Reload this Page >

Dead Zone 04/06/03

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Dead Zone 04/06/03

Old 04-08-03, 07:32 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Dead Zone 04/06/03

Interesting new use of John's powers this week.

Bruce sure looks much younger (and very different) with all his hair cut off.

But, the real question is: My TiVo stated "Season Finale" in the episode description. Does anybody know if that's the case? If so, it sure felt like a short season. I was expecting a cliffhanger involving the 'end-of-the-world' Stillson scenario.
Old 04-08-03, 07:36 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
It was clear to me that with such short season, the Stilson macrostory was going to play out like a long campaign, so this allows the writers to focus on character development, which is a nice change of pace over simply weekly plot development.

This season finale rallies around John's sidekick, Bruce, who now understands his place in the scheme of things and can trust Johnny on a deeper level.

The Dead Zone's season is only 13 episode long.

Also looking forward to the next season. Are we in for a year long wait, or another 3-4 months before the next season kicks off?
Old 04-08-03, 07:41 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Yeah, that was the season finale. Everything was bumped up a week when they yanked the bin Laden episode; plus the season is only 13 episodes to begin with.

I thought it was pretty enjoyable and great to see Louis Gossett, Jr. but definitely a letdown for a season finale. I guess they're going to drag out the Stillson thing for the entire run of the series. I agree that Bruce looks very different without the dreds.

Overall, a pretty solid second season. I'd like to see this show hang around for a while.

das
Old 04-08-03, 09:58 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I really thought that was one of the weaker episodes of the series so far. I just really didn't care too much about what was going on. And since nothing in the episode really happened other than some fairly meaningless personal enlightenment, it seemed like a filler episode. Why have your season finale be a filler episode?
Old 04-08-03, 11:17 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 373 Likes on 272 Posts
What! This was the season finale? Dang!

I thought it was a real good episode and enjoyed the darker side of what could have been. Sort of 'It's a wonderful life' in how Bruce's life effected johnny. I was wondering why there were no previews for the next episode.

Hopefully they start in on season one as I only caught the piolt on DVD before the start of this season.
Old 04-08-03, 02:10 PM
Suspended

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fill Me in What Bin Laden Episode? I did'nt hear about this. Where did it fall in the episode run ? Is it being yanked permenently ?
Old 04-08-03, 02:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I saw an episode listing on my Tivo for an ep called "The Hunt for Osama". I thought it sounded like a joke or something.

According to TV Tome:
http://www.tvtome.com/DeadZone/season2.html

26. The Hunt for Osama

A secret part of the CIA recruits Johnny to help search for Osama Bin Laden.

b: UNAIRED pc: 2012 w: Michael Taylor

NOTE: Originally scheduled to air March 30, 2003. This episode has been taken off the Season 2 schedule because of the impending war with Iraq.
It makes some sense that this episode was originally supposed to air after "The Man Who Never Was", because the main character of that episode, Jeffrey Grissom, said to Johnny, "Did you know that the government uses psychics?" In "The Hunt for Osama", that is the topic of the episode.

Last edited by Jadzia; 04-08-03 at 02:46 PM.
Old 05-15-03, 04:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There's a message from Executive Producer Michael Piller over at USA Network. The teleplay of the Osama episode sounds awesome. I hope they decide to air it.

Mike