Friends 04-17-03

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-03, 06:27 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Friends 04-17-03

EPISODE: The One With Rachel's Dream

Spoiler:
After a fawning Rachel convinces Joey to take her to the set of his soap opera, his heated romantic scene inspires her to later dream about her own romantic scenario with Joey -- and propels her to seek Monica's advice. Meanwhile, Chandler buys a non-refundable weekend getaway for Monica, but when she can't get time off, he reluctantly agrees to let fussy Ross join him. Back home, Monica's culinary skills have people lined up outside her restaurant -- until Phoebe decides to serenade them with her a-caustic guitar playing.
Old 04-17-03, 11:00 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
preview was a total lie
Old 04-17-03, 11:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Didn't really see the previews, but I guess that they are building up to having Rachel want Joey now. It is an obvious plot device that has been used way too many times in other series...
Old 04-18-03, 12:08 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 255 Likes on 193 Posts
I thought the Chandel and Ross parts were mildly amusing.

Other then that the only funny part was Monica and Phoebe insulting wach other at the coffee shop.
Old 04-18-03, 02:24 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
so so....i think working the Joey-Rachel angle is lame - if not unexpected. They need to drop that quick and just stick to the status quo.....get her and Ross together already!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-18-03, 02:33 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 954 Likes on 662 Posts
I really hate TV studios marketing people. I could really care less if it was a dream or not but if you advertise it to death then make sure it is something good.

That being said I thought it was a pretty good.

I really liked Maple Candy Ross!
Old 04-18-03, 05:59 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I guess it's a good thing they're carrying this show out one more season, because it gives them a chance to improve on the rather weak season this one has been.

Maple Candy Ross
Old 04-18-03, 07:44 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
I thought Ross with the maple candy was some of the funniest stuff they'd done with the character for a long time.
Old 04-18-03, 08:33 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 809 Likes on 598 Posts
I loved the maple candy bit. You think he'd go into shock after having all that sugar.
Old 04-18-03, 08:53 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I thought that the Maple Candy bit was the worst part of the show. "Look! He's hopped up on sugar! Get it! It's Ross! The dull one! And he's acting weird! It's funny because it's Ross!"
Old 04-18-03, 08:58 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 289 Likes on 210 Posts
I agree with what everyone has said here. I think that's night's show was good. And the second only decent episode this entire season (the best being the lottery one from two weeks ago, IMO). I also agree that need to drop the will they/won't they cliffhangers and teasing. First Rachel and Ross for 9 freaking years. Now Joey and Rachel? God, enough already. But, there were quite a few laugh out loud moments last night. I think my favorite was when Monica announed to her customers that she was the head chef and no one responded the way she expected. And then of course, her and Phoebe fighting in the coffee house.

BTW, you'd think that someone who works at Ralph Lauren, in a position that high, could afford their own apartment. Same with a soap star. Phoebe's a massage therapist and she has her own place
Old 04-18-03, 08:59 AM

Received 97 Likes on 80 Posts
Damn you NBC...previews was a total marketing ploy.
Old 04-18-03, 01:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm sorry but I nearly turned of my TV when "Maple Candy"Ross
started up. It just seems to me that for the last several seasons
the writers sit around and think:"Gee how can we make Ross even more head-splittingly annoying". Which is upseting because Ross was OK up until around the first Rachel-Ross breakup. Then came: "We were on a break" and "This doesn't help my rage" and pizza girl pick-up lines...

Also, I am very against the Joey/Rachel thing. Especially since Joey has been the funniest thing on this show for a long time, and last night I didn't laugh at him once. Don't bog him down with sappy emotional stories.
Old 04-18-03, 02:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 289 Likes on 210 Posts
Originally posted by sho kosugi
I'm sorry but I nearly turned of my TV when "Maple Candy"Ross
started up. It just seems to me that for the last several seasons
the writers sit around and think:"Gee how can we make Ross even more head-splittingly annoying". Which is upseting because Ross was OK up until around the first Rachel-Ross breakup. Then came: "We were on a break" and "This doesn't help my rage" and pizza girl pick-up lines...

Also, I am very against the Joey/Rachel thing. Especially since Joey has been the funniest thing on this show for a long time, and last night I didn't laugh at him once. Don't bog him down with sappy emotional stories.

I agree sho! Can you imagine Joey getting serious!? *Click*
Old 04-18-03, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Daytripper

BTW, you'd think that someone who works at Ralph Lauren, in a position that high, could afford their own apartment. Same with a soap star. Phoebe's a massage therapist and she has her own place
I think that they can but they just don't like living alone. For a while, Joey was living alone.

Decent episode. Monica's dream about Mayor McCheese had me
Old 04-18-03, 11:10 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The funniest line of the episode was from the audience track when Joey and Rachel kissed and then rachel woke up:

Wooooooo--ohhhhhhh
Old 04-19-03, 09:42 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I don't think I laughed once in this episode.