Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Buffy the Vampire Slayer ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-03, 10:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Buffy the Vampire Slayer ?

I never watched Buffy on TV, and so far I have watched up to season 3 on DVD. I was wondering if any one can tell me what is the last season I have to watch before I can start on Angel season 1. I wanna watch it in the same order it was on TV. Thanks
Old 04-12-03, 10:56 AM
MrN
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You need to watch Buffy season 4 at the same time as you watch Angel season 1. There were a couple of crossovers - so alternate Buffy, Angel, Buffy, Angel and so on by episode....
Old 04-12-03, 11:05 AM

Originally posted by MrN
You need to watch Buffy season 4 at the same time as you watch Angel season 1. There were a couple of crossovers - so alternate Buffy, Angel, Buffy, Angel and so on by episode....

Thanks, that helps alot. Now I only have to wait until June. Thats great news.
Old 04-12-03, 12:31 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
I think need is a very strong word.

I say go hog wild, smoke em while you got 'em, its only a TV show.
Old 04-12-03, 12:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Ditto. I have seen every episode of Buffy, but not one of Angel. I don't think that it is essential to see both at the same time, but it obviously would help.
Old 04-12-03, 05:39 PM

i have seen all the episodes of buffy (mainly in reruns), but am waiting for season 4 to come out so i can swap back and forth etween the shows. though it may not be necessary to do so, anything to heighten the experience is great with me.
Old 04-12-03, 06:54 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'm actually watching Angel Season 1 for the first time today. None of my local channels carried it at the time it aired. I started watching Angel during season two. I think it would have helped to have seen it while watching Buffy due to the crossover shows.

BTW Wiccan, The Rangers beat the A's on 04/10/03 and A-Rod is not overrated.
Old 04-12-03, 08:47 PM

Originally posted by joefrog91
BTW Wiccan, The Rangers beat the A's on 04/10/03 and A-Rod is not overrated.
d'oh. been forgetting to update the thing. we're 7-3 now with a game tonight in anaheim. and a-rod is still overrated.
Old 04-12-03, 09:31 PM
MrN
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally posted by movieking
Ditto. I have seen every episode of Buffy, but not one of Angel. I don't think that it is essential to see both at the same time, but it obviously would help.
If you haven't seen a single episode, I don't know how you would be a good judge of 'essential.'

But really, when there's a direct crossover, esp. when Buffy/Faith made appearances on Angel, they should be watched in order. You don't 'need' to, but you should.
Old 04-14-03, 10:08 AM

I watched buffy thru season 5 before I started watching Angel. I was suprised at how much of the overall storyline I missed by not watching Angel. While I wouldn't say it's totally essential I do think I greatly expands the Buffyverse. There's even one where they show the same thing happening in a Buffy episode and an Angel episode and on Angel the scene takes on a totally different context.
Old 04-14-03, 10:49 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Can someone point to a list of crossover episodes? Thanks.
Old 04-14-03, 12:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by MrN
If you haven't seen a single episode, I don't know how you would be a good judge of 'essential.'
Who would be a better judge? Those that have seen both can't really say, since they would carry knowledge of both shows. I can definitively say that you don't need to watch the Angel crossover shows in order to catch on with what is happening on Buffy.
Old 04-14-03, 01:05 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 354 Likes on 229 Posts
Originally posted by Strafe
I watched buffy thru season 5 before I started watching Angel. I was suprised at how much of the overall storyline I missed by not watching Angel. While I wouldn't say it's totally essential I do think I greatly expands the Buffyverse. There's even one where they show the same thing happening in a Buffy episode and an Angel episode and on Angel the scene takes on a totally different context.
I remember those episodes. I guess if you only watched Buffy, you would just miss the context and think you knew what really happened.

tasha
Old 04-14-03, 07:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Just saw the new one that you guys in the US will see tomorrow, and I do feel as though I am missing some information by not seeing Angel. I don't want to go into spoilers or anything, but watching Angel would seem to be a good idea before watching this episode.