Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Bachelor season finale 05/18

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Bachelor season finale 05/18

Old 05-18-03, 10:05 PM
  #1  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Montreal, Canada
Posts: 2,202
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bachelor season finale 05/18

Any opionons out there as to whom he'll choose???

I must admit that Kirsten has got to be the most annoying person ever she's as phony as a $3 dollar bill and her hyperactive voice drives me nuts

Even Andrew's family looked at her like wtf is up with this chick??

Jen would clearly make a better wife in the long run. Let's hope he thinks with his head as oppose to his dick!
Old 05-18-03, 11:00 PM
  #2  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Location: Duluth, GA, USA
Posts: 37,782
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hooray!

Andrew wised up and picked Jen. Jen was my pick pretty much from the start.

Kirsten was just an immature, superficial girl with not much upstairs, and his family picked up on it.

So...does anyone know if they are really getting married, or are they already broken up by now?

Last edited by Patman; 05-19-03 at 08:36 AM.
Old 05-18-03, 11:16 PM
  #3  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Montreal, Canada
Posts: 2,202
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Patman.

I think this couple WILL make it to the aisle unlike the previous 2 bachelors. They both seem really sincere but one never knows

PS. I guess it's back to that poor stiff waiting at the airport for Kirsten..
Old 05-19-03, 02:01 AM
  #4  
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 1999
Location: UNITED STATES!
Posts: 2,533
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hahaha, after the way she acted on the show it's no doubt her old boyfriend would have dumped her too.
Old 05-19-03, 08:38 AM
  #5  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Location: Duluth, GA, USA
Posts: 37,782
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Loved the conversation between Andrew and his big brother. The curse words were flying in that brotherly chat.

You could tell none of Andrew's sisters were all that impressed by Kirsten. They saw through Kirsten's bubbleheadedness.
Old 05-19-03, 09:24 AM
  #6  
DVD Talk God
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Directionally Challenged (for DirecTV)
Posts: 123,197
Likes: 0
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I was shocked. I thought it would be Kirsten all the way. Andrew played it right - he nailed Kirsten on the overnight date and proposed to Jen. Andrew - just don't go for the kids right away - Jen looks very good now but I have a feeling her body won't be quite the same after having a kid.

I have a feeling that we haven't seen the last of Kirsten. Given her good looks, she could be the next Bachelorette.
Old 05-19-03, 10:38 AM
  #7  
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Location: Albany, NY
Posts: 4,097
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Red Dog

I have a feeling that we haven't seen the last of Kirsten. Given her good looks, she could be the next Bachelorette.
I doubt it, the way ABC "told the story" you as the viewer were supposed to not like her.
It was the girl that just ran off and left the boyfriend waiting that doesn't get along with anyone in the house VS. the good wholesome all-american girl that everyone loves, Jenn.

Same as the last Bachelorette.
From day one, it was the "player" Charlie VS. the sensitive guy you were supposed to love Ryan.

Sometimes you can't see it from the beginning, but in hindsight it is always clear from day one the story they were telling with the final two.

With this season they clearly had more footage from all the one-on-one dates with Kirsten, but they built up that old boyfriend angle from day one. From not getting along with anyone in the house (it's one thing if 3 girls are jealous of you, it's another if none of the 24 can stand you), to leaving the boyfriend "waiting", the it being downplayed and "explained" by Kirsten and her friend in FL, then it brewing back up last night with Andrew's brother and him reading between the lines.

As an audience I feel the way it was edited you were not supposed to like Kirsten, and in hindsight clear he wasn't choosing her.
Because as a whole (I know there are exceptions) you (the audience) doesn't like her, and as a concept of the show, they want the audience to be HAPPY with the ending or else they would lose interest in future seasons. So they tell the story to fit those angles.
If he chose her, they could have LEFT OUT 100% of the conversations or references to old boyfriends without ANYONE noticing. That is very simple to do.
Old 05-19-03, 12:32 PM
  #8  
DVD Talk God
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Directionally Challenged (for DirecTV)
Posts: 123,197
Likes: 0
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
RECORD ALERT for those planning on recording the 'post-game' Bachelor that is on Wednesday. It is under a different title than 'The Bachelor' so Replay Channels and TIVO Season Passes won't catch it.
Old 05-19-03, 12:38 PM
  #9  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Montreal, Canada
Posts: 2,202
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by briank
I doubt it, the way ABC "told the story" you as the viewer were supposed to not like her.
It was the girl that just ran off and left the boyfriend waiting that doesn't get along with anyone in the house VS. the good wholesome all-american girl that everyone loves, Jenn.

Same as the last Bachelorette.
From day one, it was the "player" Charlie VS. the sensitive guy you were supposed to love Ryan.

