TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Ed - 4/4

Old 04-04-03, 09:43 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ed - 4/4

"Can I shave now?"

"Hey, I think you could do it. People love the sounds."

Mustachioed Mike completely owns this episode.

Carol looked so good in the knight suit.
Old 04-04-03, 10:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2 hours to go!!!! Come on, Time!!! Fly!!!
Old 04-04-03, 10:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Mediocre episode, IMO. Great to see Michael Winslow as himself (ala Taye Diggs in the Lucid Dream episode). Carol looked great, and Mike and his mustache were hilarious...
Old 04-04-03, 10:52 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
We need to merge the two Ed threads together.
Old 04-05-03, 01:19 AM

Now that we have one Ed thread here are my comments. I was disappointed at how they ended the Warren and Stella storyline. I wanted other people to find out about them Carol especially. I think this was a very average episode. Mustache Mike stole the show. Christopher Lloyd's character was kinda mediocre. I liked his character on Malcolm in the Middlle alot better than this. I hope next week is good. I would appreciate someone posting the ratings when they come out and thank you very much in advance.

Last edited by lwhy?; 04-05-03 at 01:21 AM.
Old 04-05-03, 01:28 AM
DVD Talk Legend

what is up with this....I thought Ed was on Wednesdays?!?!??!?!? yet this week i tuned in to Dateline......whassup?
Old 04-05-03, 01:30 AM

Originally posted by brizz
what is up with this....I thought Ed was on Wednesdays?!?!??!?!? yet this week i tuned in to Dateline......whassup?
They moved Ed to Fridays. Ed would have been competing with Survivor during the NCAA Tourney. It has been a good move so far. Ed won its timeslot last Friday. This is good news for a show that could be cancelled.
Old 04-05-03, 09:57 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

It was an OK episode but I really can't wait for the season (and hopefully not series) finale next week. Carol just flat out bugged me in this episode the conversation between her and Frankie shows she has no clue whats she's doing. I really really hope Ed chooses Frankie but I have a feeling that's not the case. Nice to see Michael Winslow still hanging around. Christpher Lloyd was interesting. Bowling alley heist? What on earth?
Old 04-05-03, 01:33 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by lisadoris
[B]Carol just flat out bugged me in this episode the conversation between her and Frankie shows she has no clue whats she's doing. I really really hope Ed chooses Frankie but I have a feeling that's not the case. /B]
Glad I'm not the only one....on both counts.
Old 04-05-03, 02:42 PM

wish we could have a poll in here with who people want ed to go with (not who they think he will). i'm definitely in the ed should take frankie camp (partly because i'd love to see more of sabrina lloyd on a weekly basis), but i doubt this will happen since now even molly is screwing up the chances of that happening. and with frankie visiting leon in texas, i think the chances of frankie getting the man are running slim.

frankie's character is much more enjoyable to me than carol's, but if people are going to go on hotness, carol should win. i am just hoping that if carol and ed do end up together that it was planned, not a last ditch effort to regain ratings and salvage the show.
Old 04-05-03, 03:47 PM
dek
DVD Talk Legend

Location: On the road to reclaiming Lord Stanleys Cup, Turlock CA
I want Ed to definately take Carol now, Frankie has been grating the past few episodes. Throw her on West Wing and let Ed and Carol get back to the business at hand
Old 04-05-03, 04:00 PM

Carol's bugged me since the show started, so it was nice to see Ed repeatedly shoot her down at the beginning of the episode.

Count me in as somebody else who wants to see Ed pick Frankie.

Now I'm worried the season's going to end in the same way as the first season of Felicity. Ed picks, but the show ends before we find out who. That'd suck.
Old 04-05-03, 04:33 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Well, apparently Sabrina Lloyd turned down a regular spot on the show next season, so take that into your analysis of whom Ed will choose.
Old 04-05-03, 06:42 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by dstrauss
Well, apparently Sabrina Lloyd turned down a regular spot on the show next season, so take that into your analysis of whom Ed will choose.
That sounds like a stupid career move. Between Sports Night and Ed - I don't think she has had very much going for her.
Old 04-05-03, 07:58 PM

Decent episode. Mike's mustache bit and the appearance of Michael Winslow were hilarious touches...can't wait for the finale!
Old 04-05-03, 08:32 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

the only thing going for me this hour was ed and carol. all of the other subplots didn't do much for me, except for mike and the moustache. next week cannot come quick enough.
Old 04-05-03, 08:39 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Abe Vigoda was excellent in this episode.

das
Old 04-05-03, 08:43 PM

Originally posted by dstrauss
where's this news from? makes me very very sad. she is my favorite character on tv right now.
Old 04-05-03, 09:53 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

in case anyone cares, i got this ratings update from www.stuckeyville.com...
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, from this press release at NBCMV.com, I take it that NBC were happy with how Ed performed last night:

"AMERICA'S MOST TALENTED KID AND ED ARE BIG FRIDAY WINNERS"

"ED" SWEEPS THE 9 P.M. HOUR IN ALL KEY CATEGORIES AND SCORES THE MOST DECISIVE 18-49 WIN FOR ANY NETWORK IN THE SLOT SINCE JANUARY:

From 9-10 p.m. ET, "Ed" (3.7/11 in 18-49, 10.3 million viewers overall) surged 16 percent above last week's strong 18-49 result for the show's first Friday telecast. That jump gave "Ed" a 42 percent margin of victory in the time period, biggest for any network that hour since January. "Ed" led the slot in virtually every key demographic, households and total viewers. The critically acclaimed third-year drama is scheduled to conclude its third season next Friday night.

For the entire release: http://nbcmv.com/release_detail.nbc/...smosttale.html
Old 04-05-03, 11:50 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Whoda thunk that the Friday night move would have been such a great move for the series. With ratings like that NBC would be stupid to cancel the series......a stupid TV executive....damn, it still could be canceled!
Old 04-06-03, 01:59 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Poor Michael Winslow. He signs up for a movie and walks into madness.

"Tyra Bowling Alleys"

Honk!
Old 04-06-03, 03:12 AM

awesome news on the rating. hopefully this puts them over the top for renewing a few seasons.

Last edited by WiccanPagan; 04-06-03 at 03:20 AM.