TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Friends 04/03

Old 04-04-03, 12:05 AM
  #1  
DVD Talk God
Thread Starter
 
Deftones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: Arizona
Posts: 75,018
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Friends 04/03

just a quick question. what happend in the little segment when the credits air? Friggin NBC always starts this show too early and it gets cut off by my Tivo.

I am guessing that some homeless person won the lottery b/c they found the ticket on the street, but that's just a hunch.
Old 04-04-03, 12:22 AM
  #2  
MrX
DVD Talk Legend
 
MrX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Chicago
Posts: 24,790
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I don't remember if it was a homeless person but someone won $10,000 with one of the tickets.
Old 04-04-03, 02:08 AM
  #3  
Guest
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: behind you!!!
Posts: 2,650
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
not a terrible episode. one of the better ones in a while. while not as good as older seasons this ep was not crap.
Old 04-04-03, 03:00 AM
  #4  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Kal-El's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Fortress of Solitude
Posts: 7,982
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I liked it cuz it was a FRIENDS episode. 1 storyline and the cast was together the whole time.
Old 04-04-03, 04:20 AM
  #5  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Gator Nation
Posts: 6,345
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
That's what was different about it!

I kept thinking "man there is something different about the feel of this ep."

its because everyone was together and having a fun relaxed episode.
Old 04-04-03, 05:55 AM
  #6  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Newfoundland, Canada
Posts: 14,020
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Decent ep. At the end, Gunther tells them that someone won $10,000 with a ticket that they found on the street.
Old 04-04-03, 07:07 AM
  #7  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Chew's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 1999
Location: South of Titletown
Posts: 18,628
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by movieking
Decent ep. At the end, Gunther tells them that someone won $10,000 with a ticket that they found on the street.
And Phoebe does another one of her pigeon apologies.
Old 04-04-03, 08:07 AM
  #8  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Newfoundland, Canada
Posts: 14,020
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
coo! coo!
Old 04-04-03, 08:20 AM
  #9  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: Maumee, OH, USA
Posts: 3,340
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Friends 04/03

Originally posted by Deftones
just a quick question. what happend in the little segment when the credits air? Friggin NBC always starts this show too early and it gets cut off by my Tivo.

I am guessing that some homeless person won the lottery b/c they found the ticket on the street, but that's just a hunch.
Well if you also TIVO Scrubs (as you should), then it would be at the beginning of that recording. I simply started padding NBC Thurs programming by 5 minutes.
Old 04-04-03, 08:23 AM
  #10  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 9,592
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by WiccanPagan
not a terrible episode. one of the better ones in a while. while not as good as older seasons this ep was not crap.
Exactly! I thought this was the best episode all season. Actually, the only good episode. A little too late!? But I laughed out loud several times. It just felt like classic "Friends".
Old 04-04-03, 11:39 AM
  #11  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 1999
Posts: 872
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wow.. i guess i'm the only one who really hated the episode. Just the whole "lottery" concept seemed extremely lame to me. It was nice that they were all together, but i didn't really find the plotline interesting at all. I did laugh out loud a few times, but at the end of the show i just thought "bleh"
Old 04-04-03, 12:11 PM
  #12  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 9,592
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Darq
wow.. i guess i'm the only one who really hated the episode. Just the whole "lottery" concept seemed extremely lame to me. It was nice that they were all together, but i didn't really find the plotline interesting at all. I did laugh out loud a few times, but at the end of the show i just thought "bleh"

Hey, compared to other episodes this year, like Chandler posting messages about Ross having sex with Dinosaurs on his high school website or Rachel's male co-worker (obviously) hiding behind a curtain so Ross didn't know he was in their apartment (what is this, "Lucy"!?), last night's show was a freakin' masterpiece. IMO that is
Old 04-04-03, 12:13 PM
  #13  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Join Date: Jun 1999
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 3,331
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It's interesting. I was listening to the commentary on the season 3 episode "The One where No One's Ready" and the producers talk about how these days they are rarely able to have episodes where everyone is in the same scene.

This is where I think the show has gone wrong for the past couple years. Some of the best stuff on Friends were their interaction when they are all together.
Old 04-04-03, 03:02 PM
  #14  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Indiana
Posts: 2,462
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
the episode was alright...i didn't think it was anything special.. seemed a bit too predictable..as soon as pheobe stepped outside i knew she would lose the tickets and someone would find them and win..though i guess they did recover some of them and even won $3, but still
Old 04-04-03, 04:27 PM
  #15  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Charlie Goose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Sesame Street (the apt. next to Bob's)
Posts: 20,199
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Some funny lines from Ross, of all people.

"A wishbone AND a psychic? Give someone else a chance!"

