TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Married By America 3/10/03

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-03, 11:31 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Married By America 3/10/03

Got around to watching the match-ups.

These "proposals" were actually pretty entertaining to watch. The differences from instant chemistry and guarded optimism to simply polite was on display.

1. Jill and Kevin - instant chemistry.

2. Cortez and Matt - guarded optimism. I don't think Cortez physically dug Matt.

3. Billie Jean and Tony - this is going to be the wild couple to beat. Also instant chemistry, but might burn out too quickly.

4. Jennifer and Xavier - polite, and somewhat stuffy/awkward. I blame most it on Jennifer.

5. Denise D. and Stephen - no chemistry, just politeness. I don't think Stephen physically dug Denise.

The other Denise L. just played mute when asked about her previous marriage that hasn't been dissolved. It was a very strange TV moment. She just literally clammed up.
Old 03-12-03, 01:22 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Married By America 3/10/03

Originally posted by Patman
The other Denise L. just played mute when asked about her previous marriage that hasn't been dissolved. It was a very strange TV moment. She just literally clammed up.
I didn't watch the show last night but had heard about this woman already being married. So, how did they handle it? Did they ask her about it in a seperate interview or did they ask her in front of the audience?
Old 03-12-03, 05:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Re: Married By America 3/10/03

Originally posted by WWE Jedi
I didn't watch the show last night but had heard about this woman already being married. So, how did they handle it? Did they ask her about it in a seperate interview or did they ask her in front of the audience?
They basically played it as normal, announcing who got the most votes (Not the married Denise), having the 'winner' come down front. Then they turned to the married woman, and confronted her with the news. She just kind of froze. They later had a clip of her behind the stage trying to explain it away. My favorite parts? "Everyone always thinks that I'm married!" and her admitting to being married, but claiming it didn't count because she wasn't mentally, "white picket-fence" married.

I think this show might actually be pretty entertaining if they'd embrace the cheese factor. They're playing it way too seriously, and it'd be more fun if the creative team would just admit how stupid this whole thing is.