Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

CSI: Miami 4/28

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-03, 08:40 AM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts
CSI: Miami 4/28

Pretty good episode last night. Both storylines were solid - the "biter" with the crowns was flat-out creepy.

Nice to see Sean Maher (The $treet, Ryan Caulfield: Year One) back on the small screen - if only in a small, supporting role.
Old 04-29-03, 08:45 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
It will always be known as the "Girls Gone Wild" episode.
Old 04-29-03, 08:52 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I can't watch this show anymore. The officers violate so many rights: not having a lawer present, searches without warrants, forcing suspects to give up DNA samples, and so much more. They may catch the bad guy and somehow get them to confess everything in the interrigation room with no lawer, but I bet every case that goes to court would get thrown out because of the shoddy police work.

Then everytime they have video or photo evidence, they can somehow enhance the picture to find the most minute detail from the worst shot. Lifting the fingerprint from the finger whiping the camera lens was terrible. Who uses their finger to clean a lens anyways?
Old 04-29-03, 10:22 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts
Originally posted by mmconhea
I can't watch this show anymore. The officers violate so many rights: not having a lawer present, searches without warrants, forcing suspects to give up DNA samples, and so much more. They may catch the bad guy and somehow get them to confess everything in the interrigation room with no lawer, but I bet every case that goes to court would get thrown out because of the shoddy police work.
That's not the worst part, though. It's that they portray these crime scene investigators as detectives. They are interviewing suspects, and putting the puzzle together. That's the detective's job. They are just supposed to collect the evidence.
Old 04-29-03, 10:24 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Actually, the CSI's in Miami have greater latitude in their police powers (then the Las Vegas CSI unit), which is why you see the Miami crew always packing heat on every crime scene they investigate.
Old 04-29-03, 10:49 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts
Originally posted by Patman
Actually, the CSI's in Miami have greater latitude in their police powers (then the Las Vegas CSI unit), which is why you see the Miami crew always packing heat on every crime scene they investigate.
The Vegas CSI's carry guns too. I've seen Warrick, Nick, Katherine and Sarah all carry a gun at one time or another. With that said, I'm just speaking in real life terms. There's no such thing as this CSI position that the TV shows have created. In real life, they collect the evidence, and the detectives do the interrogating and the piecing together of the puzzle pieces. I know it's just tv, but it's still a pet peeve.
Old 04-29-03, 11:57 AM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts
I agree - both shows throw plausibility out the window in the name of entertainment.
Old 04-29-03, 02:50 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It's seems to be getting worse too.
Old 04-29-03, 04:36 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I know. Like, I was watching The X Files the other day, and these two FBI agents are investigating a case, and one of them gets hit over the head by an alien. And I was like, come on!, aliens don't go for the head, they go for the throat.
Old 04-29-03, 04:46 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by mmconhea
For the record, I've never seen them perform an illegal search, refuse someone a lawyer, or forcibly obtain a DNA sample. And, I hate to say it, but if you think that people don't confess without a lawyer and get convicted, you're wrong.

That being said, CSI: Miami has plenty of other problems.

Last edited by DigIt; 04-30-03 at 01:04 PM.