Reload this Page >

american life on mtv2?

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

american life on mtv2?

Old 04-26-03, 02:53 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
american life on mtv2?

They mentioned that around 4-430 pm et, they were gonna play "the spankin new video "american life" Now unless this is the completly mtv butchered version, why would they show it today?
Old 04-26-03, 03:01 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,020 Likes on 811 Posts
They mentioned that around 4-430 pm et, they were gonna play "the spankin new video "american life" Now unless this is the completly mtv butchered version, why would they show it today?
I thought she reshot the video a third time, this time being little more than her singing in front of flags.

*shrug*
Old 04-26-03, 03:08 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Well thats the version that aired. They hyped it, but they showed the cop out version. I sure hope when the war is indeed over, they get some balls and show the real version.
Old 04-26-03, 10:08 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've seen it. You can....uh..."acquire" it online. The video (the first version) premiered in Europe before it was pulled. Europe gets a lot of things first. And it's not really the first version, Madonna has stated that there are around 10 different cuts of the video.

The description (spoilerized?):

Spoiler:
Watching it the first time, I didn't think it was that shocking. It's a lot of stock war footage, a military camoflauge themed fashion show with weird clothing worn by models on a catwalk and photographers and stuff. Then comes some middle eastern children on the catwalk.

Madonna and her posse are in bathroom stalls, all angry and stabbing the walls with their knifes. They all escape and dance down a hallway as she is singing.

Somewhere along the line, Madonna and company crash through the fashion show, completely plowing the person walking back from the catwalk (I think it's a kid) and they burst through on a Mini Cooper, also camoflagued.

She pops out of the sunroof, and sings, throws out a soy latte, sings more, as her homegirls dance and hump(?) the car.

(And in between this all, there's random footage of explosions and planes dropping bombs)

During the "I'm not a Christian, I'm not a Jew", scene, it's exactly like the flags in the background thing.

Finally, the video ends with Madonna on some tank in the catwalk, spraying out water with her tank, and throwing a grenade to a Bush look-a-like. It turns out it's a lighter, and he lights up a cigar as people politely applaud.

The end.
Old 04-26-03, 11:09 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by freedexter
I've seen it. You can....uh..."acquire" it online. The video (the first version) premiered in Europe before it was pulled. Europe gets a lot of things first. And it's not really the first version, Madonna has stated that there are around 10 different cuts of the video.

I am guessing, kazza, no thanks. Also I heard that there was a xxx version as well.