Sometimes you can't see it from the beginning, but in hindsight it is always clear from day one the story they were telling with the final two.

With this season they clearly had more footage from all the one-on-one dates with Kirsten, but they built up that old boyfriend angle from day one. From not getting along with anyone in the house (it's one thing if 3 girls are jealous of you, it's another if none of the 24 can stand you), to leaving the boyfriend "waiting", the it being downplayed and "explained" by Kirsten and her friend in FL, then it brewing back up last night with Andrew's brother and him reading between the lines.

As an audience I feel the way it was edited you were not supposed to like Kirsten, and in hindsight clear he wasn't choosing her.
Because as a whole (I know there are exceptions) you (the audience) doesn't like her, and as a concept of the show, they want the audience to be HAPPY with the ending or else they would lose interest in future seasons. So they tell the story to fit those angles.
If he chose her, they could have LEFT OUT 100% of the conversations or references to old boyfriends without ANYONE noticing. That is very simple to do.
Very well said
Old 05-19-03, 12:38 PM
  #10  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Location: Duluth, GA, USA
Posts: 37,782
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
All you had to do was listen to how Kirsten spoke (like a teenager at times), and then what she said (of little substance), to know that Kirsten was all of ammo by the visit with Andrew's family.
Old 05-19-03, 12:40 PM
  #11  
DVD Talk God
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Directionally Challenged (for DirecTV)
Posts: 123,197
Likes: 0
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Maybe I heard wrong but did not Andrew say that Kirsten had the edge going into the family visit. If true, I have to wonder about how in love he can be with Jen.
Old 05-19-03, 12:54 PM
  #12  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Location: Duluth, GA, USA
Posts: 37,782
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I found Andrew to vacillate from moment to moment, and he was spastic in some instance, and definitely not a smooth talker when he's uncomfortable (like when he tried to get to the truth about Kirsten and Bill on their last date in the kitchen).
Old 05-19-03, 02:01 PM
  #13  
Cool New Member
 
Join Date: Jul 1999
Posts: 48
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think he said at one pt, he was leaning towards Kirsten, after she met his parents but after hearing what his brother said about her, he didn't know...
Old 05-19-03, 02:14 PM
  #14  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Location: Duluth, GA, USA
Posts: 37,782
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The brother could smell a gold digger when he saw Kirsten.
Old 05-19-03, 03:11 PM
  #15  
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
lwhy?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Nashville and Crossville, TN
Posts: 4,873
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I am glad this season of the Bachelor is over Kirsten was the most annoying woman I have ever seen or heard in my life. She cannot talk. Every sentences she utters from her mouth has the words "like", "totally", or "definately" in it. I do not know how someone can talk like that. It seemed that she could not formulate an intelligent sentence last night. Well I think the next bachelor will be good since
Spoiler:
Funny man Bob from the Bachelorette will be the next Bachelor
Old 05-19-03, 03:19 PM
  #16  
DVD Talk God
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Directionally Challenged (for DirecTV)
Posts: 123,197
Likes: 0
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by lwhy?
I am glad this season of the Bachelor is over Kirsten was the most annoying woman I have ever seen or heard in my life. She cannot talk. Every sentences she utters from her mouth has the words "like", "totally", or "definately" in it. I do not know how someone can talk like that. It seemed that she could not formulate an intelligent sentence last night.

Helene from the last Bachelor was far more annoying. She giggled after everything she said. It is no wonder that Aaron broke up with her.
Old 05-20-03, 05:14 AM
  #17  
Cool New Member
 
Join Date: Jul 1999
Posts: 48
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
She was annoying and not well read... however, lookswise, she was the hottest female to ever have gone on Bachelor or Bachelorette, Trista a close second...
Old 05-20-03, 08:26 AM
  #18  
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Location: Albany, NY
Posts: 4,097
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah Bachelor Bob will be fun to watch.
Old 05-20-03, 08:51 AM
  #19  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: Zürich, Switzerland
Posts: 5,278
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by briank
Yeah Bachelor Bob will be fun to watch.
But do you really see him doing the Running Man in front of all the ladies...

This will be interesting with him as the guy everyone is trying to impress...
Old 05-20-03, 09:55 AM
  #20  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Location: Duluth, GA, USA
Posts: 37,782
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I re-watched Kirsten and Jen's visit with Andrew's family, and it was quite funny to listen to Kirsten fast-talk her way out of a luxurious lifestyle. She was speaking at a 15 word/second clip (which is very fast) it seems. She was so vapid and non-specific about everything. It was basically like Andrew brought in the sorority party girl who's still in college and doesn't know anything about the real world. You could tell Andrew's sister (the short haired one) really took to Jen in a big way.

