Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

24 4/1/03 12am-1am

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-03, 09:44 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
The intention was to get a war started in the middle east, and thus creating an oil shortage, which would drive the oil prices on this side of the world skyhigh, which would profit the folks who put this diabolical plan in motion.
Old 04-02-03, 09:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I thought that the 7th snake said that he wanted to use the Warner's corp. jet. since the corporation had a government clearance of some sort that would allow him to get out of the country easily. And to get access to the jet he would need an officer from the corporation, and since Mr. Warner wasn't available, that is why he wanted Kate.
Old 04-02-03, 10:59 AM
Suspended

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Just my 2 cents, but I think either of Palmer's staff members (the bald guy or the girl, I don't even remember their names, hehe) and one of the CTU girls are working for someone else. And really, WHAT is the point of having Kim in the show so much? I'm assuming it's just filler so they don't have to make too much happen on the "main" storyline each episode? Pretty annoying, like they can't create enough stuff for Jack to do!
Old 04-02-03, 11:49 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I think Mike is really in the dark, but I don't trust Lynne anymore.
Old 04-02-03, 11:55 AM

Received 112 Likes on 91 Posts
Was not impressed with this episode at all. In the last few moments, I realized there wasn't a 'holy ****' moment, so the last minute ambush did not surprise me one bit.
Old 04-02-03, 12:50 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My gripe was when Michelle got up to leave the room and she left her workstation UNLOCKED!
Old 04-02-03, 12:59 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Yeah. That got me too. Even when I leave to go to the bathroom at work, I lock up my PC. You'd think that she'd be a little more vigilant.

D
Old 04-02-03, 02:01 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by Chew
I was really hoping the stupid Kim storylines would start winding their way back into the main storyline like last year, but guess that won't be the case.

[Weekly 'yeah right' scene] Tony took less than 10 minutes to go to the hospital, get X-rays of his ankle, get a walking cast, get crutches, and get back to CTU? [/Weekly 'yeah right' scene]
btw, he did not go to the hospital, they went to get a first aid kit, and they said early on that it was a sprained ankle from what they could tell, but since he is still the man in charge at ctu, he couldn't get an x ray.
Old 04-02-03, 03:06 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Oh, now that I think of it, that oil bit, the wifebeater we haven't seen for a long time who wanted to go to Mexico with the kid, I will betcha he has some interest in this on the oil issue with the american companies.
Old 04-02-03, 03:22 PM
DVD Talk Hero

What was in the prieview? The local news cut in a little early. I did how ever see...
Spoiler:
That the gun battle Jack was involved in was still going on, then we saw that Kim told one of the officers that she escaped from police ect. and we see a shot of Kim in cuffs at some jail.
and that was it. Fill me in on what I missed.
Old 04-02-03, 03:46 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 285 Likes on 218 Posts
The only other part I remember was
Spoiler:
someguy with a gun pointed at Kate
Old 04-02-03, 04:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Rypro PG-13
btw, he did not go to the hospital, they went to get a first aid kit, and they said early on that it was a sprained ankle from what they could tell, but since he is still the man in charge at ctu, he couldn't get an x ray.
Ok. I had to know for sure though, so here's the timeline:

12:05 Medical-type lady tells Tony: "it doesn't appear to be broken" then, ".....needs to be X-rayed"

12:11 Tony comes into CTU on crutches with a walking cast.
Michelle: "What did the doctor say?"
Tony: "They think it may be a torn ligament"

That's still a lot of doctoring in 6 minutes.

Ahhhh, the power of TiVo.
Old 04-02-03, 04:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Get the name of his HMO!
Old 04-02-03, 05:34 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Originally posted by Rypro PG-13
What was in the prieview? ... Fill me in on what I missed.
Spoiler:
The other thing -- riots starting up on the East Coast and Palmer getting pretty pissed about it..
Old 04-03-03, 07:39 AM
Enormous Genitals

Location: a small cottage on a cul de sac in the lower pits of hell.
Received 609 Likes on 349 Posts
No blood for oil!

Mike's in on it big time. He and the VP had this cooked up and their strings are being pulled by the people who financed Palmer's campaign.
Old 04-03-03, 12:40 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by The_Greek
I thought that the 7th snake said that he wanted to use the Warner's corp. jet. since the corporation had a government clearance of some sort that would allow him to get out of the country easily. And to get access to the jet he would need an officer from the corporation, and since Mr. Warner wasn't available, that is why he wanted Kate.
Help me out here...didn't the Snake guy also say they needed Daddy Warner to get the clearance, or did I misunderstand that? If so, doesn't that mean that Jack will be breaking into CTU again to get him?
Old 04-03-03, 03:56 PM

Clearance has to come from Bob Warner or one of his partners-- Kate, apparently, being one of them. As everyone else has mentioned, this "DoD clearance" is a really weak reason to need Kate Warner, and hopefully there is something more to it.

Say, did anybody notice Jack drive out of the parking garage where they should have done the Sayed Ali transfer?

So, the only motives we have for this so far for people to conspire with Ali the terrorist is either a) warmongers thought they could boost the defense budget and b) some oil companies could have their holdings quadruple in value if a war in the Middle East starts? Good grief, that's weak. I hope a company would at least want to have their holdings go up 10x if they're going to sacrifice a whole city to a nuke.

I think Dick Cheney and Halliburton is behind all of this, trying to get contracts to douse oil well fires.