Old 05-04-03, 08:23 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
Six Feet Under - 5.4.03...

DISCUSS!
Old 05-04-03, 08:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 290 Likes on 211 Posts
Things are really starting to happen. Do you think Lisa killed herself? Was that why she was sitting on the car and looking out at the ocean? Like the way Claire and Ruth bonded. Hope both start choosing better men. And I *knew* Claire's new boyfriend was gay/bi. Also, did you think at the beginning of the show Keith's niece was going to die? Get run over by that lawn mower or something? I sure did. I just kept saying "Oh no!". I like that kid. And thumbs up on David going off on Keith's dad.
Old 05-04-03, 09:10 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Best episode of the season, IMO.
Things do seem to be coming to a huge burst.

---------

If I had to choose between the episodes so far (of course not considering the final three), this episode should be submitted to the Emmy voters for best drama series. So much happened in this one little episode. We had something (anything) happen to every character.

Lauren Ambrose should definitely get another Emmy nod (as should everyone). What a great performance this episode. I loved her in the scene where Russell told her his "surprising" secret...

I don't believe Six Feet Under has ever left something unresolved at the end of an episode (other than Nate's surgery...which defies explaination.) I do hope she has killed herself.

I can't believe there are only three episodes left.

------

Daytripper,

The show this season does the death scene at the beginning like that a lot. You believe someone is going to get killed this huge way (like a lot of the deaths in the first two seasons) and then something "small"/else happens. (like the girl who is chased by her friends acting like they were going to rape and murder her - then she gets run over by the car)

------

Oh and can anyone give the name of the song and artist played at the end. I love when the show does these kinds of endings showing what everyone is going through.

Last edited by conscience; 05-04-03 at 09:13 PM.
Old 05-04-03, 11:10 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I still have this sneaking suspicion that Nate is going to wake up from his coma soon.

I just find it kind of odd that everyone (for the most part) was reasonably happy all season, and then in the last 3-4 episodes everything goes down the toilet.
Old 05-04-03, 11:39 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Nice powderkeg of an episode.

This could be the end for David and Keith.

Russell is one messed up dude, and might just become suicidal given what Claire has said to him after he 'fessed up about his tryst with Olivier.

Lisa's gone missing, and I suspect she's a goner.

Nate had a mini-breakdown, and isn't all "there" and is a little confused in his station in life.

Brenda's got problems on 2 fronts: having a brother with no boundaries, and not being able to be friends with a former lover.

Ruth shares some of her history with Claire, examines why her libido is running so high nowadays.

Arthur is still just weird.

Vanessa's anti-depressant meds are giving her wild swings in her emotions. Rico is mainly confused by it all.

And yes, I still hold out hope that Nate will wake up out of his coma soon...
Old 05-05-03, 01:12 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Is it just me being forgetful, or have there been no visits from Nate Sr. since the season premier? If I'm not being forgetful, this is very interesting to me, since they had them all the time in the first 2 seasons. Not that I still believe Nate is in a coma or dead, but I was something I thought of after this show ended.
Old 05-05-03, 01:24 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by bdshort
Is it just me being forgetful, or have there been no visits from Nate Sr. since the season premier? If I'm not being forgetful, this is very interesting to me, since they had them all the time in the first 2 seasons. Not that I still believe Nate is in a coma or dead, but I was something I thought of after this show ended.
I don't recall him being on any of the other episodes this season.
Old 05-05-03, 01:41 AM

He was in the episode with Ruth's birthday party. Nate Jr. went downstairs to take a break and Nate Sr. was waiting for him. They talked about why Nate Jr. is staying with Lisa and how Nate Sr. stayed with Ruth for many of the same reasons. It was all trying to show how Nate is on the same path as his father.
Old 05-05-03, 07:17 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

A great episode. It's getting close to the time when all of our earlier assumptions are coming to light. I am torn between having crazy Lisa go or stay.

