Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Friends 04/03

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-03, 11:05 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,366 Likes on 928 Posts
Friends 04/03

just a quick question. what happend in the little segment when the credits air? Friggin NBC always starts this show too early and it gets cut off by my Tivo.

I am guessing that some homeless person won the lottery b/c they found the ticket on the street, but that's just a hunch.
Old 04-03-03, 11:22 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts
I don't remember if it was a homeless person but someone won $10,000 with one of the tickets.
Old 04-04-03, 01:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
not a terrible episode. one of the better ones in a while. while not as good as older seasons this ep was not crap.
Old 04-04-03, 02:00 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I liked it cuz it was a FRIENDS episode. 1 storyline and the cast was together the whole time.
Old 04-04-03, 03:20 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 961 Likes on 668 Posts
That's what was different about it!

I kept thinking "man there is something different about the feel of this ep."

its because everyone was together and having a fun relaxed episode.
Old 04-04-03, 04:55 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Decent ep. At the end, Gunther tells them that someone won $10,000 with a ticket that they found on the street.
Old 04-04-03, 06:07 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by movieking
Decent ep. At the end, Gunther tells them that someone won $10,000 with a ticket that they found on the street.
And Phoebe does another one of her pigeon apologies.
Old 04-04-03, 07:07 AM
DVD Talk Legend

coo! coo!
Old 04-04-03, 07:20 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 44 Likes on 33 Posts
Re: Friends 04/03

Originally posted by Deftones
just a quick question. what happend in the little segment when the credits air? Friggin NBC always starts this show too early and it gets cut off by my Tivo.

I am guessing that some homeless person won the lottery b/c they found the ticket on the street, but that's just a hunch.
Well if you also TIVO Scrubs (as you should), then it would be at the beginning of that recording. I simply started padding NBC Thurs programming by 5 minutes.
Old 04-04-03, 07:23 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 290 Likes on 211 Posts
Originally posted by WiccanPagan
not a terrible episode. one of the better ones in a while. while not as good as older seasons this ep was not crap.
Exactly! I thought this was the best episode all season. Actually, the only good episode. A little too late!? But I laughed out loud several times. It just felt like classic "Friends".
Old 04-04-03, 10:39 AM

wow.. i guess i'm the only one who really hated the episode. Just the whole "lottery" concept seemed extremely lame to me. It was nice that they were all together, but i didn't really find the plotline interesting at all. I did laugh out loud a few times, but at the end of the show i just thought "bleh"
Old 04-04-03, 11:11 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Darq
wow.. i guess i'm the only one who really hated the episode. Just the whole "lottery" concept seemed extremely lame to me. It was nice that they were all together, but i didn't really find the plotline interesting at all. I did laugh out loud a few times, but at the end of the show i just thought "bleh"

Hey, compared to other episodes this year, like Chandler posting messages about Ross having sex with Dinosaurs on his high school website or Rachel's male co-worker (obviously) hiding behind a curtain so Ross didn't know he was in their apartment (what is this, "Lucy"!?), last night's show was a freakin' masterpiece. IMO that is
Old 04-04-03, 11:13 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 28 Likes on 9 Posts
It's interesting. I was listening to the commentary on the season 3 episode "The One where No One's Ready" and the producers talk about how these days they are rarely able to have episodes where everyone is in the same scene.

This is where I think the show has gone wrong for the past couple years. Some of the best stuff on Friends were their interaction when they are all together.
Old 04-04-03, 02:02 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

the episode was alright...i didn't think it was anything special.. seemed a bit too predictable..as soon as pheobe stepped outside i knew she would lose the tickets and someone would find them and win..though i guess they did recover some of them and even won $3, but still
Old 04-04-03, 03:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Some funny lines from Ross, of all people.

"A wishbone AND a psychic? Give someone else a chance!"

I do think it was a little too sitcommy to have Chandler promoted from intern to junior copywriter in one swoop. Don't you need some training or college experience in advertising to get a job like that? Not to mention that he just joined the company a couple of months ago. It's just like it was with Rachel. She was a waitress with zero work experience, and within 5 years she was an executive at Ralph Lauren with her own office and an assistant. Small nitpick, I know.

