Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Six Feet Under - 5/18/03

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Six Feet Under - 5/18/03

Old 05-19-03, 07:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You would think if he were lying about the textbook, though, he would have lied about being married six times.
Old 05-19-03, 07:53 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That is just to make her feel sorry for him and draw her deeper into his web of deceit!

Brian
Old 05-19-03, 08:25 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Do you really think a guy who writes textbooks on Plate Tectonics, listed every college he's ever worked at, and revealed the details about six previous marriages is really trying to hide by not having his photo in the book?

I'd be more worried about his cavalier attitude about his dead wives. "You have six wives, a few of them are going to die", or something like that.
Old 05-19-03, 09:35 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It's turned out to be a great season after some subpar early episodes in my opinion.

I can't wait for the finale but i'll miss this show.

Too bad HBO's seasons are only 13 episodes instead
of the network normof 22-24.
Old 05-19-03, 10:50 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Considering Ruth's family business, dead wives probably don't phase Ruth as much as other women he's courting.
Old 05-20-03, 10:43 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 136 Likes on 107 Posts
Originally posted by Frank TJ Mackey

Too bad HBO's seasons are only 13 episodes instead
of the network normof 22-24.
Agreed, but shorter seasons mean better shows because there's a lot less pressure on the writers and production crew.
Old 05-21-03, 08:06 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 388 Likes on 278 Posts
Great episode! Can't wait for two weeks I only saw it last night and I almost wish I'd waited a little longer to see it.

I did get the impersion that a few weeks had gone by since the last episode. Last time we saw Nate he was parked in Lisa's car at the beach, Ruth mentioned to Cromwell that her daughter in law had been missing for weeks or two weeks.

Also an neat reavalation that Lisa did in fact drink Dr. Pepper, makes you wonder about the year or so they were together how well he knew his wife.

My first thought when he had no picture on the jacket was he was a con man, it helps to have an elaborate history when your on the con. I'm not a widower but I can't imagne a trip to Lowes would be painful, I acutally find it easier to shop their without having to go looking for my wife when I'm ready to leave.

The abortion clinic was scary, four names at time?!?
How impersonal, I thought Claire was wrestling with what to do with the baby in her earlier scene with Maya as well.

I also half expected Lisa to walk in on Nate and the pipe girl (are those pipes supposed to mean she's a man eater? )

As for the finale:
Spoiler:
No one has mentioned it could also be Billy that is dead...

I personally however like my pet theroy that Nate Dies again at the end of the season and comes back in another alteraNate reality. The series could truly spin out in a new direction if they did that.

I'm also doubtful that Lisa is back, seems like another dream sequence set up to me.

just my 2 cents.
Old 05-21-03, 09:54 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 839 Likes on 586 Posts
I don't know if there's enough motivation or anything, and I'm probably going out on a limb here - but could we possible see this happen in the finale (or maybe even next season):

Spoiler:
a murder/suicide involving Russell and Olivier?

Russell may be suicidal over losing Claire, and he may blame Olivier for this (plus he generally hates the guy) - so he "off's" Olivier then himself.

I had that feeling as soon as Claire broke it off with Russell.

You kill 2 birds with 1 stone in this scenario

Last edited by Coral; 05-21-03 at 06:51 PM.