I hope Claire's BF goes soon. And it looks like David and Keith are back on their downhill slide. My wife said it best " I like him (Keith), but sometimes he can be a dick"

I don't want the season to end, just so i have to wait another 9 months for next season. It is coming back right?
Old 05-05-03, 08:32 AM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts
I agree with all thus far - great episode. As for Lisa, right when we saw her looking at the ocean, I knew she'd be gone.

No surprise from Russell - we all knew he did something w/ the professor.

Keith and David's relationship is all but finished.

Not sure what Billy is capable of doing in the final three episodes.
Old 05-05-03, 08:44 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,200 Likes on 4,227 Posts
I think I know what the opening death for next week's episode will be...

Of course there was an opening death by suicide last week, but that may just be foreshadowing.

Very good episode, but I can't remember any TV show with as many mental breakdowns in one hour:
Russell, Vanessa, Lisa, Ruth, Billy, Keith and his Dad, Nate (maybe).
Claire is looking like the most stable one of the lot!
Old 05-05-03, 08:48 AM

Would they really show
Spoiler:
Lisa's death (if she does indeed die) at the beginning of the episode
, when it looks like the episode deals with Nate searching for her?

Last edited by bdshort; 05-05-03 at 10:14 AM.
Old 05-05-03, 08:58 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Loved the way Claire chewed out Russell. One of the best scenes of the season.
Old 05-05-03, 09:47 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by conscience
Oh and can anyone give the name of the song and artist played at the end. I love when the show does these kinds of endings showing what everyone is going through.
Accoring to the music section at HBO.com:

Spain: Our Love Is Gonna Live Forever
Old 05-05-03, 09:52 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by jon-w9
I hope Claire's BF goes soon. And it looks like David and Keith are back on their downhill slide. My wife said it best " I like him (Keith), but sometimes he can be a dick"
Yeah. My gf, mom and I watch it on Sunday nights and my mom was like "david needs to dumb his (keiths) ass."
Old 05-05-03, 09:53 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by bdshort
Would they really show Lisa's death (if she does indeed die) at the beginning of the episode, when it looks like the episode deals with Nate searching for her?
Ahem...please spoiler tag any references to the previews. A lot of us go out of our way to avoid watching them.

I'm going to feel rather let down if Lisa turns out to be a suicide. All plot indications seem to allude to that (the whole staring at the sea thing), but ask yourself...was Lisa "suicidal" at all? She's a bit neurotic, but to have her pull suicide out of thin air would be a little reaching, IMO. Russell, on the other hand, seems like a prime candidate for early retirement. I'll be surprised to see him alive after this episode.
Old 05-05-03, 09:56 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by rfduncan
Accoring to the music section at HBO.com:

Spain: Our Love Is Gonna Live Forever
Old 05-05-03, 10:13 AM

Someone had already posted about
Spoiler:
Lisa possibly dying
, so I didn't see a reason to spoilerize it, but I'll go ahead and fix it anyway

Originally posted by Numanoid
Ahem...please spoiler tag any references to the previews. A lot of us go out of our way to avoid watching them.

I'm going to feel rather let down if Lisa turns out to be a suicide. All plot indications seem to allude to that (the whole staring at the sea thing), but ask yourself...was Lisa "suicidal" at all? She's a bit neurotic, but to have her pull suicide out of thin air would be a little reaching, IMO. Russell, on the other hand, seems like a prime candidate for early retirement. I'll be surprised to see him alive after this episode.
Old 05-05-03, 10:24 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 393 Likes on 281 Posts
I can't see Lisa as a suicide, after the breakthru last week where she and Nate agreed to change things up I can't see her going out that way. She dotes on Maya and is infatuated with Nate, she knows she still has him so there is no reason to kill herself.

On the other hand she did have some tell tale sudden change of personality: no notes, sudden happiness etc....

Great episode glad to see Ruth has lost interst in Arthur too weird even for SFU...

