Alias -- SEASON FINALE -- "Second Double: & "the Telling" -- 05.03.2003

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Alias -- SEASON FINALE -- "Second Double: & "the Telling" -- 05.03.2003

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-03, 11:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Could the Rimbaldi device be some kind of teleporting machine? Did anyone else notice that just as Syd passed out, her image blurred.
Old 05-04-03, 11:04 PM
Admin Emeritus

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I totally saw this whole thing coming.

Just kidding. What the hell?! So much juicy goodness in this episode. Will "Shotgun" Tippin. Irina "Two-Gun" Derevko. And the best, Francie "Oh My Gosh, I Can't Believe You Shot Me Three Times" Calvo. I had to rewind and catch the look on her face after Sydney put three big ones into her.

I thought the big surprise would be both Will and FrancieBot biting the big one (budget cuts?). Can't believe we'd get a complete series reboot AGAIN so soon after the Superbowl reboot, and I still don't. Hopefully this can be resolved and we can return back to our regularly scheduled plotline, without the aid of time-travel, the hokiest plot device ever.

Sark's bit about his loyalties being flexible was great. Sark getting his proper British head smashed into the table twice was great, too. A great two hours of television... but man, I just don't know what to think about the last minute or two. I wonder how significant her little belly scar is... probably fairly significant.

Here's an idea... perhaps Sloane's crew recovered Sydney that night, and put her in the Rambaldi Machine. The Rambaldi Machine simulates this reality for her, and makes her think that she's two years into the future. She's still in real time, and so is everyone else, but she's just imagining that she's two years ahead. I dunno, it's as plausible as anything else right now.
Old 05-04-03, 11:07 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts
Point blank, I think the Rambaldi device is a time machine. They sent Sydney 2 years into the future as a test subject. Sloane did this to get Jack back on his side--to manipulate him.

But there are some interesting theories in this thread. Very good reading!
Old 05-04-03, 11:08 PM

Regarding Sydney's scar:

Maybe Sloan implanted Sydney with an embryo of Rimbaldi's clone... But then again, maybe not.
Old 05-04-03, 11:40 PM
Cool New Member

Originally posted by Static Cling
Here's an idea... perhaps Sloane's crew recovered Sydney that night, and put her in the Rambaldi Machine. The Rambaldi Machine simulates this reality for her, and makes her think that she's two years into the future. She's still in real time, and so is everyone else, but she's just imagining that she's two years ahead. I dunno, it's as plausible as anything else right now.
Very possible idea. Like an alternate parallel demension.
Old 05-04-03, 11:57 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Did anyone else think that Fake Francie is not dead? Sydney shot her once in the arm and once in each sholder. It seemed to me that Syd did not want to kill her so they could get information from her later, but then she passed out & Francie was able to contact Sloan somehow. But that wouldn't explain why Will is still alive, because whoever took Sydney from the house would've finished him off.
Old 05-05-03, 12:11 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Madison, WI ("77 square miles surrounded by reality")
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I think it's amazing that we're talking about this show as if it's Buffy or some other fantasy show what with speculating about time travel, simulated worlds, other dimensions, not to mention there's been all this "doubling" people, prophecy and other paranormalish new agy Rambaldi goofiness for such a long time. Am I the only one who thinks this show is a little too silly for having started off with at least a little semblance of being set in a real, if somewhat exaggerated, spy genre world?

I know the show is not being cancelled but I can't say I'd care that much if it were.

That said, I will still be watching in September.

Feel free to flame away.

Last edited by movielib; 05-05-03 at 08:46 AM.
Old 05-05-03, 12:48 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
• Quoth movielib •<HR SIZE=1>Feel free to flame away. <HR SIZE=1>

None necessary ... although I do wonder what show you've been watching all this time. Rambaldi and his prophecies have been the backbone of this show since the beginning. This is nothing new - we're just learning more about what they mean.

Anyway, as to what the device does, its name is the big clue. Also, think about Rambaldi, beyond just his artifacts. I can't wait to see how they play this.

das
Old 05-05-03, 01:15 AM

Originally posted by JNielsen
Did anyone else think that Fake Francie is not dead? Sydney shot her once in the arm and once in each sholder. It seemed to me that Syd did not want to kill her so they could get information from her later, but then she passed out & Francie was able to contact Sloan somehow. But that wouldn't explain why Will is still alive, because whoever took Sydney from the house would've finished him off.
I'm very confused about how the post-shooting events would have gone down. I think NotFrancie had to have called somebody after stabbing Will. It's the only way I can make sense of the completely cleaned house, her in clean clothes, and Will dying in the tub. There must have been some Sloane-sent 'cleaners' on the way.

If Sloane's people came in, and found unconcious/dying NotFrancie and Syd, it's conceivable that they'd have done their best to keep the two of them alive, and ignored Will altogether (NotFrancie's already exposed; there's no compelling reason to kill him.)

Or maybe this is all totally off, and Sydney regained conciousness and did some stuff before she was nabbed at the apartment.

Dunno, but I'm definitely looking forward to next season. Two year's time isn't so huge that it would permanently destroy the series, and the missing time sets up a lot of stories to be told beyond the whole "Where are Sloane, Sark, and Irina?" thing.
Old 05-05-03, 02:28 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 213 Likes on 186 Posts
I wonder how significant her little belly scar is... probably fairly significant.

yes, SYDNEY is "MYSTIQUE" from X-MEN [what a way to promote the movie, huh]....

maybe SYDNEY gave up her life to save everyone else, and now she is re-incarnated.
Old 05-05-03, 04:56 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Oh.. My.. God..!
Old 05-05-03, 06:10 AM
Admin Emeritus

As far as the whole "How did Francie call Sloan?" thing goes, there are at least three times during which she could've hit some sort of "panic button" device or called someone really quickly and requested an extraction.

