Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Er 4/24/03

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-03, 10:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Good episode as usual except Abby's bro is back. Romano rocks!
Spoiler:
Abby is threatened by an over-medicated psychotic patient (guest star Johnny Sneed) and gets an update regarding her missing brother (guest star Thomas Everett Scott). Elsewhere, Dr. Romano continues to make rash judgments -- and enemies -- when he orders a man with a severe sore throat to be released and then tries to perform surgery in the emergency room. Dr. Kovac welcomes a old friend (guest star Nina Sablich) -- a fellow Croatian doctor -- to observe the chaos of an American inner-city hospital. Carter also receives some emotional news from home as he guides a group of eager medical students who witness him refuse to give up trying to save a cardiac-arrested patient.

Last edited by bigjim25; 04-24-03 at 10:57 PM.
Old 04-24-03, 11:08 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
Romano's going to be on celebrity jeopardy next week
Old 04-24-03, 11:10 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 258 Likes on 195 Posts
I thought this was a pretty good episode.

Romano was great again and I loved Frank's comment about the helicopter check board
Old 04-24-03, 11:48 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Abby's Family

Old 04-25-03, 12:36 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Worst Non-Road Trip Episode of "ER" Ever

Spoiler:
The show opens with the endless hallucination of a patient, he attacks Abby, then he's gone and forgotten. Luka's plotline dragged on and on and on, and previews indicate it ain't done dragging yet. Susan and her new "husband" = Yeah, way to be true to a character. Even Romano was dull as dishwater tonight. There was one shot with a group of them working on a patient and bickering back and forth with each other that made me want to punch something. And just what the show needed, Abby's brother to put the final stamp of sucktitude on the episode. Abby & Carter as a couple have absolutely no chemistry. Lastly, NBC again with their phony teasers. The commercials show Abby being attacked, then Carter saying, "She's dead?". Of course, I wasn't expecting her die. As soon as I saw the promo, it was obviously a swerve.Just a bad episode in every way.

Honk!
Old 04-25-03, 12:46 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I don't have a problem w/ Abby's family, per se. The only reason it bothers me to see TE Scott around is that he shoule be completing his second year on Philly. I actually like her interaction w/ her brother.

Her mother....that's a different story.
Old 04-25-03, 07:28 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Nooooooooo!!! Sweeps month has started, so, of course, Abby's whacked family shows up again andn again and again...

I'm sad that Grams passed away, and Carter had to face it alone after a very stressful day in the ER.

Kovach did seem like another person with the Croatian surgeon in the house.

Susan's storyline is just dumb.

Looks like Pratt is moving on after this season. Will Deb follow (besides her protestations)?

Rocket Romano is slowing losing it as a doc, and his arm might be next.
Old 04-25-03, 07:31 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,726 Likes on 1,882 Posts
Another thing about the previews... is it just me, or do they have some kind of amazing miracle every week?

Give it a rest, already. This ain't Touched by an Angel.
Old 04-25-03, 07:36 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
I really liked Pratt's comments about Romano to the med students in regards to his treatment of the patient w/ the sore throat. Then Pratt was happy to get put on midnights. I hope Pratt isn't gone next year - I have really liked his character since he shipped Leon off to Baltimore.

Carter freaking out on Romano towards the end after he had the med-students working on the brain-dead patient was good, too.

I don't mind Tom Everett Scott popping up once in a while either, it's when Sally Field makes an appearance that I get frustrated w/ constantly watching Abby's family drama. Where are they going w/ Abby and Carter's relationship - it seems like a dead end. Either have them become engaged or break them up already.

I liked the Croatian story-line involving Luka and his med school friend. Especially when he called Romano a prince. At least we haven't seen as much of his downward spiral.

Last edited by B.A.; 04-25-03 at 07:38 AM.
Old 04-25-03, 07:55 AM

Spoiler:
Pratt and Chen are supposedly leaving this season
so at least they'll be able to trim down the number of plot lines and maybe do some real focus on the characters again like it was in the old days.
Old 04-25-03, 02:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
Spoiler:
Aw, I liked Chen and Pratt. It was OK, but the junkie's plot was pretty empty. But just an unsolved case, I guess. Susan and Chuck? I was expecting some more heat over that patient but the ended up kissing all of a sudden, kind of lame. I loved that part when all the med students ran out of the room from Romano.