I do think it was a little too sitcommy to have Chandler promoted from intern to junior copywriter in one swoop. Don't you need some training or college experience in advertising to get a job like that? Not to mention that he just joined the company a couple of months ago. It's just like it was with Rachel. She was a waitress with zero work experience, and within 5 years she was an executive at Ralph Lauren with her own office and an assistant. Small nitpick, I know.

Honk!
Old 04-04-03, 04:37 PM
  #16  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Seattle
Posts: 8,978
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Re: Friends 04/03

Originally posted by bralph
Well if you also TIVO Scrubs (as you should), then it would be at the beginning of that recording. I simply started padding NBC Thurs programming by 5 minutes.
I agree! If you don't record Scrubs, then you don't deserve to see the closing credits to Friends
Old 04-04-03, 04:40 PM
  #17  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Rypro 525's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: a frikin hellhole
Posts: 28,263
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The "who's your daddy" bit was hysterical. Although predictable (you kind of knew they were not gonna go down the "roseanne" route right) it was still a great episode as most have been this season.
Old 04-04-03, 09:20 PM
  #18  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Posts: 7,770
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
man some of you guys are too hard to please.

its friends.

its a sitcom.

its suppose to be silly.

too predictable?! comeon. what do you expect for a 22 minute show thats suppose to make you laugh...not keep you guessing til the last second (because really, there arent that many to begin with)!

who cares about the story line?! this isnt a movie up for an award with some deep developed story with hidden meanings and a twist ending! its a funny show about 6 people and whats funny about is how they act...its the characters. not the fact thats its about a 'lotto ticket'

just enjoy it! it wont be around much longer. i know its one of the few comedies left that is actually funny...i still cant decide which of them is my fav cuz i laugh at each of their unique styles. and im so glad they changed the writers a few years ago...i hated the first 4-5 years. recently the show has been great!
Old 04-04-03, 09:40 PM
  #19  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Posts: 7,985
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This episode didn't completely suck; therefore, it rose slightly above most of the other episodes over the last few years.
Old 04-04-03, 10:08 PM
  #20  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Newfoundland, Canada
Posts: 14,020
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think that last year was pretty good, since it involved the new material of Joey and Rachel. It looks like they are going to be picking up that angle again shortly...
Old 04-05-03, 12:46 AM
  #21  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 9,592
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by atari2600
man some of you guys are too hard to please.

its friends.

its a sitcom.

its suppose to be silly.

too predictable?! comeon. what do you expect for a 22 minute show thats suppose to make you laugh...not keep you guessing til the last second (because really, there arent that many to begin with)!

who cares about the story line?! this isnt a movie up for an award with some deep developed story with hidden meanings and a twist ending! its a funny show about 6 people and whats funny about is how they act...its the characters. not the fact thats its about a 'lotto ticket'

just enjoy it! it wont be around much longer. i know its one of the few comedies left that is actually funny...i still cant decide which of them is my fav cuz i laugh at each of their unique styles. and im so glad they changed the writers a few years ago...i hated the first 4-5 years. recently the show has been great!

What do I expect from a show that's suppose to make me laugh!? How about a funny show! Which this used to be. If a series is well written, I really don't care too much about it's story line. Especially if it's a sitcom. But, as it's been pointed out by so many people here lately, the quality of this show all around has dropped significantly in just one year. Which I think is really sad considering I feel the first eight seasons were classic.
Old 04-05-03, 01:24 AM
  #22  
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
lwhy?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Nashville and Crossville, TN
Posts: 4,881
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
It was a pretty good episode. The have been showing trailers for the May Sweeps episodes and they appear pretty good also. Maybe the end of the season will improve after this episode.
Old 04-05-03, 03:20 AM
  #23  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Posts: 7,770
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Daytripper
What do I expect from a show that's suppose to make me laugh!? How about a funny show! Which this used to be. If a series is well written, I really don't care too much about it's story line. Especially if it's a sitcom. But, as it's been pointed out by so many people here lately, the quality of this show all around has dropped significantly in just one year. Which I think is really sad considering I feel the first eight seasons were classic.
wow i feel the opposite. i felt the writing and the jokes the first few years was HORRIBLE. cheesy, lame jokes and they tried to pull them off with the actors being silly.

now they are just being funny...i dont care what they are being funny about - its how they act that makes the show. all 6 have their own styles and its great IMO.
Old 04-05-03, 07:49 PM
  #24  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
nazz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Land of the Free
Posts: 5,989
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Chew
And Phoebe does another one of her pigeon apologies.
You didn't mention what I thought was the funniest part. Everyone looking at Phoebe knowing that she's faking teh pigeon voice and then you see Joey looking around in the air
afraid of the pigeon.
Old 04-05-03, 10:08 PM
  #25  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Posts: 7,770
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lol. that part ruled.

i was dying of laughter during the phone message.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.