Honk!
Old 04-04-03, 03:37 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Re: Friends 04/03

Originally posted by bralph
Well if you also TIVO Scrubs (as you should), then it would be at the beginning of that recording. I simply started padding NBC Thurs programming by 5 minutes.
I agree! If you don't record Scrubs, then you don't deserve to see the closing credits to Friends
Old 04-04-03, 03:40 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The "who's your daddy" bit was hysterical. Although predictable (you kind of knew they were not gonna go down the "roseanne" route right) it was still a great episode as most have been this season.
Old 04-04-03, 08:20 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

man some of you guys are too hard to please.

its friends.

its a sitcom.

its suppose to be silly.

too predictable?! comeon. what do you expect for a 22 minute show thats suppose to make you laugh...not keep you guessing til the last second (because really, there arent that many to begin with)!

who cares about the story line?! this isnt a movie up for an award with some deep developed story with hidden meanings and a twist ending! its a funny show about 6 people and whats funny about is how they act...its the characters. not the fact thats its about a 'lotto ticket'

just enjoy it! it wont be around much longer. i know its one of the few comedies left that is actually funny...i still cant decide which of them is my fav cuz i laugh at each of their unique styles. and im so glad they changed the writers a few years ago...i hated the first 4-5 years. recently the show has been great!
Old 04-04-03, 08:40 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

This episode didn't completely suck; therefore, it rose slightly above most of the other episodes over the last few years.
Old 04-04-03, 09:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I think that last year was pretty good, since it involved the new material of Joey and Rachel. It looks like they are going to be picking up that angle again shortly...
Old 04-04-03, 11:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by atari2600
man some of you guys are too hard to please.

its friends.

its a sitcom.

its suppose to be silly.

too predictable?! comeon. what do you expect for a 22 minute show thats suppose to make you laugh...not keep you guessing til the last second (because really, there arent that many to begin with)!

who cares about the story line?! this isnt a movie up for an award with some deep developed story with hidden meanings and a twist ending! its a funny show about 6 people and whats funny about is how they act...its the characters. not the fact thats its about a 'lotto ticket'

just enjoy it! it wont be around much longer. i know its one of the few comedies left that is actually funny...i still cant decide which of them is my fav cuz i laugh at each of their unique styles. and im so glad they changed the writers a few years ago...i hated the first 4-5 years. recently the show has been great!

What do I expect from a show that's suppose to make me laugh!? How about a funny show! Which this used to be. If a series is well written, I really don't care too much about it's story line. Especially if it's a sitcom. But, as it's been pointed out by so many people here lately, the quality of this show all around has dropped significantly in just one year. Which I think is really sad considering I feel the first eight seasons were classic.
Old 04-05-03, 12:24 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 812 Likes on 601 Posts
It was a pretty good episode. The have been showing trailers for the May Sweeps episodes and they appear pretty good also. Maybe the end of the season will improve after this episode.
Old 04-05-03, 02:20 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by Daytripper
What do I expect from a show that's suppose to make me laugh!? How about a funny show! Which this used to be. If a series is well written, I really don't care too much about it's story line. Especially if it's a sitcom. But, as it's been pointed out by so many people here lately, the quality of this show all around has dropped significantly in just one year. Which I think is really sad considering I feel the first eight seasons were classic.
wow i feel the opposite. i felt the writing and the jokes the first few years was HORRIBLE. cheesy, lame jokes and they tried to pull them off with the actors being silly.

now they are just being funny...i dont care what they are being funny about - its how they act that makes the show. all 6 have their own styles and its great IMO.
Old 04-05-03, 06:49 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by Chew
And Phoebe does another one of her pigeon apologies.
You didn't mention what I thought was the funniest part. Everyone looking at Phoebe knowing that she's faking teh pigeon voice and then you see Joey looking around in the air
afraid of the pigeon.
Old 04-05-03, 09:08 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

lol. that part ruled.

i was dying of laughter during the phone message.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.