Scare Tactics anyone?

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Scare Tactics anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-03, 04:24 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I want to see the UFO one.
Old 04-13-03, 12:29 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
They've been repeating that episode Jack.
Old 04-13-03, 10:59 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
the first episode (the only one I've seen) was very funny
but it has nothing to do with science fiction, which is why it's bashed

Originally posted by caiman
Why is everyone giving this show such a hard time? IMHO, it's one of the funniest hidden camera/pracitcal joke shows ever. I find myself laughing out loud at least once or twice with each episode.
Old 04-13-03, 11:46 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,023 Likes on 813 Posts
I thought the entire point of the series was to re-enact scenes from popular horror movies with the unsuspecting... Last time I checked Cheesy/Popular Horror Movies were right up Sci-fis alley.

That said, I think it's pretty funny too heh.
Old 04-13-03, 02:48 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Originally posted by mikehunt
the first episode (the only one I've seen) was very funny

skits about Big foot, UFO's, High tech weapons.. I would say it has more to do with Sci Fi then most of the other stuff Sci Fi shows.
Old 04-15-03, 05:59 PM

Did anyone see the promo for the next episode...from what i notice, it looked like a girl was "punking" her grandfather...and it looked like he was cutting a guys hair...and then the guy starts to bleed from the head and the old guy passes out and falls to the floor and the girl starts screaming and the guy, (sitting on the chair) takes off the wig and is suprised...i thought maybe the old guy was in on it, but it was a pretty old guy, who would break a hip from the fall he took....
Old 04-15-03, 06:19 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
BWAH HA HA HA HA...

that's so Sci Fi!
[Not to mention laugh inducing..]

So the impression that i'm getting is that these non"Sci-Fi" "punks" are okay since they throw the "Sci-Fi" geeks a bone every now and then by showing Bigfoot, a UFO, etc..

..mmmmkay.

[I think I just need to unsubscribe to this thread..I feel like i'm pissin' in the wind..]
Old 04-15-03, 08:12 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Maybe you should unsubscrible to the thread if it's making your response sound like a prick. Lets put it this way.. the general make up of a show, lets take the most recent episode:

Bio-tech "zombie" sort of creature in a clean up crew

the next one deals with a creepy cult.

Third skit deals with a repo man from hell who seems to be killing folks

last prank is a gorilla going crazy.

I'm sorry, but to me most of these situations would be considered a bit on the Science FICTION side of story telling. If you really don't like the show, don't watch it. I'm sure TNN SPIKE network will feel your need for Sci-Fi with one of the many TNG marathons they show on any given weekend.

I would relate this sort of Sci-Fi with the justification of why the twilight zone is on Sci-Fi. it's telling you a story of something that is FICTION. a bizar event. I'm satisfied with the bone they throw me along the lines of bigfoot, UFO's or Bio-freaks.
Old 04-16-03, 01:43 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
The only reason I can discern you making a statement such as "Maybe you should unsubscrible* to the thread if it's making your response sound like a prick." is that you interpreted a response of mine as a slam towards you..[?] If that's the case, this is far from the truth. You enjoy the show and that's your perogative.

Reading the thread again [From the beginning..], perhaps I, too, should've left it at das' "Obligatory 'this show can bite me' ".

I can also see how you might think I was responding to one of your posts talking about the skits and how "..it has more to do with Sci Fi then most of the other stuff Sci Fi shows" and in that regards you are correct. I don't know if you've been following the changes at Sci-Fi, but it essentially went from a Sci Fi "niche" channel to your basic cable channel [Some refer to it as USA2]. When there's a channel that calls itself the "Sci Fi Channel", should I really have to turn to TNN** to watch Sci Fi? Nor do I consider TNG to be the be-all end-all for Science Fiction.

Thinking about it now, I suppose I don't go to MTV for Music on TeleVision anymore, so I guess it's just the natural progression of things..

*Not saying that was your suggestion..

**[I'm assuming TNN is related to this Spike network you're talking about? Or did something happen on TNN?
Old 04-16-03, 05:28 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

TNN is changing it's name to the SPIKE network. Yes I have been aware of the changes to sci fi with them showing braveheart and so forth. very crappy indeed when they have a slew of old shows they could easily get the rights to air. But considering scare tactics does have some aspects of the sci fi
Old 07-21-03, 03:36 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
Bleh - I almost wanted to start a new thread since this one was corrupted...

Anyway - I really like this show - one of the funniest shows on television. I've been watching it when I happen to catch it - I've only seen 4 episodes so far I think... maybe 5 - how many have there been?

The alien prank was friggin hilarious - that dude flew out of the car leaving his date to die... he practically kicked her in the face. And that dude in the hitchhiker gag beat the hell out of that actor. That's comedy. Some of you people have no sense of humor.

Sci-fi is a pretty worthless channel except for the occasional gem like this.
Old 08-30-10, 08:39 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 452 Likes on 310 Posts
Re: Scare Tactics anyone?

New season should be starting up later this year, I think?