Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Angel repeats to air on TNT

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 02-27-03, 03:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, it looks as though Angel will be shown on TNT this fall. Hooray for syndication!

You can find the story here:

'Angel' heads to TNT: TNT is about to become "Angel"-ic now that the cable network has entered an agreement with Twentieth Television to air off-net rights of the WB series "Angel" as early as fall 2003. Angel joins a TNT lineup that features top dramas such as "Law & Order," "NYPD Blue," "ER," "The X-Files" and "Charmed," which form the network's daytime lineup. Since its launch in October 2002 TNT's daytime lineup has posted double-digit growth across key adults and households vs. previous weekday blocks and helped power TNT to its best-ever total-day growth in network history this past year.

"Over the past two years, we've enjoyed a mutually rewarding relationship with the Turner networks," stated Bob Cook, president and chief operating officer of Twentieth Television. "That relationship continues to thrive with this recent purchase. We're pleased to have "Angel" joining the list of high-profile dramas on TNT's schedule. Executive producer Joss Whedon has created and continues to deliver an innovative, groundbreaking show that has garnered a tremendous fan base."

And the Hollywood Reporter article:

'Angel' to lead charmed TNT life
Feb. 27, 2003

NEW YORK -- TNT has acquired exclusive off-network rights to the WB Network drama series "Angel" from Twentieth Television. The 88-episode library will cost TNT about $300,000 per episode, according to sources close to the deal, which was closed quickly over the course of last month's NATPE conference in New Orleans. TNT outbid several competing networks as well. Scheduled to run twice each weekday beginning in the fall, "Angel" will join the network's daytime lineup, which includes "Law & Order," "NYPD Blue" and "ER." Currently a solid primetime performer in its fourth season on the WB, "Angel" will likely be paired on TNT with fellow WB series "Charmed."

Call me crazy, but I think this bodes well for a fifth season. A girl can dream, can't she?

~wis
Old 02-27-03, 07:40 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Angel repeats to air on TNT

Originally posted by writteninstars
Currently a solid primetime performer in its fourth season on the WB
Well, that's the first time I've read that. I thought it was doing fairly poorly, even more since it moved to Wednesdays?