Also when will Romano be on CJ next week? Monday?
Old 04-25-03, 08:12 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
not sure when, the add I saw in entertainment weekly just listed the celebs and not the days for each one (probably to make you tune in every night)
also in entertainment weekly it said Carter was the only original character left.
so when did Susan come on? because she was there early on, as was Chen for a season or so
and I always thought Weaver had been there all along too
Old 04-25-03, 09:18 PM
DVD Talk Hero

No, Weaver was not an original, nor was Chen. I can't recall if Susan (who came from NYPD Blue) was an original or showed up in season 2.

The originals (IIRC):

Mark
Doug
Carol
Peter
Carter
and maybe another female that I'm forgetting.

(plus many of the nurses)
Old 04-25-03, 09:21 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
umm...other than the speculation that tk-421 posted about possible future events, why are spoiler tags about the episode being used the day after it aired..?

about last night's ep..

it didn't annoy me like most in this thread.

i thought everyone had some great oneliners..[Frank, Abby, Romano [of course..]

the Carter/grandmother hit a little to close for me..but thankfully Abby's brother brought THAT to a screeching halt..

as for Chen..I hope she doesn't follow Pratt..I guess Mekhi's going to make "I Still Know That I Still Know What You Did Last Summer" or sumpthin..

oh..and about those promos..EVERY station does it now..it should be expected..[and that it's going to get WORSE too..]

btw...what ever happened to that "We gotta get rid of three nurses subplot..?" were they "red shirt*" nurses..?

*[Star Trek: tOS reference..]
Old 04-25-03, 09:47 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Great episode...I feel bad for Carter...
Old 04-25-03, 10:44 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Patman
[ I can't recall if Susan (who came from NYPD Blue) was an original or showed up in season 2.
Sherry Stringfield/Susan Lewis was there from the start.

I think she just gets docked for her time away from the show. Carter's the lone member with continual service.
Old 04-26-03, 06:48 AM
Enormous Genitals

Location: a small cottage on a cul de sac in the lower pits of hell.
Received 583 Likes on 335 Posts
Best line of the night - Romano: "How do you say 'bite my big one' in Croatian?"
Old 04-26-03, 10:09 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Jerry was there from the beginning, but he left in 1999 and came back in 2001.

Here's the IMDB cast list for ER.

Last edited by Patman; 04-26-03 at 10:11 AM.
Old 04-26-03, 12:29 PM
Banned

Originally posted by Buck Turgidson
I don't have a problem w/ Abby's family, per se. The only reason it bothers me to see TE Scott around is that he shoule be completing his second year on Philly. I actually like her interaction w/ her brother.
Actually Scott should be finishing his third year on The Street.
Old 04-26-03, 04:51 PM

I saw the "previously on ER" part and I saw Romano getting punched twice by I think two guys in a bar. What happened?!!
Old 04-26-03, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Hero

At the end of the episode before this week's, Romano was in a bar (I think a gay bar) and made some caustic remarks that angered a few of the patrons and they beat the living crap out of him.
Old 04-26-03, 05:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally posted by vallerie
I saw the "previously on ER" part and I saw Romano getting punched twice by I think two guys in a bar. What happened?!!
Typical Romano. He was at the bar, and started insulting those around him. Last week's episode closed with him getting knocked to the floor and beaten.

Originally posted by Rogue588
umm...other than the speculation that tk-421 posted about possible future events, why are spoiler tags about the episode being used the day after it aired..?
umm just in umm case someone umm didn't umm yet watch the umm episode. umm-kay?

Honk!
Old 04-26-03, 05:35 PM
DVD Talk Hero

and they totally dropped it and Romano is fine this week
they were really beating on him, he should have had some bruises this week unless this week was taking place quite a while later
Old 04-26-03, 07:12 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally posted by mikehunt
and they totally dropped it and Romano is fine this week
they were really beating on him, he should have had some bruises this week unless this week was taking place quite a while later
He had a red bruise on his face, under his left eye, but it looked almost fully healed, so i'm guessing this episode takes place about a week to two weeks later. Also, wasn't the wound on his arm caused by the fight, or was that unrelated.
Old 04-26-03, 07:55 PM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Received 110 Likes on 99 Posts
Man I so dislike the abby and family story line that I always forward through it.

the rest of the episode was ho-hum, I am afraid to admit it, but I think we need more weaver in the show.

Romano is a rockstar, but I can see him going off the rails with the arm thing.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.