Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

24 05/13/03

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-03, 11:19 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
At this point, I'd do PPV to see Michelle bitch-slap Carrie in a steel caged match.
Old 05-14-03, 11:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Patman
At this point, I'd do PPV to see Michelle bitch-slap Carrie in a steel caged match.
Or mud wrestling.
Old 05-14-03, 11:36 AM
Enormous Genitals

Location: a small cottage on a cul de sac in the lower pits of hell.
Received 589 Likes on 337 Posts
naked mud wrestling!
Old 05-14-03, 11:55 AM
Cool New Member

This show amazes me in its ability to keep me on the edge of my seat... for 24 hours straight.

My question: Didn't Jack tell Kate to call the police and meet them at the house with Kim? Where's the police? Did Kate not call them? Kate didn't arrive for what, like 30 or 40 minutes. Looks pretty suspicious.

And there's no way they can wrap all this up in one hour.
Old 05-14-03, 11:58 AM

Originally posted by Bandoman
naked mud wrestling!
can we throw in Kim somewhere in there?
Old 05-14-03, 11:59 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Kate managed to do her hair in a pretty style before getting to Kim.
Old 05-14-03, 12:00 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally posted by DJ_Spyder

Can't wait for Palmer to bust Mike down to mailroom clerk.

Oooooh, you got that right!!!!! I love Dennis Haybert's acting. He's not going into fits, he's dignified he is the president...but you can see in his eyes that he is simmering, if looks could kill.....
Old 05-14-03, 12:01 PM

Originally posted by MrHappyToes
This show amazes me in its ability to keep me on the edge of my seat... for 24 hours straight.

My question: Didn't Jack tell Kate to call the police and meet them at the house with Kim? Where's the police? Did Kate not call them? Kate didn't arrive for what, like 30 or 40 minutes. Looks pretty suspicious.

And there's no way they can wrap all this up in one hour.
I thought the police wasn't there because of all the rioting that was going on. But as it was proven earlier, I could be wrong
Old 05-14-03, 12:19 PM

Originally posted by Bandoman
The constitutional crisis written into this show is so monumentally larger than the terrorist issue, and it's almost being glossed over.
Amen to that. I keep wondering, what the heck are those elementary school president posters going to look like? Palmer, 44th pres, Prescott, 44.5th pres, Palmer again. Or maybe one of those 'reflections' photos where Palmer is head on and we get a side view of Prescott?

I agree with all who say there's too much to wrap up in an hour. And how the hell was/is Jack's plan going to work when he has no backup? I think the only way for this to even get partly resolved is for Sherry to contact Prescott directly.

Does anyone know if Keifer signed on for Season 3?
Old 05-14-03, 12:20 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 140 Likes on 111 Posts
Originally posted by TheEdge21
Don't you know in Jack Bauer's world, you can get anywhere in LA in 30-45 minutes. But he was in North Hollywood (I grew up there woo hoo) and Colliseum is about 30 to 45 min drive depending on the traffic
I forgot what day of the week it is on 24. If it's a Sunday at 7 AM, North Hollywood to the Coliseum should be about 20-25 minutes, a little longer on Saturday, and about 45 minutes or more Monday-Friday.
Old 05-14-03, 12:37 PM
toq

Originally posted by MrHappyToes
If I recall correctly, Jack actually asked Kate to send the police officer (that was assigned to her for protection) to go pick up Kim. However, Kate had already sent him off/away and so she offered to go pick up Kim.
Old 05-14-03, 01:09 PM
toq

Originally posted by uteotw
I was really hoping Palmer would NOT do the fake thing with Turkey but would instead get on and say "I've been removed from office and this is a sham." I know he cares about the pilots, but he was willing to risk the possibility of "tens of thousands" more American casualties because he believed he was doing the right thing by not going to war, so I thought he'd do the same w/Turkey. Guess not.
I intepreted his first decision with regard to attacking as

"tens of thousands" of lives lost because the United States would lose the advantage of the quick, first strike
- or -
starting what could potentially be WWIII therefore leading to possibly "hundreds of thousands" of deaths

In comparison, I took the decision on whether to speak to Turkey as

allow our planes to fly over Turkish air space safely
- or -
force them to take a longer, more dangerous flight path to reach their destination

