Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Amazing Race 4 premier date May 29

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-03, 10:20 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Red Dog
Interesting show although is it like that every week? I assume that whoever finishes 1st gets to leave 1st the next round. Then is there a grouping point (like the charter buses) in every episode. Doesn't seem like much of an advantage.
yes. They leave 12 hours later, in the order in which they arrived. As far as the grouping point... not much "they" can do about that as "we" can't really change the times businesses open and close. Sort of makes the game exciting when you have a team thats 4 hours behind, and the lead team has already left the starting point but the business doesnt open til "noon," so its anyone's race again. This way you get to see more fighting and yelling at each other.

Seeing that whale try to get through the snow and across the ropes was pretty amusing. I thought the zip line was going to snap with her on it.
thats mean.
Old 06-04-03, 10:23 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
The grouping is deliberate. Otherwise chances are that you would have a team that obtains a huge lead over everybody else with little chance of anybody catching up. By periodically forcing the teams together the race becomes more dramatic, and we have more interaction between the teams.
Old 06-05-03, 05:20 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by Groucho
The grouping is deliberate. Otherwise chances are that you would have a team that obtains a huge lead over everybody else with little chance of anybody catching up. By periodically forcing the teams together the race becomes more dramatic, and we have more interaction between the teams.
yes, it's great entertainment, lol. it is so much fun to see the lead team(s) totally bust their asses to maintain their leads...and then they have to wait 4 hours for a ferry/train/bus/plane/whatever and then each and every team catches up with them......

.....it also fun to see a team just miss a train or whatever by mere seconds (this happened to a team in one of the last few episodes of TAR3......was it zach and flo?) that would have given them a lead over all the other teams by a few hours.......lol, totally devastating. top notch entertainment.
Old 06-06-03, 10:00 AM
Banned

Exactly which one is Team Gay?

This one?
Old 06-06-03, 10:01 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Yes, and they are married to each other.
Old 06-06-03, 10:02 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
Icondude - that is Troop Beverly Hills themselves (aka Team Gay) - Reichen and Chip, the married couple.
Old 06-08-03, 10:12 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i haven't read any of the previous posts in order to avoid spoiling the season for me... i'm out of the US and a friend is taping it for me..

anyway, i just want to ask how the ratings are doing? will there be an AR5?! i read that reruns of friends and scrubs managed to beat it this week... which sucks... i love scrubs as well, which is cool... but a rerun beating a firstpeat... that sucks..

anyway, i'd just like to know. thanks!
-di doctor-
Old 06-12-03, 02:24 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I did a recap viewing of Leg 2 last night, we came up with Team Jar-Jar for the models because it seems like they're still in this race by complete accident.