Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Are "Buffy"'s even shown in order on FX?

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-03, 11:22 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

okay, so I've never seen an episode of "Buffy". Does FX every show them in order, or are the DVD sets the only why to catch them in order? I have a 143 hour DTivo, and figured this summer would be a good time to catch up with all the repeats if they are shown in order.
Old 05-19-03, 11:30 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Last year, FX Buffy was pretty much shown in order (except for a few season 5 episodes that UPN would not allow them to show). But nowadays, you'd have to do some footwork and find a Buffy episode title guide, and match that up with FX Buffy episodes being shown.
Old 05-19-03, 01:05 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
they've been hopping around quite a bit lately.
Old 05-19-03, 01:17 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Yea, they hop around a lot, I dont know why they cant just show stuff in order!
Old 05-19-03, 02:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 257 Likes on 181 Posts
From what I can tell, FX mostly shows the episodes in order, two episodes back-to-back every evening which are then repeated the next morning. But on days where the evening time slots are pre-empted for other programming (a movie or whatnot), the next morning they put on random episodes, usually from Season 6 it seems.

Then at certain times they have "Fan's Choice" days, which could fall anytime the network feels like doing it.

So, the episodes are mostly in order, but they are not entirely consistent. If you want to be certain you're watching Buffy the right way from start to finish, you should stick with the DVD sets.
Old 05-19-03, 08:34 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
I've been re-watching the show on FX and they show them in order in the evenings.

If you're a morning watcher you just have to watch out for when its pre-empted in the evening cause you'll get a random episode thrown in there. Only happens a every couple of weeks or so.

A couple seconds a week should make you more than prepared for the week's viewing, and its a lot cheaper than the DVD's. They just started Season 4 and in a few weeks it'll be Season 5, which, not available in DVD in the states.
Old 05-19-03, 10:42 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I would recommend getting an episode guide so you watch them in order.

I had never seen an episode of Buffy until I bought Season 1 on a whim. Fortunatly FX was right at the begining of Season 2 and I got to see them in order. It's a great show, and it was worth the trouble.
Old 05-20-03, 01:07 AM
nny
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'm surprised nobody mentioned FX's website.

http://www.fxnetworks.com/shows/hits/buffy.html

They have a full schedule that goes all the way to the end of June and they have an episode guide. I watched the first 5 seasons of Buffy on FX and their website really helped.

It looks like season 1 will probably start mid-July. Also, they're showing the first 2 episodes of Buffy Tuesday night/Wednesday morning if you want to get a jump-start.