It seemed in both cases, from my perspective, that he did the right thing. Again, this all depends on your intepretation of the events but this is how I saw it.
Old 05-14-03, 01:40 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,321 Likes on 4,319 Posts
Originally posted by Damfino
I forgot what day of the week it is on 24. If it's a Sunday at 7 AM, North Hollywood to the Coliseum should be about 20-25 minutes, a little longer on Saturday, and about 45 minutes or more Monday-Friday.
Well, my point wasn't that they couldn't get there in time, it was how absurd it would be to tell someone on the phone who you think is in the greater LA area to meet you at the Colliseum in 30 minutes. You might ask "Can you get to the Collseum in 30 minutes?", but in such a huge city, you shouldn't just assume it.

Besides, it's so dangerous down there, I doubt even Jack wants to go. At least the Raiders aren't still playing there.
Old 05-14-03, 02:04 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Guys for the prieview
Spoiler:
Isn't the blonde that is talking to Tony Marie? It sure as hell looked like her
Old 05-14-03, 02:10 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
That bridge where the car crashed at the end. Doesn't that look like the exact same place Terminator 2 and Grease 1 were shot?
Old 05-14-03, 02:21 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally posted by Rypro 525
That bridge where the car crashed at the end. Doesn't that look like the exact same place Terminator 2 and Grease 1 were shot?
Not to mention where a foot chase took place during the first episode of Boomtown.....
Old 05-14-03, 03:00 PM
toq

Guys for the prieview
Spoiler:
Isn't the blonde that is talking to Tony Marie? It sure as hell looked like her
Yes, I believe CitizenKaneRBud made a quick mention of this earlier.
Originally posted by CitizenKaneRBud
Well, I believe in the previews
Spoiler:
I saw Jack walking along the empty stadium with a sniper pointed at him... Also, I wonder why Marie Warner is getting more screen time? How will she fit into it other than what we already know?
Old 05-14-03, 03:19 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Also thought I saw a similar area in the movie "The Core".

Good episode, and I think some stuff will be "continued next season".
Old 05-14-03, 03:25 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 73 Likes on 63 Posts
Originally posted by toq
I intepreted his first decision with regard to attacking as

"tens of thousands" of lives lost because the United States would lose the advantage of the quick, first strike
- or -
starting what could potentially be WWIII therefore leading to possibly "hundreds of thousands" of deaths

In comparison, I took the decision on whether to speak to Turkey as

allow our planes to fly over Turkish air space safely
- or -
force them to take a longer, more dangerous flight path to reach their destination

It seemed in both cases, from my perspective, that he did the right thing. Again, this all depends on your intepretation of the events but this is how I saw it.
I understand the interpretation, but I just don't think he helps the bigger picture my furthering the war he knows is wrong. It was great how he could put away his personal feelings of seething hatred for those doing this to him in order to show his concern for the pilots, but him playing a part (that including faking he was still in power) in the baseless attack that will result in lots of people dying just didn't make sense to me.
Old 05-14-03, 04:30 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by Dr. Rosenrosen
Does anyone know if Keifer signed on for Season 3?
He's a producer so *I'd* expect him to return, but after last night's ending who knows!?!?
Old 05-14-03, 04:34 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
It is the LA river - which is why it is in the opening credits of Boomtown. If I'm not mistaken, it has also been in Freaky Friday and a Herbie the Love Bug among many, many, MANY other films.

Last edited by rfduncan; 05-14-03 at 04:37 PM.
Old 05-14-03, 06:14 PM
Suspended

I could be wrong, but wasn't that bridge also used for a chase in Season 1?
Old 05-14-03, 07:14 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
About the cliffhanger issue - Keep in mind that last season felt more "complete" due to the fact that the no one had a clue whether 24 would be renewed or not. Now that the writers know 24 is coming back for another season, they are free to leave some loose ends for the coming season. Still, I'd expect nothing short of a big finale next week.
Old 05-14-03, 08:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Patman

Kate just seemed too calm when she was trying to convince Kim to lower her gun and come with her. ...

Well she did just have a relaxing bath. Maybe Calgon took her away
Old 05-15-03, 09:37 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I think that the last couple of episodes have been somewhat slow. Can't wait for next week!!!

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.