But, what was with Andrew's dad's perma-grin on this face? That was a bit off-putting as the family dinner footage wore on.
Old 05-20-03, 12:15 PM
  #21  
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Location: Albany, NY
Posts: 4,097
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Patman
I re-watched Kirsten and Jen's visit with Andrew's family, and it was quite funny to listen to Kirsten fast-talk her way out of a luxurious lifestyle. She was speaking at a 15 word/second clip (which is very fast) it seems. She was so vapid and non-specific about everything. It was basically like Andrew brought in the sorority party girl who's still in college and doesn't know anything about the real world. You could tell Andrew's sister (the short haired one) really took to Jen in a big way.

But, what was with Andrew's dad's perma-grin on this face? That was a bit off-putting as the family dinner footage wore on.
My favorite part was basically watching Kirsten say
"I'm very ambitious and there are a lot of things I want to do in my life"
Andrew's sister: "like what for example?"
Kirsten: "uh, hmm, uh I'm not sure sure what exactly".

Which is really the opposite of ambitious in many ways.
It just went on to show that really she was just talking fluff and what she thought "sounded good" to impress.
If you are going to try and come off like a determined woman and a "go-getter" you'd think you could have atleast ONE example of what you wanted to do.
Old 05-20-03, 12:19 PM
  #22  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Location: Duluth, GA, USA
Posts: 37,782
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
She should have just said: "I'm ambitious in that I want to marry into a rich family and not have to sign a pre-nup."
Old 05-20-03, 12:20 PM
  #23  
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Location: Albany, NY
Posts: 4,097
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Cheddarmuff
But do you really see him doing the Running Man in front of all the ladies...

This will be interesting with him as the guy everyone is trying to impress...
Well I think from the Bachelorette, and from his interviews afterwords, and from being on Oprah a few times I think he and ABC know why people resonded to him so well, and that is why they picked him for the Bachelor.

I think he knows this and will have some sense of commitment to continue atleast to some extent the goofy antics.

I will be interesting to see him try to put on the romantic moves, as we never even came close to seeing that with Trista.
I'm not sure how that will work.

And yes it'll be interesting watching the girls go after him.
First, kind of like the Bachlorette, they "contestants" KNOW who they are playing for. So will they try to be goofy too thinking that is what he wants?

I was suprised (when I saw him on Oprah) how much weight he lost. I guess when he was on the show he just had surgery from some football injury and couldn't work out so he ballooned up, and so really 1/2 his jokes about it was because he knew he would get back into shape.
Old 05-21-03, 10:23 PM
  #24  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Location: Duluth, GA, USA
Posts: 37,782
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Bachelor: Aftermath

I thought this recap was sort of fun, and the outtakes were really funny. The best outtake was when the jeweler told Jen that she wasn't going to get a rose, her reaction was priceless, and then the jeweler's reaction to Jen's reaction was 10 times priceless.

Andrew has to be a spaz in real life. The couple look really happy, hope it works out for them.

Kirsten is still a bit bitter, but she got outclassed.

Bob (the next Bachelor) is still a riot, but he will have to tone it down (or none of the women will take him seriously).
Old 05-21-03, 11:42 PM
  #25  
DVD Talk Hero
 
B.A.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: East County
Posts: 33,362
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Patman
The Bachelor: Aftermath

I thought this recap was sort of fun, and the outtakes were really funny. The best outtake was when the jeweler told Jen that she wasn't going to get a rose, her reaction was priceless, and then the jeweler's reaction to Jen's reaction was 10 times priceless.

Andrew has to be a spaz in real life. The couple look really happy, hope it works out for them.

Kirsten is still a bit bitter, but she got outclassed.

Bob (the next Bachelor) is still a riot, but he will have to tone it down (or none of the women will take him seriously).
I thought the recap went well, too. The jeweler's reaction to Jenn scared me kind off. I thought he was a little of his rocker.

Andrew is definitely the most likeable of the three Bachelor's so far. The first, Alex, was a tool and the second, Aaron, was another tool. Though Andrew is wealthy (all of them have been, right?) he still seems to be pretty well-adjusted and normal. He doesn't come across as a pretentious, self-absorbed snob, etc...But I have liked him since the Cosby interview on Letterman.

The couple actually does look truly happy together. They mesh well, which was especially noticeable when they looked back over some clips. I think this one might actually have a chance in hell of lasting, but maybe Trista and Ryan will, too.

I am still happy as hell he ditched the gold-digger, Kirsten. That girl didn't have much going on up there, and if there was anything - they were $$$$ signs. What's amazing is how his family took to Jenn so quickly and how differently they reacted to Kirsten - "so what are your ambitions...".

Bachelor Bob looks to be an entertaining improvement over the first two dunces, too.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.