Reload this Page >

The Practice 5/5/2003

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Practice 5/5/2003

Old 05-05-03, 12:48 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Practice 5/5/2003

According to CNN, questions still abound about the outcome of this season .

And according to ABC's website tonight's two (2) episodes really do not answer many things. Here are the previews:

"Baby Love"
Bobby comes clean with Lindsay about his affair with old flame Sarah Barker (Teri Polo), and divorce seems imminent. Meanwhile, unexpected feelings arise when Eugene and Jamie work together to defend a pregnant woman who was the victim of spousal abuse and now stands accused of murder, and Claire and Jimmy defend a client who is suing a HUD housing complex for negligence.

"Goodbye"
Bobby drops a bombshell when he announces his resignation and appoints Eugene as senior partner. Meanwhile, Jimmy and Rebecca defend a man who is accused of killing his sister-in-law, with an unexpected twist, and Eugene and Jamie's newfound feelings begin to develop into a relationship.

"She's got jungle fever, he's got jungle fever." Oops sorry Spike Lee moment there.
Old 05-05-03, 02:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ha ha, Eugene must have been turned on hearing about Jamie's freak-a-zoid tendencies in the last episode.

Old 05-05-03, 03:36 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

"You were in line for a roller coaster?"
"It was after the bar exam, we we are stressed."
"You only knew him for 40 minutes!?"
Old 05-05-03, 11:13 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
I guess ABC is continuing the two as one trend [Alias the night before..].

I suppose that's good since I didn't tape the first hour [Fear Factor was two hours -- which should tell you how much I care about the "finale" of the Practice..]

Haven't watched it yet..but i'm curious about ABC's promo department..do they have two separate divisions that don't watch what the other one does..?

In one promo they dramatically state [i'm paraphrasing here] "...and at the end, one partner leaves the firm FOREVER!!!!!"..then I saw another one that ends with Bobby saying "I've decided to resign from the firm..".

Of course, that doesn't necessarily mean that's how it ENDS...but...aw fergit it...who still cares?
Old 05-05-03, 11:23 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 245 Likes on 185 Posts
This sure felt like a series finale.

I wouldn't mind if it came back next year, especially if Eugene is in charge. The less Bobby the better.
Old 05-06-03, 03:15 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally posted by Rogue588
Haven't watched it yet..but i'm curious about ABC's promo department..do they have two separate divisions that don't watch what the other one does..?

In one promo they dramatically state [i'm paraphrasing here] "...and at the end, one partner leaves the firm FOREVER!!!!!"..then I saw another one that ends with Bobby saying "I've decided to resign from the firm..".

Exactly what I was telling my friend -- ABC needs to get their act together.

I almost feel like ABC killed this show on purpose. The time slot changes were really harmful. Yes, the quality dropped, but I felt a bit sad watching these episodes, as it was so clearly a goodbye. I don't know why ABC won't just come out and say it. The ratings no longer warrant the salaries.
Old 05-06-03, 08:11 AM

It really felt like they know the series is over, that ending montage with the 2 flashbacks, and the "lights out" really could mean the end.

At least they finally made Jimmy a partner!
Old 05-06-03, 05:08 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
blah, that sucked. you would think helen would have a bigger role if it was the finale. maybe ABC got scared of her new look like the rest of us did
Old 05-07-03, 12:15 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
Steven Culp was in it. that makes it cool