EDIT: Lisa was missing in this episode and Nate was worried about her at the end of the episode so I don't see discussing her being missing in this context as a spoiler....

Last edited by jpcamb; 05-05-03 at 10:27 AM.
Old 05-05-03, 10:31 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

My thoughts:

I also got the feeling Lisa committed suicide. Nate's off the hook and gets back with Brenda. He doesn't turn into his father.

Russell's "secret" was no secret to anyone that has watched this show from the beginning of the season. He is a prime suicide candidate somewhere in the last 3 shows. Or maybe he kills Olivier.

Vanessa may get fired if it's found out she stole meds from the hospital. (Just speculating)

Saw the Billy/Brenda incest thing coming since the first season.

David and Keith are splitsville and David winds up in the arms of his chorus buddy.

Ruth will find somone to love by the end of the season.

Claire turns lesbian. (just kidding)
Old 05-05-03, 11:01 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by jpcamb
EDIT: Lisa was missing in this episode and Nate was worried about her at the end of the episode so I don't see discussing her being missing in this context as a spoiler....
You and bdshort are missing my point. Discussion of Lisa being missing is fine, since it occurred this week. Speculation on what may or may not have happened to her is fine. Citing what is shown IN THE PREVIEW FOR NEXT WEEK is what is generally regarded as spoiler material in TV Talk. bdshort said
Spoiler:
when it looks like the episode deals with Nate searching for her?
, which I happen to know is from the preview, since I accidentally caught about two seconds of it. Just wanted to nip that in the bud so no one else would be tipped off. As far as any of us who avoid previews know, Lisa could walk back in during the first minute of next week's show. Really, I'm just trying to help.
Old 05-05-03, 11:21 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by joefrog91
Russell's "secret" was no secret to anyone that has watched this show from the beginning of the season. He is a prime suicide candidate somewhere in the last 3 shows. Or maybe he kills Olivier.
I'll say! One thing that really bugs me about this storyline is that this art school allows its faculty to opening engage in sexual misconduct with the students. It has become obvious that Olivier mind-fucks all of his students in general so he can pick and choose one to have sex with whenever he gets horny.
Old 05-05-03, 12:09 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

here are my thoughts....

lisa seemeds to have found peace with something and i think that was her decision to commit suicide. she did tell nate earlier in the season that she couldn't live without him or said something to the effect of she couldn't keep living if he left. (can't remember). plus remember in the first episode that clip of nate and brenda walking down the stairs and brenda had a child with her....(my guess it's maya after she's gotten back with nate after lisa's death)

also, i think russell's a suicide also, however, i don't know if they'd do some much with suicide. but thru their arguments claire did mention death as a possibility for him, i think more than once also, and a lightbulb seemed to go off in his head after that. plus he's a tormented artist so suicide is always a job hazard.

anyway, fabulous episode last night!
Old 05-05-03, 12:11 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I'll say! One thing that really bugs me about this storyline is that this art school allows its faculty to opening engage in sexual misconduct with the students. It has become obvious that Olivier mind-fucks all of his students in general so he can pick and choose one to have sex with whenever he gets horny.
I am pretty sure the school knows nothing about his escapades.
Old 05-05-03, 12:15 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I'll say! One thing that really bugs me about this storyline is that this art school allows its faculty to opening engage in sexual misconduct with the students.
you've obviously never taken studio courses in a university setting. the teachers really can get this exaggerated and in general others disregard behavior like this from artists as typical and leave it alone. my stepmother and dad work in the arts dept. in their city; she's the dean and teaches theatre and he teaches music. the drawing teacher there is a train wreck but they always deal with it b/c he's "sensitive" and it would be more difficult to fight it. now, if a student came and complained she would have reason to intervene but otherwise she can't address rumors, etc. (the guy retires this week and the entire campus has been counting down to his last day, they're having a party after he's gone!)

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.