1. While Will was in the bathroom looking at her medicine. He had time to call Sydney... she had time to call Sark.

2. After she had knifed Will (bitch!), but before Sydney came home. She hid Will's body in the bathtub... not the most covert place. She may have just been waiting for a group of SloaneTroopers to extract her, but Sydney came home and screwed everything up.

3. After Sydney feeds her the coffee ice cream, but before they fight.
Old 05-05-03, 06:11 AM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

great episode terrible ending

enough with the vaughn and syd relationship vaughn is the least interesting character on the show. will was great tonight
i don't think francie is dead, no head shot, three hits but none of them were kill shots. victor garber is the best actor on television and marshall as usual was hilarious
Old 05-05-03, 06:56 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Very good episode, those two going at it was pretty sweet, beating the **** out of each other. And guy's, do we really need spoiler tags? I for one was clapping when Syd shot the evil Frencie. I don't think anyone saw the ending coming at all.I imidattly thought that the ring meant that Vaughn was married, but who knows.
Old 05-05-03, 06:59 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by sabre
great episode terrible ending

enough with the vaughn and syd relationship vaughn is the least interesting character on the show. will was great tonight
i don't think francie is dead, no head shot, three hits but none of them were kill shots. victor garber is the best actor on television and marshall as usual was hilarious
I was kind of thinkin at the begining "man, everyone's gonna be pissed that the first two scene's of the episode are love scene's with Syd and Vaughn.
Old 05-05-03, 07:16 AM

There has been little discussion about Sloane and Jack. Remember that Sloane seemed very confident that Jack would be working with him again in the near future. He probably read about it in the prophesy scrolls, the same way that he knew that Irina would betray him and he moved the Rambaldi artifacts.

Now if Jack would be working with Sloane "soon", I would assume that after two years, this would already be happening. Wouldn't it be interesting if now Syd finds that her father has been working with Sloane for the past 2 years.
Old 05-05-03, 07:37 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Nifty things about the 2 hours of Alias:

Irina's escape was pretty cool.

Seeing Will "busting a cap" on the bad guys.

The "all out trash the apartment fight to the death fight between FakeFrancie and Sydney.

Seeing Sark head meeting the chair/table repeatedly.

I was fearful for Jennifer Garner's teeth after seeing her and Michael Vartan on ice with hockey sticks. See this thread for more details.

Marshall and Weiss exchanging advice on women. Haha.
Old 05-05-03, 07:51 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I don't think that Fake Francie is dead either (well at least Sid didn't kill her). The shots that she took were definitely not fatal shots, since she just seemed to want to injure Francie, and not kill her. Although a lot can happen in two years...
Old 05-05-03, 07:56 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I know there were lots of references to pre reboot episodes, I just hope abc family plays alias all summer and then before the dvd comes out they play 2 all day marrathons.
Old 05-05-03, 08:05 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I would not be surprised if Sydney was "inside" the Rambaldi device and is just experiencing alternate time lines because she's one of the few if not only who can use the device.
Old 05-05-03, 08:18 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I for one hope that the plot turns a little bit away from the whole prophecy ordeal. There are so many story lines that deal with this kind of plot. Especially with The Matrix coming in a week or so. The whole "Chosen One" thing is getting old for me. Come up with something original.
Old 05-05-03, 08:19 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Madison, WI ("77 square miles surrounded by reality")
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by das Monkey
• Quoth movielib •<HR SIZE=1>Feel free to flame away. <HR SIZE=1>

None necessary ... although I do wonder what show you've been watching all this time. Rambaldi and his prophecies have been the backbone of this show since the beginning. This is nothing new - we're just learning more about what they mean.

Anyway, as to what the device does, its name is the big clue. Also, think about Rambaldi, beyond just his artifacts. I can't wait to see how they play this.

das
Yeah, looking over an episode guide, I see Rambaldi was introduced in the third episode (somewhat earlier than my faulty memory suggested to me). I did say that it has been "such a long time."

The show is borderline for me and has stayed on the barely watchable side (it would be higher up if not for the mumbo-jumbo stuff which I like fine in more of a pure fantasy show).

Last edited by movielib; 05-05-03 at 08:33 AM.
Old 05-05-03, 08:34 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
I wonder how significant her little belly scar is... probably fairly significant.
Maybe the Cyprus tape is in there ;-)

On a serious note, Francie leaving Will alive was a bit odd. Would she really leave him alive in the bathtub?
Old 05-05-03, 08:37 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by djbrown
Maybe the Cyprus tape is in there ;-)

On a serious note, Francie leaving Will alive was a bit odd. Would she really leave him alive in the bathtub?
Even though Vaughn mentioned that he was alive, but I thought that Will was stabbed. (we didn't see it, but we heared it.)
Old 05-05-03, 08:41 AM

Don't think anyone's brought this up yet, but it looked to me that even though she was trying to kill him, Fake Francie was really in love with Will, what with the whole kiss thing and crying as she stabbed him. That would certainly put a whole new dimension to any future possible meet-up between Will and Sark as it was obvious that Sark was in love with Fake Francie.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.