Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Possible new info on "Ripper" (Spoilers???)

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-03, 03:31 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 259 Likes on 152 Posts

from AICN (and we all know what that means...)

The BBC's proposed six-hour “Buffy the Vampire Slayer” spinoff centered around Rupert Giles may emerge as a two-hour telefilm instead.
Anthony Stewart Head, who plays Giles, talked to ICLiverpool. Here’s what he said:
"I talked to ['Buffy' mastermind Joss Whedon]," says Head. "He said that instead of getting himself committed to another hour-long detective show like Angel, he'd rather do a two-hour movie.

"It would look in depth into the character more. He's interested in Giles' character. It could be a one-off, and if anybody liked it, they'd go from there.

"At the moment, that's what I'm looking at. It makes more sense all round and I know the BBC are still up for it. Joss has got so many ideas - it's not good for one man."
Old 03-26-03, 06:24 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sounds interesting, I would like to see it.
Old 03-26-03, 07:48 AM

Re: Possible new info on "Ripper" (Spoilers???)

Originally posted by Tom Banjo
from AICN (and we all know what that means...)
well, Herc is a damn bit more accurate than Harry. That said, this bit of news has been floating around for at least a couple of weeks now. I'd love to see a Ripper show. Giles running around Europe, Giles putting together a new Watcher's Council, etc. What I found more interesting at AICN was the interview with series writer Jane E. about how bleak things are looking for a spin-off series. With a Faith based show done, the other idea getting play was a "Slayer Academy" show, which according to the writer, just didn't feel right to Whedon. Plus side is with a fifth season of Angel, hopefully, Joss will spend a little more time writing there. All things being equal, I wish Firefly was still around.
Old 03-26-03, 08:26 AM

Re: Re: Possible new info on "Ripper" (Spoilers???)

Originally posted by Nathan Gervais
well, Herc is a damn bit more accurate than Harry. That said, this bit of news has been floating around for at least a couple of weeks now. I'd love to see a Ripper show. Giles running around Europe, Giles putting together a new Watcher's Council, etc. What I found more interesting at AICN was the interview with series writer Jane E. about how bleak things are looking for a spin-off series. With a Faith based show done, the other idea getting play was a "Slayer Academy" show, which according to the writer, just didn't feel right to Whedon. Plus side is with a fifth season of Angel, hopefully, Joss will spend a little more time writing there. All things being equal, I wish Firefly was still around.
I'm with you on the Firefly...bastiges!

-doc