Mathur Law Offices said that after his Marine Corps training, Campos served in the JAG Corps, the military legal branch. But according to the Smoking Gun, Campos was pulled out of Judge Advocate General training after the incident.

The first episode of the show, which aired last Monday, was strong for the network, particularly among audiences aged 18 to 49, the core demographic for advertisers.
Old 06-11-03, 10:18 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I've watched parts of two different episodes of this show.

Some people made fun of Evan Mariott ("Joe Millionaire"), but he did a great job. This guy (Rob) is just boring and appears stupid.
Old 06-11-03, 12:12 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by icondude
They should have picked someone who is a better talker. They way he talks during the dismissals sucks.
I would hate to see him in court.....this guy needs a Dale Carnegie course...duh, umm, we, uhh had a good time, doah..
Old 06-11-03, 12:19 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally posted by Heat
This guy (Rob) is just boring and appears stupid.

That's what makes it all the better. I wish he was ugly too. I just want to see the remaining women whore themselves out just to get that $1M. If he was a decent guy who had a lot of personality, this would not be nearly as enjoyable.
Old 06-11-03, 04:07 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by Red Dog
That's what makes it all the better. I wish he was ugly too.
You find this guy remotely handsome/attractive?! He was slight on looks from the get go - certainly wouldn't turn heads on the street like Evan "Joe Millionaire" probably does.

Ugh - [Pee Wee Herman voice]I've seen better heads on BOILS![/Pee Wee Herman voice]
Old 06-11-03, 09:12 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Entertainment Tonight reported that Rob's law firm fired him after hearing news of his drunken groping of a female naval officer 4 years ago.
Old 06-12-03, 04:30 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Here is the canoe.ca article:

NBC dating show star fired from job
By JOEL ANDERSON -- Associated Press
DALLAS -- Rob Campos, the bachelor star of NBC's dating game "For Love or Money," has a choice of women. But he no longer has his job.

The Dallas law firm where he did independent contract work has let Campos go. The founder of Mathur Law Offices, Sanjay Mathur, said Wednesday the firm was severing its ties with him.

Mathur was unhappy with reports that Campos had been expelled from a military program in 1999 for drunkenly groping a female officer. He also didn't like Campos' behavior in the show's second episode this week, an alcohol-soaked party with him and 10 women in a hot tub.

"What we do not want is negative publicity in relation to our firm," Mathur said. "We are obviously very concerned about our reputation and how prospective clients might feel about our regard for their rights."

An NBC spokeswoman didn't immediately return a call for comment, and Campos couldn't be located on Wednesday.

The 33-year-old Campos is the star of a romantic fantasy game, where he must choose a potential mate from among 15 women. The woman will be asked to choose between Campos and a $1 million prize.

The second of six episodes aired Monday night, with Campos alienating many of the women by making drunken romantic overtures to nearly all of them in the hot tub.

The Web site The Smoking Gun, which has specialized in uncovering embarrassing incidents in the pasts of reality TV stars, on Monday revealed the incident that took place while Campos wa stationed at the Naval Justice School in Newport, R.I., in 1999.

The 27-year-old woman kneed Campos in the groin, he collapsed, and she fled the room, the report said. He then allegedly vomited all over the woman's bathroom.

The incident effectively ended his military career.

"I was absolutely shocked," Mathur said. "I don't want to see my hard work go to waste based on a decision Mr. Campos made."

Lawyers need to be held in the highest regard, he said.

Campos had worked for Mathur Law Offices as an associate attorney since December 2001.

Mathur said he told Campos of the decision on Tuesday.
Old 06-12-03, 07:34 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Ouch, usually you get some kind of fame with these reality shows, even if you are "the bad guy" and it helps your career.

This may be the first time in a while where it really hurts.

None of the girls like him, and now getting fired from the job.
Old 06-12-03, 08:32 AM
Banned

When this show is over, he will have no job and no girlfriend. But I kind of feel he deserves it.
Old 06-12-03, 11:52 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 194 Likes on 167 Posts
This Rob guy is a moron for withholding such information about his past. He thought nobody would find out... And this guy is acutally a lawyer?
Old 06-12-03, 12:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Just watched this weeks episode. If there was no money or television exposure involved, all of these chicks would have left this moron.
Old 06-12-03, 12:12 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally posted by ~~ PAL ~~
This Rob guy is a moron for withholding such information about his past. He thought nobody would find out... And this guy is acutally a lawyer?

NBC didn't find out and it something that can be easily be found with a simple backround check. His employer didn't find out either. He probably never thought he would get that far, so once he did, he probably figured that he was scot free.
Old 06-12-03, 12:14 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally posted by movieking
Just watched this weeks episode. If there was no money or television exposure involved, all of these chicks would have left this moron.

Precisely why it makes this one so great to watch. I want to see how far these chicks are willing to go with a man they can't stand for $1M.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.